My first tunisian project :) - DONE!!

jillkap

I just started my very first tunisian project and I loooooooooooove this stitch method!!! :cheer I'm making an afghan for my best friend as a wedding gift, it's a photo from their engagement pictures and I added their name at the top (attached) I'm using a 6mm 32" chiaogoo hook (which is awesome by the way, I want to switch all my hooks over to bamboo!!) and it's the perfect size. Of course I dove in head first and decided to make a graphgan with 25 colors :eek but I'm 10 rows in so far and I am loving this project :) It's so much easier to me than doing graphgans using the single crochet method!! I think it's because you don't have to turn the work every row. I have 2 months to finish this graphgan and it's 250 rows!! Stay tuned for updates!! :hook

post-43909-13589767647_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. My eyeballs almost popped outta my head. AMAZING! I would LOVE to learn how to do this! Where can you go to learn and convert photos to patterns?

Wow. My eyeballs almost popped outta my head. AMAZING! I would LOVE to learn how to do this! Where can you go to learn and convert photos to patterns?

I did it using this computer software: http://www.crochetdesigns.com/ This is my first graph I've made with the program and I'm pretty happy with it :)

Here's the first pic I could get!! It doesn't look like much because it's only 15 rows but each row takes about 30-40 minutes to complete (down and back) because there are SO many color changes so I have to pay very close attention to the graph (lots of counting squares!! :eek ) but I'm happy with it so far :) That's another plus --> the color changes are so much easier using this tunisian method that the single crochet method, it produces a much smoother product :cheer Thanks to everyone who's looking!!

post-43909-135897676707_thumb.jpg

Good for you! I love tunisian! I have that program too, but I didn't know I could use pictures??!! How did you do it?

OK..I just figured it out! I can't believe I have this for ever and never used it for pics!! LOL

Thanks everyone!! I will be posting more pictures of my progress this weekend :cheer

Good for you! I love tunisian! I have that program too, but I didn't know I could use pictures??!! How did you do it?

OK..I just figured it out! I can't believe I have this for ever and never used it for pics!! LOL

Didn't you watch the tutorials? :lol I actually bought the program specifically for this project, but I hope to use it for many more projects in the future :)

Looks great so far! Good luck with it. I've never tried tunisian or graphing...at least not yet. Maybe someday!

Oh you should!! and if you decide to do a graph I would definitely use the tunisian method :clap

Here's the latest progress pic at 41 rows... I feel like I'm not getting anywhere but it actually looks more like a picture in the photo (if that makes sense) than it does in person!! :clap I should have started sooner, this is going to be cutting it close as far as getting it done by their wedding (on September 17th :eek ) but I'll just keep on truckin' :yes I wish I had used a finer yarn for the black (it's caron pounder) because it's thicker than the other yarns and making the right ride of the piece higher than the rest... hopefully I can even it out towards the middle and end :)

post-43909-135897679381_thumb.jpg

that is going to look simply amazing! I really want to learn to do Tunisian crochet, this just gives me one more reason bc I'd like to do a graphghan but the back and forth makes me nervous

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been working like a mad woman... but the good news is I have the whole month off from work so I'll definitely be able to finish in time!! :clap Here is the latest, I'm at 90 rows!! (only 160 more to go :blush ) The first picture is the full piece (so far) and the other two are close up showing ALL of the color changes I have to deal with :eek It's driving me nuts... only about 10 more rows of these intricate parts though and then it goes on to be a LOT more solid :D The second picture is of her hair and the third picture is where her sweater is beginning and the lower part of his hand (refer to the graph picture in the first post) Thanks again for looking!!

post-43909-135897682913_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897682915_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897682917_thumb.jpg

Archived