Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy, that drive sounds wonderful.

It's not as warm today as yesterday, but we had rain overnight.  It's supposed to get to 69* by mid afternoon, but just 54* at the moment.  I know.  Compared to the 30s and low 40s of last week this is so much better.  Yesterday was just so very nice.  I'm so very ready for late spring/ early summer to be here.  I want to be warm again.  Winter is so not my thing.  I definitely got spoiled down South.

Sweet Pea is going to be getting a haircut soon if the weather stays warm.  She's got at least 3 inches of fur by now.  Fine for the winter, but not for warmer weather.

Hope you all have a good Thursday.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, I've never had a dog that needed haircuts...but I'm thinking that I heard the hair acts as insulation in both winter and Summer. I'm sure they weren't talking about a thick pallet of hair for Summer, but a shorter coat...  Is it enough of a haircut so the remnants can be used for spinning??  :lol

We went out for a shorter drive than planned this morning. Took the dogs with us and drove to Raritan Bay - you can see Lower Manhattan across the expanse where our NJ bay meets NY Harbor. It was really nice. Breezy, but sunny. DH has been congested all day and sneezing, so wasn't up to doing much today - looks like despite my precautions he may have caught my bug. Ooooops. :reyes

I'm breathing really well now, and can actually taste food again. Still not 100% but so much better today.

Love going 'down by the bay', judy--sorry that DH caught your bug!!!

Belle had her surgery today--still waiting to hear from DD how she did------

BBL when I have some news.......

Judy, Sweet Pea's fur is a good 3 to 4 inches long over most of her body now.  Way to much to be comfortable for her in the warm months.  I'm not sure how it would spin up and one of my friends said that it's illegal in Iowa to spin dog and cat fur.  Not quite sure but it's probably because someone has abused the privilege to the pet's detriment.

We are shooting for most of my things moving back to the apartment tomorrow.  DD is much better today and doesn't have to work tomorrow.  So it should be doable if we don't procrastinate on it.  It's funny.  I could probably have done just fine a month ago, but I'll probably do much better now.  I've just made that much more progress in the last month.

Wishing everyone a very Blessed Easter weekend.  :flower

Good Morning. :)

Linda ~ Good luck with your move!  At least you know if you forget something, it's not far away. ;)   I'm so glad you're doing much better - just in time to enjoy spring!

Judy ~ Hopefully, Hubby just has allergies.?  Our pollen count is out the roof right now.

Joanne ~ I hope Belle is doing okay. ♥  How are the little ones?

Cindy ~ How fun to see some beautiful flowers after the long winter. :) 

DH has an appt. with the neurologist this morning...almost a month to get in!  His office is near downtown, so not looking forward to that drive.  Gracie is so uncomfortable and it brings tears to my eyes. 

I've started the border on the hexagon afghan. :cheer  It's a really warm, heavy blanket and I want to finish it!

morning peeps. 

Love going 'down by the bay', judy--sorry that DH caught your bug!!!

Belle had her surgery today--still waiting to hear from DD how she did------I didn't see this...what surgery?? I hope she's OK

BBL when I have some news.......

Judy, Sweet Pea's fur is a good 3 to 4 inches long over most of her body now.  Way to much to be comfortable for her in the warm months.  I'm not sure how it would spin up and one of my friends said that it's illegal in Iowa to spin dog and cat fur.  Not quite sure but it's probably because someone has abused the privilege to the pet's detriment.Stupid and cruel people are who always make life hard for normal people....

We are shooting for most of my things moving back to the apartment tomorrow.Awesome!  DD is much better today and doesn't have to work tomorrow.  So it should be doable if we don't procrastinate on it.  It's funny.  I could probably have done just fine a month ago, but I'll probably do much better now.  I've just made that much more progress in the last month.That' great to hear!

Wishing everyone a very Blessed Easter weekend.  :flower

You too, Linda.

Good Morning. :)

Linda ~ Good luck with your move!  At least you know if you forget something, it's not far away. ;)   I'm so glad you're doing much better - just in time to enjoy spring!

