Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hope DD isn't down to long this time. Maybe you and DD should move into a bigger place and stay together. You each keep needing each other when it's time for you to move back to your apartment. There's nothing like your own space though.

Val, Be careful with your arm and hand now that you have your cast off.

Mary, Be thinking of you guys and Gracie tomorrow.

Cindy, Hope you don't have to wait to long for the installation of your new cupboards.

Judy, Take it easy and hope your feeling better real soon.

Maya face timed me yesterday. I asked her what does she think about having a baby brother or sister. She said I don't know how I feel about that yet. She said I know we will be fighting. I asked why, are you taking lessons from Payton and Jocelyn. She said no, but sissy and I fight sometimes. Payton and Jocelyn fight a lot. I told her your in charge and you don't have to fight. Besides the baby will be a baby for a long time before you have to worry about fighting with it. I asked her what she would like. She said a sister and mommy wants a girl to. I told her I want a girl to. I'll remind her that when her mom was a toddler she didn't have to do anything as my son did everything for her until she was between four and five. He took care of all the toys they played with. If she wanted something he got it for her. I had to make him let her start doing things. They got along so well that my cousin asked me what was wrong with my kids. I said nothing why. He said every time you come over your kids get along and mine don't. They must of heard him as they had there first argument shortly after that. When they became teenagers it was completely the opposite.

I got all my flowers ready that we made from water bottles. Tomorrow we are going to paint them. We cut most of the bottle off, then slit the sides in half then cut each half into thirds. Left the cap on and drilled a hole into. They will slip onto a string of lights. I haven't decided if I will put mine up or not. I'll be taking them back down real soon.

Hope everyone has a great monday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for the good wishes for Gracie. :manyheart   She is definitely our baby and these things are always scary.  I'll take her about 8 in the morning and they'll keep her overnight for one night.

Marlene ~ I love to read about your conversations with Maya. ;)   I'll bet she will want to be a "second mommy" to her new brother or sister. :c9  Luke still has a few jealous moments, but is very protective of Zach most of the time.

The party was wild and loud, but the kids love the place.  It's full of nearly life-size bouncy rooms, slides and climbing walls.  The staff is wonderful and great at keeping track of the kiddos.  We visited with the inlaws and occupied Zach when DD or SIL needed a break.

See you all tomorrow. :ghug

Morning peeps.

Thanks for the good wishes. I had a better night's sleep last night and didn't need any cold pill or tylenol. Temp went under 100 last night after my 5 PM dose of tylenol. And I seem to have strained an upper abdominal muscle...either from sneezing or vigorously blowing my nose (I'm not girlie when it comes to that). I'm hopong this is turning a corner. My usual time frame is much longer than a few days - we'll see.

Hi everyone. :)   Luke's game yesterday was the best entertainment I've had in a long time.  They're all so cute and so small...and still a little confused on what to do with the ball and bat. :lolThat age is so sweet. Watching them can make you forget any worries.

Valerie ~ Such good news that your cast is off!  Hopefully, the healing will go quickly and you can crochet again. :hug

Marlene ~ Maya will be a wonderful big sister!  I'm so glad your weather is good and that enjoying all the activities.

Judy ~ 7 hats is fantastic!  I know they will be much appreciated. :c9

Thanks

Linda ~ Oh, sending hugs to your DD. :hug  You all have had enough crud for this year!  Allergies are kicking in here - the trees are loaded with pollen, so I'm keeping windows closed!

Cindy ~ You must be excited for tomorrow...I think I would have had to sneak a peek. Lol I would have ripped open a box too, Mary!

Off to Luke's party in about an hour.  Have a great Sunday.

Hi, all.  I'm feeling pretty good, but DD is totally wiped out.  It's much warmer today, too.  In the mid 50s so far and 60 or so tomorrow.  Not doing a lot of crafting, but lots of book reading.

Mary, have a wonderful time at Luke's party.  The game sounds great.  And best wishes for Gracie tomorrow with her surgery.

Cindy, it's not good when there are no ICU beds available.  Hope some more patients can move to regular beds today.

Judy, best wishes with your bug.  Rest a lot and push fluids.

After DH saw that my temp was over 100 again he tried to give me more to drink...when I told him what I had already pushed down he stopped trying :lol  I like to drink a lot, anyway, so I was adding more to the usual yasterday. I did rest. No choice in that. My energy level is low. I'm nursing my second cup of coffee right now, hoping for a kick start.

Thanks so much for the good wishes for Gracie. :manyheart   She is definitely our baby and these things are always scary.  I'll take her about 8 in the morning and they'll keep her overnight for one night.I'm sure you will be a wreck this morning....hugs to you, hon. But I'm glad the vet will keep her overnight. It'll be easier on everyone to let her come out of the anesthesia and be more alert for you.

