Our House Part Two

JulieKay

It sounds like you're having a great weekend!

And I know about those BPDC's...that's what made me sure I would never make the hat - even though it's cute!

Actually, I considered frogging it, but dd really likes it and wants to see it finished.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dh and I ended up going out on the nearby hiking trail this afternoon, so we've had quite a bit of exercise this weekend, and then I did another few rows on the hat. Tomorrow its back to work.....

Good night everyone!

Mary2- Your brunch with just DH sounds wonderful:manyheart Glad you missed all that traffic. And I must ask- do we have new bunnies?:rabbit

yup we did! some were first time mom's :angry and they put babies on the wire or didn't pull fur. Usually means dead babies especially at this time of year.

closing the curtains..setting up auto pot :lol

night house

Good morning House!

Thanks for the coffee Mary2- Sorry to hear about the bunnies that didn't make it. I hope that some of them did.

Marisa- Glad to hear you had a great weekend- and you sure were ambitious when you got back home- you did a lot in a short amount of time. Have a good Monday at work.

Cindy- You and DH sure did get in a lot of exercise!! Good for you!!! Hope your work day goes by smoothly!

Julie- Did you see Cam at all this weekend? Or did you end up going to the motel where you have your reunion that Sam had suggested?

Tammy- Hope you had a nice Easter with your sons and DH and that your headache/stomachache are subsiding!!

Kiyo- How did Aree like her new Easter bag? And your Mom's? Hope you had a wonderful day!

Off to get ready for paradise! Have a wonderful day all!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Not much new to report since last night. I got a round and a half done on my tote before the dryer finished and I had to fold clothes. After that I headed upstairs, nook in hand :)

Mary2 - Sorry to hear about the bunnies, did any of them make it? :hug

Joanne and Cindy - Have a great day in paradise :D

'morning, peeps!

Mary1 - I chuckled: Gracie treated that baby possum the same way a cat I once had treated a field mouse that snuck in our apartment. He dropped it from his mouth...waited for it to move...and batted it from side to side. Poor thing eventually escaped the way it came in:lol

Any pics from Luke and the petting zoo???:)

Actually, I considered frogging it, but dd really likes it and wants to see it finished.

Amazing what we'll do when our kids ask:lol

Dh and I ended up going out on the nearby hiking trail this afternoon, so we've had quite a bit of exercise this weekend, and then I did another few rows on the hat. Tomorrow its back to work.....

Good night everyone!

I hope work goes fast for you today....

Well, todayI want to straighten up the house after the weekend, and that includes getting in my laundry room and consolidating yarn that sits in different bags.

I also have the GS project that's about 2/3rds finished. I'm not starting anything else till that's done so I can give my neighbor 3 blankies for the NICU.

Joanne and Marisa, I hope you have a good, fast workday and I'm counting the days till our meetup on Saturday. And Phyllis is looking forward to meeting everyone!

Later, gators:hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :) This will be quick - off to the dentist this a.m. We had horrible storms during the night, so not much sleep for me.

Luke was perfectly happy for over 2 hours yesterday! He gently petted a baby goat and piglet and then wanted to play with the picket fence. :lol The brunch was incredible - everything from a full breakfast to salads, shrimp, tenderloin, and dozens of other things. So many choices!

Mary2 ~ Oh, so sorry about the bunnies. :hug

Sorry for the short post. Have a good morning, everyone!

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

How was everyones Easter?

Mine was wonderfully peaceful until about 10pm when daughter and kids came home.

We had a lovely "no routine, non-traditional" day!

Boys hunted their Easter eggs... enjoyed their baskets of candy and toys... they played games... hubby got a nice time of catching up on news... I designed a new tote bag and just loved the noise of only my boys... which was giggling .. playing and being silly!

Today I am spending time with my laptop and getting some serious typing done!

I have a couple of patterns I must get typed up!!!!!

So... back at it I go.

you all have a magical Monday!

:heart

:mug

......HELLO LADIES!!!.....

I must say, I am feeling better but I think I have something going on in my innards on the left side----hopefully just girlie issues!