Judy ~ Hopefully, Hubby just has allergies.?  That would be at least something we could deal with. Maybe... Esp with the sneezing, that's what I was thinking.Our pollen count is out the roof right now.

Joanne ~ I hope Belle is doing okay. ♥  How are the little ones?

Cindy ~ How fun to see some beautiful flowers after the long winter. :)

DH has an appt. with the neurologist this morning...almost a month to get in!  His office is near downtown, so not looking forward to that drive.  Gracie is so uncomfortable and it brings tears to my eyes. 

I've cried more tears over our dog's pain over the 40 plus years we've had them than over my own....I totally understand

I've started the border on the hexagon afghan. :cheer  It's a really warm, heavy blanket and I want to finish it!Not the weather for blankets here either! I didn't touch my yarn yesterday at all. Got over 60 and humid.

Have to dash to the store.

Good morning.  We're all just getting ourselves awake and catching up with the news online, before moving on to the business of getting me moved back home. 

Oh, Mary, poor Gracie.  :hug   :hug    :hug  :hug   It hurts us so much when our fur babies are hurting.  Hopefully she'll be over the worst of it before long.  Sending gentle hugs and strokes her way.

Have a great day, my friends.  :ghug 

:yay   :yay   :yay   :yay   For all intents and purposes I have now moved back into my apartment!  :yay  :yay   :yay   :yay 

There are still a few things in the kitchen that have to be moved, but they will wait until tomorrow.  And I have to take Sweet Pea over with me tonight.  I've already had about 4 people welcome me back and ask about Sweet Pea.  It really did become home more quickly than I realized.  Still lots of unpacking of stuff to do from both before and now, but that can be done at my own pace.  GS said at one point today, "I'm not ready for you to move back."    :c9   The fact that I'll be seeing him almost everyday after school helps a lot.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Welcome home! Glad you keep improving. So sweet of DGS to let you know he likes having you there.

Mary, Hope DH's doctor visit had good news. Poor Gracie!

Cindy, Exciting you kitchen will be almost done next week. How nice to see spring flowers.

Judy, Glad your feeling better. Hope DH is feeling better. Your blanket sounds pretty.

Hi Jill!

Last night we went to a country music show with some friends. It was a nice evening out and some good music. Tonight we went to China A for dinner with some friends. Hubby picked out a gift certificate for there from are winnings at  vegas night.

I only have 9 more stars to go then I will be done.

We have a potluck here for Easter Dinner. The park furnishes the meat and drinks for the meal.

Are temps have been a little to warm. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain and cool down to 68 and I can't wait. We have been having to run a fan at night time.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend!

Good morning!

Judy- Belle had a growth on her hind leg- DD took her to the vet last Saturday- It was infected from all her licking at it so she was started on keflex and then told she needed to have it removed- concern for cancer. She came through surgery fine and stayed overnight- she is home now- with a cone---DD said it's hard for her to eat and such- but they are managing. I'll probably go down later today to see them- or if not, we are having Easter breakfast at her house tomorrow.

The boys went to see the Easter Bunny yesterday- Robbie wasn't a fan- but he sat on DD's lap, stopped crying and they got a good pic- they were able to crop dd out of the picture.

Linda- So happy you are back in your apartment and how wonderful that you were welcomed home with open arms from neighbors! That's great that you will still be able to see GS every day after school- Happy easter to you too!

Mary- WTG on almost finishing the hex blanket--can't wait to see pics--how did DH's appt go?

Cindy- how are things in your neck of the woods- loved the picture of the flower--spring is coming----although quite windy and chilly this morning- we know it's coming now that it is April! How's the kitchen?

Marlene- Enjoy your last few weeks in TX! I know Maya misses you but before you know it, she'll be with you this summer!

Val- Glad to hear that your improving---slow and steady and soon you will be good as new!

DH just woke up---so I guess it's time to go get breakfast!--I've already been up and did some cleaning while he was sleeping. Now after breakfast I can run the vaccuum!!!

Have a wonderful day!

morning peeps.

Good morning!