Marlene ~ I love to read about your conversations with Maya. ;)   I'll bet she will want to be a "second mommy" to her new brother or sister. :c9  Luke still has a few jealous moments, but is very protective of Zach most of the time.

The party was wild and loud, but the kids love the place.  It's full of nearly life-size bouncy rooms, slides and climbing walls.  The staff is wonderful and great at keeping track of the kiddos.  We visited with the inlaws and occupied Zach when DD or SIL needed a break.

See you all tomorrow. :ghug

Marlene, Maya sounds so grown up at times! 

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning, ladies. I'm off for the next three days. There still weren't any ICU beds when I left yesterday, but there were several patients that didn't need to be there. Some of the doctors are just too lazy to write transfer orders. Presumably today people with some power to wield will enforce the ICU admission criteria.

Marlene, sometimes Maya is wise beyond her years! Did you ever post a picture of those flowers? They sound neat.

Judy, I hope you feel better today. I'd suggest listening to your body, don't push if it says "rest".

Mary, I'm glad you enjoyed the party. The boys must have been tired out after all that fun! Hoping all goes well for Gracie.

Linda, I hope your dd is able to get the rest that her body needs to recover.

We have snow on the ground. Most of yesterday afternoon, it was either snowing, freezing rain, or sleet coming down. What a mess. However, it's supposed to hit 50 today, so I imagine it will all melt.

Well, better get going on my chores.

Good morning housemates!

Linda, I was thinking the same thing as Marlene about you sharing a bigger place with your dd & dgs.  I enjoy living with my family but there are times I wish it was just me.  I wouldn't mind a bigger place like a mother-in-law quarters.  Praying healing for you all.

Mary, glad you had fun this weekend.  Thinking of you and Gracie this morning.

Cindy, enjoy your 3 days off.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new kitchen.

Judy, glad you're feeling better.  I hope you fully recover soon.

Marlene, age does not matter when it come to siblings fighting.  Jaleia Marie is 11 & Jacob Matthew is 1.  They love each other.  He thinks he's her age.  He has much personality and a temper.  He fights her when she doesn't let him have his way.  She's very protective of him.

I took the splint off and slept with my hand elevated.  Most of the swelling went down.  I think the tightness of the splint makes it swell.  I'm getting ready to put it back on.  I'm going to wait until complete healing before I crochet.  It was very awkward when I tried.  

Off to find me a snack.  

Have a great day everybody!

Good morning, everyone.  And it still is morning if only by a little bit.  I set the alarm for 9:00 so I could accomplish a lot today.  It went off, I turned it off, and then went back to sleep.  DD is sleeping.  She has started moving junk up from her chest which is good although the coughing is painful.  I fixed a casserole for supper last night hoping that it would appeal to DD.  With GS such a picky eater I presented it as having lots of things in it that he liked, but not really specifying what those things were, and definitely not telling about the things in it that he claims not to like (like cream of mushroom soup and onions.)  It was a winner.  He liked it and told me so several times.  :yay   DD gave me a thumbs up when he wasn't looking.  He likes raw carrots, but not cooked carrots.  There were lots of cooked carrots in it.  :lol   It was funny, but I was so proud of my success with him.

We have talked about living together with me in a mother-in-law suite or one end of a ranch.  Can't swing it at the moment and would have to find just the right house in the current school neighborhood.  That isn't happening at the present and probably won't in the future, but you never know.  Living close by where I don't have to worry about maintenance is a good compromise.  I'm just chalking this long stay during a bad winter as a time for us all to get closer to each other and help each other out.  The move will happen when the time is right and that is in God's hands.

Judy, I saw the pictures of your hats on Facebook and they are lovely.  Glad to hear that things are improving with your cold.  Just be really careful not to do too much too soon or you could have a bad relapse.

Praying the Gracie came through the surgery in flying colors, Mary.  Our fur babies are just as special to us as our children.

Val, sounds like you did the right thing sleeping with the arm elevated.  You might try not putting the splint straps not quite so tight.  That should still give you lots of support while not cutting up the circulation so much.

Cindy, I know what you mean about docs sometimes being to do what they should about moving patients on the weekends.  Hopefully today will see that righted. 

Hi to those I missed.  Hope your days go well.