~Wrennie----LOVE THE HATS!! THANK YOU!!

~ hmmmmmm...........I just had a brain fart and forgot everything I was going to respond to everyone! SORRY

Yes, Aree loved her bag---and stupid me.......I didn't take ANY photos of any of us together with her and all of our bags that matched us!!!! WTHHHHHH??? Obviously I wasn't thinking.

Hello everyone. Busy day at work today, 9as usual). So far the rain that is in our forecast hasn't materialized. Hopefully it will pass us by completely. We've had a lot of rain lately, so we could use a week of dry weather.

I am still working on that hat. (boring........)

Hello everyone. Busy day at work today, 9as usual). So far the rain that is in our forecast hasn't materialized. Hopefully it will pass us by completely. We've had a lot of rain lately, so we could use a week of dry weather.

I am still working on that hat. (boring........)

I wish our rain would space itself out a little too - chance of it again tonight and Joanne and my Yankees are supposed to be playing!

Our Easter was good - we invited a friend over (who would have otherwise been alone) to join us. He was also one of DS's patients at one time, too, so it was a very relaxing day....except for me, of course...not a woman in the bunch to help out, not even the dog:lol

I only have 2 strips of grannies to join and then I'll edge them....BUT...in today's mail I got the bamboo thread and pattern to make my shawl!:yay

I get so easily distracted. It's going to take an effort to finish the blankie before looking at the shal. I didn't even read the pattern or play with the thread yet. I know me:devil

Well I know I've been unforgivably MIA for a long time...a lot has been going on. From January through March until early April, I was rehearsing for the Vashon Choral performance of Brahms Requiem Opus 45 in German. The performances went well. Also sang one of the songs in English at the Methodist Church for one of their services a couple of weeks before that. Meanwhile, working on crochet thread hats that will go to Canada...have one more hat to do...

Easter was different this year. I went to 4 churches in 3 days...Good Friday at the Methodist Church to hear a cantata that some of the choral people were singing in, then Saturday morning at a funeral of one of my dad's friends at another church, then to the Catholic church on the island for the Easter vigil and baptism for my neighbor's daughter and then on Sunday to my own church. Tired doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Meanwhile...sad news...my husband's brother and one of his nephews has been battling cancer and then the brother fell and hit his head and is in hospital and prognosis is grim...Hub-E is flying out to Illinois tomorrow. Both brother and nephew are in the same hospital...everyone is understandably freaked out and worried...

I will be driving down to California in a couple of weeks to see my mom who is having surgery on her hands...nothing too serious per se...thoughts and prayers for all would be greatly appreciated.

So I should be doing stuff today, but I can't seem to focus. Hub-E is at the dentist, but this has all gotten to him...yesterday for the first time he broke down more than once. And then of course I broke down.

All one can do is take things one at a time.

Switching gears to baseball...our Mariners are frustrating...but we still love them and will be going to our first game of the season on Mother's Day...I wish I could see S.F. Giants games but I keep up (more or less) with the team via Facebook...

Serenghetti and BB are good...

I bought a new sewing machine and named her Viveka Bleu...been taking sewing machine classes on how to use her. She's a Viking Sapphire...I adore her. I made her a cover to go over her hard cover that has pockets to stash manuals and cords. Turned out pretty good.

Life's been incredibly busy and seems to be getting even busier.

Oh and I'm making falsies for the American Cancer Society along with many people from the yarn shop. Most are knitting them, but I'm crocheting them and sewing on little butterflies...trying to make it fun.

I'm probably forgetting things...but there you have it so far.

Hey everyone! Was and extremely BUSY weekend for me. Saturday was Trade day and running around with my neighbor and her family. Then, dd came home and we sat up late and talked. Sunday was Easter service at the church, they did a beautiful cantata, and then dinner with the mama and sister. DD and i had a relaxing, visiting afternoon. Then this morning, both of us getting up and her leaving, took all my time before work. I was totally exhausted so took a very LONG nap this afternoon. I'm not going to try to catch up, but will go back and read to catch up.!!

:heart and :hug everyone!