Judy- Belle had a growth on her hind leg- DD took her to the vet last Saturday- It was infected from all her licking at it so she was started on keflex and then told she needed to have it removed- concern for cancer. She came through surgery fine and stayed overnight- she is home now- with a cone---DD said it's hard for her to eat and such- but they are managing.Harder to eat with the short snout, too! I used to trim down the cones so the dogs could reach their bowls easier. DD may have to put Belle's food on a paper plate and hold it up for her. No bowl will be as easy, I'm thinking. Fingers crossed there was nothing to the growth.  I'll probably go down later today to see them- or if not, we are having Easter breakfast at her house tomorrow.

The boys went to see the Easter Bunny yesterday- Robbie wasn't a fan- but he sat on DD's lap, stopped crying and they got a good pic- they were able to crop dd out of the picture.Cute!

Linda- So happy you are back in your apartment and how wonderful that you were welcomed home with open arms from neighbors! That's great that you will still be able to see GS every day after school- Happy easter to you too!

Mary- WTG on almost finishing the hex blanket--can't wait to see pics--how did DH's appt go?

Cindy- how are things in your neck of the woods- loved the picture of the flower--spring is coming----although quite windy and chilly this morning- we know it's coming now that it is April! How's the kitchen?

Marlene- Enjoy your last few weeks in TX! I know Maya misses you but before you know it, she'll be with you this summer!

Val- Glad to hear that your improving---slow and steady and soon you will be good as new!

DH just woke up---so I guess it's time to go get breakfast!--I've already been up and did some cleaning while he was sleeping. Now after breakfast I can run the vaccuum!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi, Jill, Linda and Marlene!

Marlene, WTG on attaching the stars!

Have a good day, my friends.

Good morning ladies. Sunny here today, but quite cold. Dh is demolishing the last of the kitchen as I speak. Our new dishwasher comes Thursday and the kitchen should be ready for it to be installed. I sure hope that we can figure out something to do for temporary counters once the cabinets are in. I won't be able to put stuff in the lower cabinets until counters are installed, but at least I can use the uppers.

Work was awful yesterday. I only had one patient, but I don't think that I sat down once. I didn't make it to lunch either. However, the patient made it through the day, and I guess in the end, that's what matters.

Linda, welcome home. Its so sweet that Dgs liked having you around all the time, and that he told you so.

Marlene, you and your DH certainly have a busy social life in Texas! Any idea when you are coming home? Winter can't hold on too much longer here!

Joanne, your Easter bunny story reminded me of when my kids were little. Ds never wanted anything to do with the Easter Bunny, (or with Santa Claus either. Back then it was a lot harder to crop someone out of a picture! Hope Belle heals quickly. Dd will have her hands full with the boys and a "sick" dog.

Judy, I hope your dh recovers quickly. Spring colds really drag you down.

Mary, WTG on the finish. What are your plans this weekend?

Val, how's the hand coming?

Have a great day ladies. I'm off to buy some crockpot liners and some paper plates so that I don't have too many dishes to wash in the bathtub tomorrow. Tonight we are going out.

I have just about got all the out dated stuff cleared out of the frig.  Didn't leave a lot other than condiments and cheese.  Made two trips to the dumpster.  Getting it in one handed was a bit of a trick.  Couldn't lift the lid all the way with the left arm, which made it harder to swing the bags up and in with the right hand.  Finally got it done.  Sweet Pea was so happy being able to be on the bed with me last night.  It was hard to get comfortable with the various parts of me that are tender, but still nice to be in my own bed again.

Best wishes for Belle.  I hope everything is fine and she'll soon be on the mend and going strong.

DD has some Easter shopping to do today, so I'll stay with GS while she gets that done.

Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow.

Happy Easter!! The sun is shining and we will be heading down to DD's in a bit for breakfast. Middle dd is also coming and we will come back here around noon when the boys take their naps. Planning on a nice relaxing day!

