Cheerful window valance

Krakovianka

We moved into this house about 7 years ago, and I've never had anything on this window in the entry-way. It's a really gloomy, dark space, with a low ceiling and ugly stonelike, institutional floor, where people take off coats and boots, if necessary, and then come upstairs to the living area. Recently, I've put a few things in the space to make it seem nicer and more welcoming (interior design isn't really my strong suit), and decided to make a valance to brighten the space. (The window faces north, and yes, those are bars. It really needs help.)

I chose a sunny shade of yellow (the walls are pale yellow), and this has been one of my summer projects. I'm so pleased to have it finished and hung. I love the pattern (which comes from one of my Polish magazines), but this little valance was a "big" project for me. You can adjust the length of the motifs to fit a window of any size, but I can't imagine making a curtain large enough for a whole window!

In any case, I think it does what I wanted it to do--it brightens up the space nicely, and makes me smile when I look at it.

post-13065-135897678644_thumb.jpg

Very nice! the lace panels are SO pretty! very ingenious to use the edge of the panel as a tab for hanging.

I looked at the photo before i read the whole post and i thought you had pretty leaded glass windows:lol

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived