Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I like your idea with the grandsons too.

Judy, Your friends son is going to love his afghan. Hope Lucy feels better soon and you get a good nights sleep.

Mary, I delivered the afghan today and had a nice visit with Dot. Found out her husband is in the hospital. He had a heart attack friday night. Tomorrow he is having a heart cath. A couple who run the park in the summer time have stepped in are taking care of her and there dog. They don't have children to call on and the family they have left have there own problems. If we weren't heading home I would certainly help her out.

Joanne, Sounds like a perfect weekend!

We are almost ready to go. If we didn't go visit tonight we would of been so much closer, but that's okay. The car is packed except for the cooler and bags. I talked to Maya and she is expecting us tuesday or wednesday. Going to be raining all of tomorrow so I don't know how far we will get. If we get internet where were staying I'll touch in. Hope everyone has a nice week!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning peeps,

Joanne, it looks like Belle is prone to recurrences....poor baby... maybe by looking for any early growths and dealing with them sooner it won't be as hard on her.

I was out as much as I could this past weekend. The sun felt so good and the pups certainly didn't want to stay inside...they prefer it if one or both of us are out with them...lol!

Monday chores....BBL.....

Good afternoon ladies. It's cold and rainy here, but I can't complain. It was a gorgeous weekend. The grass is getting green and some of my daffodils are starting to show buds. I'm taking a ahort break from chores at the moment. Still need to finish vacuuming and put clean sheets on the bed.

I've started back on weight watchers again. I managed to gain back all the weight I lost last year. Maybe I can get some exercise points by kicking myself for allowing this to happen! :)

Joanne, hopefully Belle is done with this. Sounds like you had a really great weekend!

Marlene, wishing you safe travels.

Cindy, I totally understand how easy it is to gain the weight back. Are you just going to follow the points on your own? I haven't been consistent in trying to get back on track and the main reason (besides not going to meetings to get the poistive reinforcement) is because I don't write anything down - or measure some things that I know I should. It's the same 10 pounds that keeps coming back to stay!

Good luck!

Judy, I bought a couple of apps to help me track on my own. One is a points plus tracker which also has a points plus calculator. The other is a recipe app that gives nutrition information which I can then plug into the calculator. It's a bit time consuming at this point, going from app to app, but the total cost was less than $5. WW online was close to $30 a month when I last belonged. The points calculator seems very accurate. I plugged in a bunch of items that I remembered from my WW days, and it got all of them right.

I've also seen points plus calculators online. My oldest daughter used that method when she did WW.

Hi Ladies,

We have stopped for the night. We ran into a couple of showers today, so not a bad day of driving. We are just inside of Texas so we will have another hotel night.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Good Morning! 

Marlene ~ It takes forever to get out of Texas, doesn't it? Lol  Safe travels the rest of the way...how is Daisy handling the trip?

Joanne ~ Oh, I'm so glad Belle is doing well.  How is your knitted afghan coming along?

Hi to Cindy, Judy, and the rest of our house. ♥

It's my turn for an appt today...dental cleaning. Ugh! ;)

Best laid plans...I changed my mind again on the last round of the border.  I have plenty of every color but the one I need, so I'll go to Joanns on the way to the dentist.  Hope to have it finished this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest. :cheer

Have a great morning, all. :manyheart

hi, peeps,

Hi, Marlene, Linda and everyone.

Cindy, I have a  flip phone right now, but will be going back to a smartphone as soon as I talk to a rep and get some questions answered. Our account is in hubby's name and we made the mistake of signing up for a contract when we got them. Still in the middle of it, too. He doesn't want a smart phone...never used it much when we did have them... I have to make a list of questions first.

Mary, even a teeth cleaning is icky, IMO.  I hope there are no surprises! Maybe you'll find some more pretty yarn in addition to what you need? :devil

Hi, peeps!  We have sunshine too - but the mornings are pretty cold yet...arond the low 40's. I have a friend whose tulips are just starting to emerge - a month later than what we're used to around here.

After spending most of yesterday playing minimalist/decluttering in my kitchen, I'm really happy with what I've gotten done. All the things I use frequently are easy to get to. Some stuff got moved to the old kitchen cabinets in the garage - which will be next on the list to go through.

Today, back to the graph ghan I'm making for me....

Have a good one my friends.

Oh, wow, Mary! That is gorgeous!! The neutrals will have a lot of appeal. I'm sure it won't stay in your etsy shop for long at all! Your work is perfect.

Mary, that afghan is wonderful. I think the colors are really appealing.

We went to Detroit and picked out the slab for our countertop today. I ended up choosing something totally different from what I picked in the store. It cost $500 less too! The people at the stone place thought that the counters might be ready in as soon as three weeks. I hope so!

We also stopped by IKEA since we were in the neighborhood. Mostly I bought stuff that did wanted. That place ought to count for today's exercise. Lots of walking!

I think it's going to be a sit and craft kind of night. Shopping tires me out!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The afghan is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous. I don't think it will take long to sell either.

Judy, I need to sort out my cupboards and do some rearranging.

Cindy, How exciting to get one step closer to a new kitchen.

We got to DDs yesterday afternoon. Everyone was happy to see us. Daisy traveled well. Since she's a small dog she lays on a pillow on hubby's lap and sleeps all the way. She isn't fond of Maya's dog Cocoa at all. I figure in a couple of days they will be playing.

Hubby bought a 2011 Harley Davidson sportster yesterday. He'll get it in a bought a week. He's having some things put on it. We are going to have his yahama turned into a three wheeler for me. I hope I will like riding after we do it.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Morning peeps.

Mary, that afghan is wonderful. I think the colors are really appealing.