Belle is managing ok. I feel so bad for her, but gave her some extra loving. I went down for a surprise visit yesterday. Dd had texted me in the morning that Ryan had gone to the front door and said I think Grammie is here. She asked him why he thought that and he said because it's Saturday and Grammie comes on Saturday. How could I disappoint? Lol. They were napping when I got there so when they woke up I went up to get them. They were surprised!! And happy. :-). I stayed for a couple hours and then came home to finish some things around here

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Happy Easter my friends.

Joanne, you are a wonderful grammie!

Linda, dogs do love maintaining a routine...I'll bet Sweet Pea slept good! I know you're still havinga hard time of it, but eventually you'll get there.

Good Morning and Happy Easter. :)   We're leaving at 10 to drive downtown for a wonderful brunch!  They have a whole floor for the kids - petting zoo, Easter bunny of course, etc.

Joanne ~ I'm not sure how large Belle is, but we've been using the "inflatable protective collar" since we had Maggie, our cocker spaniel.  Our neighbor has a boxer and it worked well.  They can eat, drink and sleep with no problem.   Petsmart and Petco both carry them here.

Time to finish getting ready...Have a wonderful day!

Mary, belle is an English bulldog. I'll have to tell dd about the inflatable protective collar.

Hope you had an awesome brunch

Had a wonderful Easter breakfast at my youngest DD's house with my DH, son in law, grandsons and middle dd. When it was time for their naps, we headed home and then middle dad and I went to Rutgers gardens It's a beautiful day, although a little windy. We walked around and then headed in the bamboo garden. The wind rustling the bamboo was so peaceful. We walked over by the brook that runs alongside the bamboo garden, sat on a bench for a while I crocheted, and she read. It was such an enjoyable time. It's the simple things that make me happy!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, How sweet the boys even know your routine. And we hate disappointing them. I know I don't like telling Maya no I'm not coming home yet. I hope everything turns out okay for Belle.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Today we had potluck at the club house then we played games. I know I do not like having potluck at 4:00. It makes for a long day even though I didn't have to be there until 2:30.

I finished the flag afghan. Now the only thing to do is laundry it. I did get a picture of it so tomorrow I will post it.

Yesterday when I talked to Maya she said I wish you could pop in here tomorrow for the day. So today while we were at the club house I facetimed her and told her I was popping in. 

Have a nice monday everyone!

Good Monday morning, everyone.  I hope you all have had a good weekend.   :rain We're having more rain and they're calling for more later in the week.  It's so welcome after the drought we've been in for 2 or 3 years!

Marlene ~ Congrats on finishing the afghan. :clap   I hope the 'winner' is doing much better now.  Can't wait to see pictures!

Linda ~ Are you all settled in?  I bet it feels good to be back with all your things. :yes

Brunch was incredible and the boys were really good while they waited for the adults to finish. Lol  DD and SIL belong to the Fort Worth Club and it's always wonderful.  It's where we had their wedding reception. 

I have several errands to run this a.m. and then I hope to have some crochet time!  I fiddled with the border the other day and ended up frogging a whole row...not happy with the color sequence. :reyes

I'm not all settled in yet, but making steady headway.  Sweet Pea is definitely back in the routine and loving being able to sleep with me at night.  I haven't quite found a comfortable position for sleeping, but last night was definitely better.  I loafed around the apartment yesterday and read a book.  I'm back over at DD's now, waiting for GS to come home from school.  I'll be here until DD gets home from work, then we'll head our separate ways again.  No PT today but back into the swing of things tomorrow.

'Morning, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ It's gorgeous! :clap   You did a beautiful job on all those stars!

Linda ~ You sound like you're feeling good - and that makes me happy. ;)  How long will PT continue?

Hi Jill! ~ I have to ask about the kitty in your avatar...do you have more?  We have a crazy cat named Zoe and a Cairn terrier named Gracie. :)

Cindy ~ I think it's "cabinet install" day.?  'Hope it all goes well!

Gracie is really doing well, but really wants to take off running. :lol  We'll have her on leash inside and out for several weeks. Yikes!

DH has an EEG today and CT scan tomorrow.  The neurologist wants to check everything to figure out what's going on.  He seems to feel fine, but does doze off quite a bit.

See you all later....have a great day. :manyheart

Archived