Welcome back LeAnna....you and Hub-E need our prayers, too, along with his brother and nephew....:hug:manyheart

Toni, I'm at the point in my life that I usually need a day to recover after a holiday - this time was different, though. I seem to be running on adrenalin today. I guess the crash will come tomorrow instead:lol

The weather looks good for the Yankee game (so far). I hope it lasts:P

Have a good nght, everyone:hug:manyheart

Joanne and Marisa, I hope you have a good, fast workday and I'm counting the days till our meetup on Saturday. And Phyllis is looking forward to meeting everyone!

I can't wait!!! It'll be nice to meet Phyllis- and Cheeria is coming too!!!

Good Morning, Ladies. :) This will be quick - off to the dentist this a.m. We had horrible storms during the night, so not much sleep for me. Hope all went well at the dentist!

Luke was perfectly happy for over 2 hours yesterday! He gently petted a baby goat and piglet and then wanted to play with the picket fence. :lol The brunch was incredible - everything from a full breakfast to salads, shrimp, tenderloin, and dozens of other things. So many choices! I love brunch!!! I bet it was fun watching Luke pet the animals! :)

!

Mine was wonderfully peaceful until about 10pm when daughter and kids came home. So glad to hear that!!!!

We had a lovely "no routine, non-traditional" day! They are the best kind!!!

Boys hunted their Easter eggs... enjoyed their baskets of candy and toys... they played games... hubby got a nice time of catching up on news... I designed a new tote bag and just loved the noise of only my boys... which was giggling .. playing and being silly! :yay

I have a couple of patterns I must get typed up!!!!! Can't wait to see them!

you all have a magical Monday! You too!!!

......HELLO LADIES!!!.....

I must say, I am feeling better but I think I have something going on in my innards on the left side----hopefully just girlie issues! Hope you figure out what's ailing you!

~ hmmmmmm...........I just had a brain fart and forgot everything I was going to respond to everyone! SORRY Happens to me more often than I care to say!!!:lol

Yes, Aree loved her bag---and stupid me.......I didn't take ANY photos of any of us together with her and all of our bags that matched us!!!! WTHHHHHH??? Obviously I wasn't thinking. Or you were just having a good time and forgot!

Hello everyone. Busy day at work today, 9as usual). So far the rain that is in our forecast hasn't materialized. Hopefully it will pass us by completely. We've had a lot of rain lately, so we could use a week of dry weather. As Judy mentioned, it's threatening to rain- but so far nada!!!

I am still working on that hat. (boring........) Before you know it, you'll have finished it and made DD a happy girl!!

I only have 2 strips of grannies to join and then I'll edge them....BUT...in today's mail I got the bamboo thread and pattern to make my shawl!:yay Oh, that is going to be such a temptation for you:devil

I get so easily distracted. It's going to take an effort to finish the blankie before looking at the shal. I didn't even read the pattern or play with the thread yet. I know me:devil

Well I know I've been unforgivably MIA for a long time...a lot has been going on. From January through March until early April, I was rehearsing for the Vashon Choral performance of Brahms Requiem Opus 45 in German. The performances went well. Also sang one of the songs in English at the Methodist Church for one of their services a couple of weeks before that. Meanwhile, working on crochet thread hats that will go to Canada...have one more hat to do...

Easter was different this year. I went to 4 churches in 3 days...Good Friday at the Methodist Church to hear a cantata that some of the choral people were singing in, then Saturday morning at a funeral of one of my dad's friends at another church, then to the Catholic church on the island for the Easter vigil and baptism for my neighbor's daughter and then on Sunday to my own church. Tired doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Meanwhile...sad news...my husband's brother and one of his nephews has been battling cancer and then the brother fell and hit his head and is in hospital and prognosis is grim...Hub-E is flying out to Illinois tomorrow. Both brother and nephew are in the same hospital...everyone is understandably freaked out and worried...

I will be driving down to California in a couple of weeks to see my mom who is having surgery on her hands...nothing too serious per se...thoughts and prayers for all would be greatly appreciated.