We went to Detroit and picked out the slab for our countertop today. I ended up choosing something totally different from what I picked in the store. It cost $500 less too! The people at the stone place thought that the counters might be ready in as soon as three weeks. I hope so!
Saving money on something you like is awesome!
We also stopped by IKEA since we were in the neighborhood. Mostly I bought stuff that did wanted. That place ought to count for today's exercise. Lots of walking!
I haven't been in IKEA in years. And you're right: walking through it does count as exercise,
I think it's going to be a sit and craft kind of night. Shopping tires me out!Me, too!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The afghan is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous. I don't think it will take long to sell either.

Judy, I need to sort out my cupboards and do some rearranging.The hardest part....wen I go through the garage cabinets I will have to get rid of stuff I know I'll never use or that I have duplicates of...

Cindy, How exciting to get one step closer to a new kitchen.

We got to DDs yesterday afternoon. Everyone was happy to see us. Daisy traveled well. Since she's a small dog she lays on a pillow on hubby's lap and sleeps all the way. She isn't fond of Maya's dog Cocoa at all. I figure in a couple of days they will be playing.
Hubby bought a 2011 Harley Davidson sportster yesterday. He'll get it in a bought a week. He's having some things put on it. We are going to have his yahama turned into a three wheeler for me. I hope I will like riding after we do it.Better you than me! Even with a three wheeler I don't think I'd have the nerve to ride.
Hope everyone has a nice day!

Good morning ladies. It's cold and gloomy out this morning. It's been raining a bit off and on too. I'm glad we did our trip to Detroit yesterday. I'm going to have to get a few things done around here today. I've really been slacking off. I was planning to run errands, but I will wait until tomorrow for that. The grocery store sent out a $10 off $75 offer yesterday, good on Friday and Saturday only.

If you haven't ever looked at granite slabs, it's astounding how different two slabs with the same name can be. The one I chose in Lowes was different shades of browns with a bit of black and reddish black in it. The slab of that name at the granite place had a ton of pink in it, and a little brown. I was looking for something that was very neutral, since I'm not planning to go through this again, and I really did not think pink fit the bill. I found one that had browns, grays, a bit of reddish brown, some off whites and just the tiniest bit of sparkle in it. As a small piece at Lowes, it did not appeal to me at all, but in a big slab, it looked just right. I think it will look great with the painted cabinets and the cherry island. Next up, choosing tiles for the backsplash.

Marlene, I'm glad you made it home safely. I'm with Judy, even with three wheels, no riding for me.

Judy, I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff already with this remodel. but you are right, it's hard to get rid of stuff. I have more cabinets than before, but I lost a floor to ceiling pantry in the remodel. (Gave it up to acquire more counter space.). On the whole, I probably have the same amount of storage, and some cabinets, like my corner cabinets, actually have a lot more usable space in them than the old ones.

Good Morning!  Thanks to all of you for the compliments. :manyheart   If DD thinks her new room colors will be around for a while, I may start another one. ;)

Marlene ~ So glad you had a safe trip and that you're able to spend time with Maya.  I think having the three wheeler would be fun...I would have to stay on quiet roads, though. :lol

Cindy ~ Yay for ordering your granite and having some time to shop, too. :)

Judy ~ Have you had time to work on your afghan?

Way past time for a haircut, so will try to do that this a.m.  Storms are in the forecast through Saturday!

Judy - It's stunning! :clap   You're almost 1/3 of the way already...can't wait to see more!

Me, too...lol! ...and thanks. I can't wait for the pawprint to reveal itself.

WOW!

Thanks!

Good Friday morning, everyone. :)

We're in that spring pattern where storms can pop up anytime.  They just missed us last night, but are supposed to be more widespread this afternoon. 

DH and I are going to my favorite nursery this morning...time for my caladiums, begonias and a few more herbs. :garden  I'm too old to plant as many flowers as I used to. :lol

Have a wonderful day, all. :manyheart

Hi, peeps.

Mary, we don't plant much at all. we have some pots that we leave outside...get some hanging baskets for a pole we have, and call it done. It's usually petunias, begonias, and for the shady area, impatiens. And we have snuck in two small areas of silk flowers. I saw a decorating show once where the designer said if most of your plants are real, you can always use artificial in areas that are hard to reach, etc. People will assume they're real, too. :D

Hi all and happy Friday

It started out raining, but now the sun is out. It's supposed to be a nice weekend!!!

Wow, Mary I LOVE the hexaghan......the colors are awesome together!!!!!!

Judy. The Ghan you are working on is amazing!!!

Cindy. How exciting that you found a slab of granite you really like and that cost less!!!! That would make me very happy!!!

Marlene. I'm gal you arrived at DD's safe and sound. And no riding ( other than a bicycle) for me!!! Have fun with the three wheeler !

Linda. How are things at the apartment and woth yiur shoulder?

Val. Thinking of you and hoping you Are continuing to heal

Tomorrow is hair cut and color in the morning. Then will probably see the boys and Sunday early head to Boston it will be a short trip but I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight I think I'll get a head start on Saturday chores.

Have a good night

Hi ladies. It's been a wonderful day weather wise. I went grocery shopping this morning and did a bit of cleaning. I sat outside and read a book all afternoon. Tomorrow is a work day for me.

I've been having problems with intermittent light headed ness. (Ignore that weird spelling, iPad auto correct seems to think that is correct!). It's been exceptionally bad tonight. I think it's because I'm dehydrated. If it doesn't improve, I guess I will have to go to the doctor. I' ve had problems with this in the past and they've never found a problem.

Joanne, I'm not sure I could squeeze all that activity into a weekend, after I worked all week. You must have a lot more energy than I do!

Judy, silk flowers are good, as long as they aren't blooming in the snow! My In laws had a neighbor that had silk flowers in their hanging baskets. They kept them out on the front porch year round.

Archived