My first tunisian project :) - DONE!!

jillkap

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are amazing! For a first tunisian project, this seems very difficult and you did it with such gorgeous results! I am sure the happy couple is going to be overcome with gratitude at such a generous, thoughtful, and artful gift! You are very talented!

I need to learn the Tunisian stitch . Is it really hard?

Personally I do not think it is hard. What makes it more difficult is the amount of colors you use in a piece (and the numbers of color changes in a row). The only thing I don't really like about it is that the top and the bottom of the piece tend to curl (more like a knitted piece) so you need to work the border around with the wrong side facing once or twice to make it flatten out better. You can practice by making a small piece and using your regular crochet hook (do like 10-15 stitches in a row) :) I highly recommend it!! :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here are the final pics of the afghan... the lining!! This was a pain :yes I love the pattern on the fabric though :) This was my FIRST and LAST time of ever lining an afghan... unless someone invents a sewing machine that you can run a crochet piece through!! :eek The wedding is a week from today, I can't wait to give it to them!! :clap Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful comments :cheer

post-43909-135897695247_thumb.jpg

post-43909-13589769525_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897695252_thumb.jpg

this is my first time reading this thread, and I gotta say, I am in awe of your talent, determination, skill, and creativity! Sheesh, it's gorgeous! and the lining, the edging, everything, just looks divine! I can't imagine how many hours is into it, nor how many stitches, and how many eye prescriptions for new glasses you may have gone through, ha ha. Very prized possession it will become! I bet they hang it! It's such a generous and giving gift, your friends are so very lucky!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hello jillkap, I just registered so I could ask you about this wedding afghan. Could you please tell me how you converted a photograph into a graph? 99% of all my projects are tunisian but I have never seen anything as remarkable as that photograph you posted.

Thank you,

Sue Ann

wow that is stunning!!!. I wanted to do something like this for m BFF but I kept being told by the ppl who were gonna make me a graph that The pic I had had to many colors in it and it would not work.. I couldnt even get it to work in black n white :(

Thank you everyone!! :)

hello jillkap, I just registered so I could ask you about this wedding afghan. Could you please tell me how you converted a photograph into a graph? 99% of all my projects are tunisian but I have never seen anything as remarkable as that photograph you posted.

Thank you,

Sue Ann

Hi Sue Ann, I actually just posted this on your intro post :lol I have a software that can upload photos and converts them into graph patterns. You can find the software here. It is mainly supposed to be used for filet patterns, but I got it mainly for photos and graphics. It's kind of expensive, but I think it is worth it!!

wow that is stunning!!!. I wanted to do something like this for m BFF but I kept being told by the ppl who were gonna make me a graph that The pic I had had to many colors in it and it would not work.. I couldnt even get it to work in black n white :(

With this software you can choose how many colors you would like the pattern to be...this specific afghan was originally detected as like 150 colors or something ridiculous like that, and I converted it down to about 25 colors, it was definitely difficult, but not impossible :hook If you (or anyone else) would like a pattern made from a photo, I can create it for you for $10 per photo pattern :) If you would like to email me with any questions I can be contacted at jkrochetdesigns@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
This is gorgeous! I was wondering what size hook you used?

I used a 32" 6mm hook :) I kind of wish I used a 5.5mm hook though because it's a little longer than wide (as far as proportion is concerned)

• 1 month later...

That is beautiful. I am not sure what impresses me most, how quickly you achieved it or that you found the right colors (grin). I have made some graph ghans and given them for gifts...they were really loved. I love your ghan! Mine were made from graphs other crocheters shared and one that I painstakingly hand made. What program did you use to make the graph? It is gorgeous.

Archived