So I should be doing stuff today, but I can't seem to focus. Hub-E is at the dentist, but this has all gotten to him...yesterday for the first time he broke down more than once. And then of course I broke down.

Switching gears to baseball...our Mariners are frustrating...but we still love them and will be going to our first game of the season on Mother's Day...I wish I could see S.F. Giants games but I keep up (more or less) with the team via Facebook...

I bought a new sewing machine and named her Viveka Bleu...been taking sewing machine classes on how to use her. She's a Viking Sapphire...I adore her. I made her a cover to go over her hard cover that has pockets to stash manuals and cords. Turned out pretty good.

Oh and I'm making falsies for the American Cancer Society along with many people from the yarn shop. Most are knitting them, but I'm crocheting them and sewing on little butterflies...trying to make it fun.

Very good to hear from you LeAnna- and I'll keep your DH and his brother and nephew in my prayers!!!:hug:hug

Hey everyone! Was and extremely BUSY weekend for me. Saturday was Trade day and running around with my neighbor and her family. Then, dd came home and we sat up late and talked. Sunday was Easter service at the church, they did a beautiful cantata, and then dinner with the mama and sister. DD and i had a relaxing, visiting afternoon. Then this morning, both of us getting up and her leaving, took all my time before work. I was totally exhausted so took a very LONG nap this afternoon. I'm not going to try to catch up, but will go back and read to catch up.!!

:heart and :hug everyone!

Toni I'm so happy that you had a nice time with your DD!!! That's wonderful!!!!!

Busy day in paradise (what else is new?:lol) But I'm home, dinner done and going to watch the Yankees and hopefully finish up my 3rd Stashbuster Tote!!!!

BBL!

Hi, everyone. Woke up to sunshine but we had a severe thunderstorm alert this afternoon. Didn't amount to a lot more than lots of thunder. Went over to Rosie and John's last night and we watched "The King's Speech" together. WOW!!! It's a terrific movie. Today I've been pulling out boxes and sorting things into save pile, give away pile, pitch pile, etc. It's bringing up lots of memories, mostly good and a few bittersweet.

Mine was wonderfully peaceful until about 10pm when daughter and kids came home.

We had a lovely "no routine, non-traditional" day!

Boys hunted their Easter eggs... enjoyed their baskets of candy and toys... they played games... hubby got a nice time of catching up on news... I designed a new tote bag and just loved the noise of only my boys... which was giggling .. playing and being silly!

I have a couple of patterns I must get typed up!!!!!

So... back at it I go.

you all have a magical Monday!

Glad you had a nice weekend, Tammy. Did hubby give daughter a deadline for her and her family to be in their own place?

Sounds like you've had a very hectic spring. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Linda- My oldest had told me about that movie and I totally forgot about it. Thanks for seconding that it was a good one!!! I plan to do some more pitching/saving/donating this weekend sometime!!! spring fever I guess!!! If only we'd get a nice week of spring weather we'd be in business!!!:lol

Hey ladies :hi

I'm going to be fairly brief. The first half of the day went quickly at work, but the 2nd half dragged on and on and on and on...... :sigh

Me, Mary, and her mom then went to Boscov's (dept store). Their annual month long event started today. You get your card stamped 3x/week for 4 weeks and each week you complete you're eligible to buy the special item for that week pretty cheap. I think for this week it's a set of 4 soup cup set with covers for a couple dollars. If you do all 4 weeks, then you get a free gift. It doesn't cost anything to get the card stamped. But every day they have a different dept on sale. Today was bathing suits, outerwear, and sportswear, so I got a new bathing suit for a good price :D I haven't bought a new one since I finished chiro school :eek Mary's mom needs a new robe and those are on sale thursday and then friday is pocketbooks!!!! :clap So at least you get a calendar for the whole month to plan you're 3 days ahead of time for things you need.

