New yarn at wal-mart

dottie

Bernat Berella 4 was one of my favorite worsteds. I wonder if this is the replacement for it, since the Berella 4 is being discontinued. I will have to check it out. Thanks for letting us know.

I also like Bernat- and it made an awesome Stash Buster Tote!!! Next time I'm in Wally World I'll have to check it out---not that I need any more yarn after all the damage I did at JoAnn and Michael's Clearance Sales!:lol:lol:lol:lol

I NEED yarn. I haven't any good colors left in my stash. Saw that yarn at walmart when I was there on my lunch break the other day. Going tomorrow to get some since it's payday!!!

Thanks for the report. I hope it's similar to Bernat Berella 4 -- in feel and colors. I wonder if all Walmarts will have it. Not that I'm buying -- haha -- still in stashbusting mode . . . but once in a while there's just that one color I need to round things out . . .

I NEED yarn. I haven't any good colors left in my stash. Saw that yarn at walmart when I was there on my lunch break the other day. Going tomorrow to get some since it's payday!!!

Don't we ALL need yarn! :yes

kuddles

I stopped at a Wal-mart by me on Weds, nothing new yet but they did have some 14oz (in only two colors) of RedHeart for $3 a skein, soft white (which I use constantly) and soft navy. They had French Country RH at $1 a skein and a few Homespun colors at $2.50.

I love Bernat Berella 4, stocked up when Michaels clearanced it out at $1 a skein about a year ago. It is so soft. Also use their SuperValue too, a tad softer then RH.

Maybe I will trek over to the other Wal-mart today. And this after buying 19 skeins on clearance at Wal-mart and my friend dropped off another 13 skeins she didn't want (and is looking for the other bag of yarn she isn't using).

Stash busting?? Not a chance with me?? Passing up clearance??? Oh no, it just doesn't happen!!! LOL.

LI Roe

Thanks for sharing this!... I have VERY sensitive skin and often have trouble working with Red Heart. I look forward to trying it out. I love Caron, but I hope to start making some totes soon and this may be the perfect yarn (for me ;)) to use.

Oooh....I haven't seen it here in my local Walmarts yet....I do know that they have been clearancing a lot of yarn. I just bought up all of the Vanna's choice I could get...$1.50 a skein...how could I pass that up?

Didn't see any new Red Heart today, but got Bernat Baby's Breath on clearance for $1 a skein 2 yellow and 6 blue, sooner or later someones going to have a boy, right? (this year all our friends are having girls, lol). Bernat Baby Jacquards on clearance were only $2 so I got 2 colors to use in an ongoing afghan project with bits and pieces of most of the colors that yarn comes in.

Also saw the "new" Peaches and Creme *note spelling* Made in Canada now, and the label is different. Some new colors I really liked, but I have far too much that has to be used up first to justify a purchase there.

Didn't see any new Red Heart today, but got Bernat Baby's Breath on clearance for $1 a skein 2 yellow and 6 blue, sooner or later someones going to have a boy, right? (this year all our friends are having girls, lol). Bernat Baby Jacquards on clearance were only $2 so I got 2 colors to use in an ongoing afghan project with bits and pieces of most of the colors that yarn comes in.

Also saw the "new" Peaches and Creme *note spelling* Made in Canada now, and the label is different. Some new colors I really liked, but I have far too much that has to be used up first to justify a purchase there.

I always check out the yarn aisle at Wal Mart, on the chance there will be something on clearance. I didn't notice any new yarn yet. I did get some of the Peaches & Creme on sale for $1 each - I'd guess it was the last of the paraticular dye lots, and I got 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver for $1 each. There were 3 skeins, but one skein was a different dye lot. Probably should have bought it anyway.

Of course I didn't "need" the sale items, but what does that matter.

I always check out the yarn aisle at Wal Mart, on the chance there will be something on clearance. I didn't notice any new yarn yet. I did get some of the Peaches & Creme on sale for $1 each - I'd guess it was the last of the paraticular dye lots, and I got 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver for $1 each. There were 3 skeins, but one skein was a different dye lot. Probably should have bought it anyway.

Of course I didn't "need" the sale items, but what does that matter.

I never do either but I can't resist. I have found yarn in their clearance aisles, at least the Wal-marts by me tend to have a couple of aisles with all sorts of clearance items. The ones I bought were marked higher but I love to price check everything and love when it comes up even less (like the $3 RedHeart 14 oz and the $1 RH Super Saver too.

LI Roe

still blowing the dust off our wally's yarn selections..nothing new or exciting, but I have hope ..manged around the bargain bins last night and found 5 skeins of P & C for .75 a skein of course in my least fav colors but what the hay with cotton prices soaring I can learn to like it, agree there was some fab new colors in the P n C in cones and balls with the new company face lift labels I might go back and get some of that new dark brown and I need some black <yeah sure you do> ..tis a shame about the old us company

I am heart broken if it's true that berella 4 is discontinued love that yarn was economical/yet soft

Archived