Jackpot!!

One of my co-workers went garage saling last week and brought me back a box of yarn but not just yarn, a complete afghan kit for one of the Mile-A-Minute afghans purchased from Annies Attic. The original shipping invoice was still in the box and said the purchase price of the kit was $35.

This is the best part, she only paid $1!!!!!!! Is that not just the best deal ever?!? :hook

post-12157-135897651554_thumb.jpg

How I come I NEVER find stuff like this? :think I went to a huge indoor garage sale last weekend that was at an Expo center. Do you think anyone there had one thing remotely associated to crochet? NO!

You are one lucky, lucky girl! :cheer

Did you go to the Porter County one????? If it was, that's the only reason I would've gone, glad I didn't.

Carol:hook

How I come I NEVER find stuff like this? :think I went to a huge indoor garage sale last weekend that was at an Expo center. Do you think anyone there had one thing remotely associated to crochet? NO!

You are one lucky, lucky girl! :cheer

You're getting me all excited for garage and estate sale season. I keep hoping that I'll find that estate sale for the woman who collected yarn for 80 years. Hey, it could happen.

Actually my mother recently told me that my grandmother apparently has a huge closet full of yarn she bought out from a yarn store when the owners retired back in the 70s. It may become mine if I can find a way to get it... ROAD TRIP!

Is a 1500 mile road trip worth it just to get a little over 300 skeins of random yarn that, by the description, is mostly wool...

Yeah, it totally is, and I'd get to visit with my Gram for a few days as a bonus!

Archived