SC 8 Point Round Dishcloth (8"x8"inches point to point) (2 images)

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SC 8 Point Round Dishcloth
post-11825-135897638002_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl March 11, 2011

Materials:

Worsted weight cotton yarn
Size G hook (4.25mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 8”h x 8”w inches point to point

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch2, 8 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc.
(8sc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 2 sc in each of the next 7 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(16sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, (1 sc, ch2, 1 sc) all in same st as joining, [skip next st, (1 sc, ch2, 1 sc) all in next st] Do this 7 times, join with sl st to first sc.
(16sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 4: Sl st in next ch2 space, ch1, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in same ch2 space, [skip next 2 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(32sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 5: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in next st, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in next st, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in next st] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(48sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 6: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(64sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 7: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(80sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 8: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(96sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 9: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(112sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Rnd 10: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, [skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts] Do this 7 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(128sc, 8-ch2 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl March 11, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897637997_thumb.jpg

Edited by champygirl
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to try this. I'm always looking for fun dishcloth patterns to use in bridal shower gift baskets and this looks especially fun to make.

• 1 month later...

I like these quite a lot. I've never gotten the hang of the star pattern in larger projects, so hopefully this will help me get the hang of it while making something useful!

Thank you!

These are very pretty -- thank you so much for sharing your pattern! I am always amazed at how many of my favorite patterns have been generously shared by the designers at no charge! Very appreciative of your talents!

Here is the dishcloth that I made.

[ATTACH]40998[/ATTACH]

Guess I couldn't count since I ended up with 9 points. LOL I have no idea how I did it either! :hook

LOL!! :haha Yours is cute too. I'm going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...