Yesterday I succumbed and ordered some more fiber for my spinning.  A pound of Ramboulet wool, some red, orange, and gold silk for me and some turquoise and blue silk for DD.  Our choices of colors to blend and spin are quite different, obviously.  :P   She spins silk in the cobweb size.  That's very, very fine.  Then she combines it frequently with equally fine angora and to come up with lace weight yarn which is still very fine.  The results are lovely and oh so soft.  :c9 

Hi everyone.  Thank you so much for all the support and good wishes.  Our vet just called and everything went well.  We will pick her up late tomorrow morning.  She'll need to be confined to a leash and crate for at least 10 days...try and explain that to Gracie! :lol   Thankfully, she's used to sleeping in her crate at night, but we never crate her otherwise.  Maybe the pain pills will keep her calmer. ;)

I've been so nervous all morning...think I'll take a long walk now and check back in later.  Thank you, friends. :manyheart

Morning peeps,

Cindy, enjoy your days off. Will you be peeking at the cabinets now that you will be around??

Val, I'm glad elevating your arm helped with the swelling. You're right not to push the crocheting just yet.

Mary - I'm so glad Gracie did so well. I can empathize with how nervous you were yesterday! At least she's used to the crate at night. Ten days doens't sound so bad...eassy for me to say, I know.

Linda, it does sound like you three need to be close. I hope you can find something that works.

I'm in fuzzy brain mode this morning. All I did yesterday was play in my yarn closet - and it does look so much better. I now have several charity projects with yarn, in separate bags. Much easier to see everything now. ANywho, I had a bad night - all stuffed up so I couldn't breath through my nose and had some sweats, so my temp must have gone up again. I get a cold about once a year - and it's usually a doozy...

Oh, well. As I always say: it could be worse.

'Morning, all.

Judy ~ I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. :hug   Like you, I don't get colds often...but they're always bad when I do.

Valerie ~ It must be so uncomfortable having to deal with the splint, but good news that the swelling went down. :hug   And the worst part is no crocheting for a while longer...I bet that is the hardest part! :(

Linda ~ The new yarn sounds gorgeous!  The casserole sounds good and I'm glad GS liked it. :)   DD is always sneaking veggies into other foods - both boys love fruit, but not veggies.

Gracie is home. :manyheart   I was wrong about the 10 days...that's how long until the stitches come out.  It's SIX WEEKS before she can be off leash, run or jump. :eek   That means being in her crate when we can't watch her even for a few minutes.  Oh dear; wish me luck. Lol

I'm going to ignore housework and crochet this afternoon.  :crocheting

Read all the posts!!

Judy hope you are feeling betters,,

Mary glad that Gracie did well.

Marlene. Congrats to dd!!!!

Linda. Hope your dd is feeling better and the fiber sounds lush!!

Cindy. Sophie is gorgeous!! Were all the cabinets there?

Val. Glad to hear the cast is off and that it's only in a splint now. Keeping it elevated helps

My days have been busy and this auto correct on the iPad is driving me nuts. I need to sit at the laptop when

I post I think. I run out of energy constantly having to fix what I've typed

So on that note, know that I am Thinking of you all and now I'm going to knit. Lol

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Good luck with Gracie! That's a long  time to keep her crated. Glad to hear her surgery went well. Sounds like a nice birthday party.

Cindy, I think because Maya has been around more adults than children she is sometimes wiser than her age. Enjoy your three days off. I haven't posted any picks of the flowers yet.

Linda, The new yarn to be order sounds super soft. Hope DD is feeling better. Glad DGS like your casserole. I fooled DS on onions in my meatloaf once. He asked whats those white things. I told him pieces of mashed potatoes. He ate it and never said he knew any different. He was an adult.

Val, It's good to hear your having some improvements with your arm. I hope it continues for you.

Judy, I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight than last night.

Joanne, Don't forget to breathe in your busy busy days.

Tonight are relay for life team had a pulled pork sandwich meal and a vegas night. We went and had a fun time. Hubby played cards and I played the horses and keno. We came home with a 25.00 gift certificate to China-A. Hubby has been wanting to go there so I picked it. Are whole evening only cost us 5.00. Everyone went home with a gift.

I went to the second hand store today and picked up Maya a pair of denim jeans from Old Navy for 2.50. I texted her mom about some others shorts but in a different brand if they would fit her and she said they should so I hope I remember to go back and see if they still have them.

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Good morning ladies. The sun is shining here, hopefully it will warm up some. Dh just came in and said its supposed to be in the mid 60s, and he wants to grill for dinner.

Yesterday I did laundry, ran errands, cooked a big dinner, baked bread and spent an hour or so working on outside cleanup with dh. The cabinet guy came, all the cabinets are here and he will be here bright and early on Tuesday to begin the install. That means DH will have to rip out what's left of the kitchen on the weekend. Not sure what I will do for Easter dinner but I guess I can go buy some crockpot liners and use my crockpots. Might be doing dishes in the bathtub! The new dishwasher should come soon, but it can't be installed until the cabinets are in.

