My first tunisian project :) - DONE!!

jillkap

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's at 143 rows (not the best picture, sorry :P ) the next row begins her face!! :cheer cruising right along... Thanks to everyone who's following!! :yay

post-43909-135897684221_thumb.jpg

It is a TON of colors :eek A lot of the colors aren't used for much more than an accent though so it's really only like 15 colors (which is still a lot :lol ) The hair was the hardest part though because of ALL the color changes...glad that's over!! :cheer

Ok everyone, we're in the home stretch now :) the two people are DONE!! :cheer Now all I have to do is the name across the top...only 30 more rows!! I'm debating leaving off the final 10 rows (right after the name) because it's already very long (it currently measures 39" x 69" and the name is another 20 rows). I also might make a black strip on either side to even out the length x width ratio a little more... I'm going to put a border around the whole thing, too, and I've decided to line the back with fabric because there are SOOOOO many loose ends :eek I'm not even going to attempt it. Well here we are at 220 rows :)

post-43909-135897687382_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897687384_thumb.jpg

FINISHED!!! :cheer:clap:yay:D I decided to add their wedding date at the bottom to take up that free-looking space and I had to cross-stitch embroider it, so I also embroidered the name across the top (instead of doing it with the tunisian method) I love this border too, it makes it look like a picture in a frame :) I still have to line the back, but all the crochet work is done!! Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments on here :hug Now I just have to wait another month before I can give it to them!! :manyheart

post-43909-135897689128_thumb.jpg

post-43909-13589768913_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897689132_thumb.jpg

Wow, that truly is a piece of art to treasure! Well done for sticking with it and completing it with a month to spare!!! Be prepared for more orders because I think a lot of people will and their own personalised afghan from you!!! Im sure they will adore it.

Wow, that truly is a piece of art to treasure! Well done for sticking with it and completing it with a month to spare!!! Be prepared for more orders because I think a lot of people will and their own personalised afghan from you!!! Im sure they will adore it.

I was thinking about advertising special orders for a personalized blanket (like this one) maybe on etsy or something, but I don't know if people would actually pay what I would sell them for :blush I feel like that's a problem many of us run in to with selling our lovely handmade items, other people who don't understand the craft and what it takes to create something like that don't really understand the true value of it :hook

I'm speechless! What a stunning piece of work! You are extremely talented! LOVE the border - it just sets it off perfectly! Just gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

Archived