Dog Bone Mat

yarnlover66

Gosh, it seems like forever since I have been able to post something! I have been so busy--like everyone else I'm sure. My transmission went out on my van so I've been car shopping. Got my "new" car yesterday. To add to my stress, my mom had to have surgery in Des Moines, IA Friday to have a lump removed in her neck and was released yesterday. We are all on pins and needles awaiting results. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is that I finally got a chance to try the dog bone mat! WOW! It really went fast. It is a great pattern! I decided to make these for the dogs in my family for Christmas. Their owners will really be surprised!! I'm including a picture. It looks like Christmas colors. It is meant to match the room the dog dish is in. It is actually 1-mauve, 1-sage green and 2-tan.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/KarmasDogBoneMat1.jpg

I finished this tonight. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to because my 7 year old niece slammed my index finger on my right hand in the door of my "new" car! lol. It is sore, but I can still crochet. I'm anxious to give this to my mom now since it is for her Golden Retriever, but I'm going to try to wait.

Better go get started on the next one. :hook

I am thrilled to see another Dog Bone mat....haven't seen any for a while. I am so glad you liked the pattern. I am still hoping to hear back from the magazine people.

You did a wonderful job!!!:clap

PS I am so sorry about your finger...that's gotta hurt!:(

Love it! This is so high on my to-do list, it's making me crazy. I have the blue and white Sugar and Cream I want to use; now I just need the time. My two dogs are big, so mine will have to be a big bone to accomodate their big bowls, but I can't wait to make this. Your's turned out super! Patty

I am thrilled to see another Dog Bone mat....haven't seen any for a while. I am so glad you liked the pattern. I am still hoping to hear back from the magazine people.

I'm really glad to see another bone too, I love christmas colors and I love this pattern :manyheart

Andrea, try submitting it to the 2007 calendar that everyone is talking about, It's such a great pattern, they have to accept it :manyheart

So cute!! Thank you very much for this pattern! My DD and her husband just got a new beagle puppy. She'll be thrilled when I show up with the Dog Bone Mat. Can't wait to make it, I can already think of 3 people who would love this. :tup

Thanks for all the compliments! Wish I would have thought this pattern up myself! I'm not that creative! I'm glad someone is so I can make great things like this. I have 2 more on my "to do" list for Christmas. I think they'll be surprised.

This bone is for a Golden Retriever. It measures from the center of the bone curves 30" x 12". I was trying to be sneaky and measure the dog's dishes so I knew how long to make it and my brother walked in--he said--What are you doing? I said "nothing" and quickly changed the subject. whew.

My next bone is for a black lab, but she is small and her dishes are small. The last one is for our dog--a cockapoo. Her dishes are small too.

Please share your pics when you get them done, everybody!

:dog :dog :dog

Here is the pattern again, for anyone that wants it. I am so thrilled that it has been so popular!! I need to make more, maybe one for Hallowe'en in Orange and black...and one for Christmas...

Anyway this is where you can find the pattern:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11536

Thanks Andrea for such a great pattern. I just bought yarn to make another one. It is going to be made with 2 strands of black and 2 strands of gray. Curious to see how those colors work together. I'll definitely post the pic when it is completed. Holiday colored ones would be fun!:clap:cheer:hook

Theresa, I like the black & gray. looks great. I am going to make a small one for my daughters MIL. Long Hair Chi, so it is going to be grey with dusty pink. I will let you know how it turns out.

Archived