Belated happy birthday, Tabby. Hope you had a great day!

I haven't been working as much on Sophie this week, just a row or so a day. However, I had to do a bit if frogging, so not much progress. Plus, sometimes you just have to do what's neccesary, rather than what you want to do. I'm hoping there is time to work on it today, though.

Have a great day, ladies.

morning peeps.

Joanne, take care of yourself...get out in the sunshine if you can!

'Morning, all.

Judy ~ I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. :hug Thanks...I hate feel like a dishrag...  Like you, I don't get colds often...but they're always bad when I do.

Valerie ~ It must be so uncomfortable having to deal with the splint, but good news that the swelling went down. :hug   And the worst part is no crocheting for a while longer...I bet that is the hardest part! :(

Linda ~ The new yarn sounds gorgeous!  The casserole sounds good and I'm glad GS liked it. :)   DD is always sneaking veggies into other foods - both boys love fruit, but not veggies.

Gracie is home. :manyheart   I was wrong about the 10 days...that's how long until the stitches come out.  It's SIX WEEKS before she can be off leash, run or jump. :eek   That means being in her crate when we can't watch her even for a few minutes.  Oh dear; wish me luck. Lol I thought the recovery time was 6 weeks...but didn't want to add to your worries, esp if I hadn't heard it correctly! At least she's a small dog. I can't imagine trying to keep my beasts still.

I'm going to ignore housework and crochet this afternoon.  :crocheting

Thanks for the good wishes...I slept a bit better last night, despite my sinuses being stuffed, but this morning, sitting at the table and finishing a tepid cup of coffee with a small amount of breakfast (still can't taste much) I started sweating...a river. From my head and neck but it disappeared relatively quickly. Since my temp never even came close to 100 yesterday, I have to assume it's a virus. If it goes on like this for much longer, though, maybe a doctor visit could be in order. Don't know if a person can have a sinus infection without a high temp...

I did crochet yesterday, using one of the several bags of stash that I set aside for charity projects, and it was mindless - another gentle ripple, this time in rose and white.

Thanks for listening.....

Good morning, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Yes, I've had a sinus infections without a fever...maybe you'll need antibiotics?  Feel better soon. :hug   Good for you for sorting your yarn.  Hmm, I think I started that a couple of weeks ago - another unfinished project. ;)

Hi Joanne!

Marlene ~ The RFL event sounds really fun!  Our city is having one this weekend.  Great find for Maya!  Before long, you'll be looking for baby clothes, too. :c9

Cindy ~ Easter sounds like the time for Chinet paper plates. :D   DD and SIL have asked us to go to Easter brunch with them.  You must be so excited for next Tuesday!

We had thunder starting about 5 this a.m. :(   Normally Gracie crawls under our covers, but this time I just held her and turned the tv volume up.  Poor baby.

Back to laundry and the desk.  Have a good day, all. ♥♥♥

Hi, all.  I goofed yesterday.  The checker at the grocery store put all the groceries in just three bags.  I tried to carry one with my left arm and it was too heavy for it.  It was stiff and sore today at PT, but did get another motion to normal so still a good day.  I did have one exercise that I just couldn't do, but only one.

DD went to work today and looks like she's going to make it all day.  Wonder how she's going to feel when she gets home though.  Hope she's not too wiped out.

GS beat me home from PT and was super frustrated, because he couldn't make the door open.  Again.  He was kicking the door when I got home.  He has calmed down by now, but he's still not real happy.

DD defluffed one of the bunnies last night.  It looked like there were 2 bunnies on the floor when she got done, and she still had one large bunny in her lap.  :lol   I think that just leaved two to defluff for this go around.

Donna and Tabby, a Happy Belated Birthday to both of you.  Hope you had a great day.  :hug 

Cindy, I'm jealous.  No sign of any flowers here yet although some of the trees have buds on them.  It got up to 70* today.  It was wonderful!  I even sat out on the back deck in the sunshine for a little while.  Can't do it for long or I end up burnt to a crisp.

morning peeps,

Mary, Sparkie is petrified of thunder too - but is too big to hold in my arms...lol! Gracie is going to be so attached to you after she recovers from her surgery....

Linda, I burn easily too. Not fun!

I'm breathing better this morning! Yay! Still have some sinus stuff going on, but this is another step in the right direction. Starting to taste food a little, too. If it still isn't 100% soon, I might need something. I'm definitely hydrating a lot. DH wants to take me on a drive to Sandy Hook today. It's so pretty there, and with the windows open I'll get the sea air.

Archived