Oh, and wednesday night is 31 cents a scoop at baskin robbins :devil So will be stopping there for a treat. I think it's 5-10 and it's everywhere, so go get your cheap ice cream :wink

Judy - I'm so excited that Phyllis is coming :clap Mary will not be coming this time since I have my appt at 7:45 and will be leaving from there since it's already a half hour in that direction. It doesn't make sense for me to come back to get her. We'll see if I could persuade her to come that early to my appt, but I doubt it :lol

LeAnna - Welcome and no worries on being MIA, we're always here waiting with open arms :ghug Definitely sending out some prayers for everyone over there, dh's bro and nephew, your mom, and you and dh too. :yay for the new sewing maching.

Kiyo - Um, do you think you might be pregnant?

OK, that's all for now....going to head upstairs in a few to watch dwts which is taping on my dvr :D

Hi Ladies,

Wrennie, The hats are pretty! It sounds like you got some good bargins to.

Joanne, Peach pie sounds yummy. I'm not a ruhbarb fan at all.

Marisa, Your Easter pie sounds yummy. Not at all what I was expecting. :clap for finishing your map.

Linda, Your potato soup sounds yummy!

Dusti, Love the stories from the girls. The bunny/slipper one is really cute. Did you go out and buy new slippers so she believes the bunny took yours? What kind of edible placecards did you make? Your treats and dinner sound yummy. How nice of you to make sure hubbies coworkers have a place to go on a holiday.

Faile, The scones sound great. I've never had them before. Can't wait to see your socks. Are you making both of them at the same time? Some do as the know they will never make the second one. I've never made socks.

Tam, Cute eggs! Glad your Easter was just the way you wanted it to be.

Mary2,:clap for a good rabbit show. Sorry the bunnies didn't make it.

Cindy, Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Mary, Glad Luke had a good time at the petting zoo and was a good sport for quite awhile.

Judy, Glad your shawl arrived. Good luck at staying distracted from it. Nice of you to invite a friend over for dinner.

Kiyo, Glad Aree loved her bag. No camera, it happens to all of us at some time or another.

LeAnna, So good to see you! You have been busy. Hope you get a few days to relax. I will keep DH, his brother and nephew in my prayers.

Toni, Glad you had a nice time with your family.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. We had a good one to. I have to tell you what I did and you can laugh I did. I was getting the eggs ready to boil so the kids color them. I boiled the water without the eggs. The first one I put in the water it cracked so I stopped right there. Started the second pot with eggs and water. Yesterday I couldn't get my potatoes done and they had been on for an hour. I kept turning the wrong burner down. Maya and I made her Mom's birthday cake. I thought it was strange that it seemed kind of thick. And it was very cherry tasting to after baking it. On the way back to my sons I called DD and asked her to ask Maya if we put eggs in the cake. She said we put oil and water but no eggs. It was not my day to cook I guess. But the rest of the dinner turned out fine. I guess this is what 3 kids will do when your use to one.

Payton wants me to go lay with him so I'm off for the night. I'll see you in the morning.

wow you have been busy! I'm newer to the house and nice to see someone close by, at least in the same state :lol

tired just reading it!!

so sorry.. prayers for everyone in your family

prayers for mom's surgery and recovery

You are close to Yorkshire yarns? I've see their titty drive :lol:cheer in my emails from them.

I'm jealous if you are close to them..but then my pocketbook is happy I'm not closer :D

Hugs for all you and your family is going through

wow you have been busy! I'm newer to the house and nice to see someone close by, at least in the same state :lol

tired just reading it!!

so sorry.. prayers for everyone in your family

prayers for mom's surgery and recovery

You are close to Yorkshire yarns? I've see their titty drive :lol:cheer in my emails from them.

I'm jealous if you are close to them..but then my pocketbook is happy I'm not closer :D

Hugs for all you and your family is going through

Not Yorkshire yarns, I hang out at Debbie MacComber's A Good Yarn Shop in Port Orchard, Washington. That's where my group is doing their drive...

Thank you for prayers, good thoughts and hugs, very much appreciated...

I did get some stuff done today...at least got a good dinner on the table tonight...morning's gonna come awfully early to take Hub-E to the airport...

Frloplady. where are you in Eastern Washington? I'm actually on Vashon Island, in the Puget Sound. Between Seattle and Tacoma but in the water...

Archived