Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning peeps.

Linda, as Mary said, you really sound happy to be back on your own. And GS still has you around when he needs you...nothing better!

Marlene, that flag ghan is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! 

Mary, it is hard keeping a dog still. I can't imagine! Hopefully DH's tests will be fine. I;m assuming they did blood work. I'm thinking of B vitamin defficiency, stuff like that.

Have a goo one, my friends

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies cold and gloomy here....but cabinets are going up! That will take two days,

Mary, sending good thoughts for your Dh's tests. Hope you get some answers. Good luck with keeping Gracie quiet.

Marlene, the flag-ghan is wonderful! Cute story about "popping" in on Maya.

Judy, is your dh feeling better?

Linda, it sounds like you are happy to be back home. Sounds like Sweetpea is really happy!

I'm just about finished week four of the Sophie afgan. It's easy, but some rounds really require a lot of concentration.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi, everyone.  I finally found a comfortable position to sleep in last night and slept the clock around.  I feel ever so much better today.  I've already walked 4/10ths of a mile today and feel great.  I even cooked lunch for myself and it was yummy.  Sour cream and chive potatoes with veggies and ham. 

Marlene, that afghan is absolutely, positively gorgeous.  Great work.  :clap  :clap  :clap 

Good morning ladies cold and gloomy here....but cabinets are going up! That will take two days,Awesome!

Mary, sending good thoughts for your Dh's tests. Hope you get some answers. Good luck with keeping Gracie quiet.

Marlene, the flag-ghan is wonderful! Cute story about "popping" in on Maya.

Judy, is your dh feeling better?Yup...he was back to normal Monday! I was good by Monday, too....but then I started feeling sick several days before he did, Thats the norm here: he is blessed with a strong, good immune system. Me - from when I turned 40 I have had several auto immune things hit me. Luckily they never became chronic, but while they lingered...no fun.

Linda, it sounds like you are happy to be back home. Sounds like Sweetpea is really happy!

I'm just about finished week four of the Sophie afgan. It's easy, but some rounds really require a lot of concentration.Good thing I didn't start one. Concentration hasn't been a strong suit for me lately.

Hi, everyone.  I finally found a comfortable position to sleep in last night and slept the clock around. Oh, that's great! I know how hard it can be to settle down comfortably. I feel ever so much better today.  I've already walked 4/10ths of a mile today and feel great.  I even cooked lunch for myself and it was yummy.  Sour cream and chive potatoes with veggies and ham. Sounds like a great meal!

Marlene, that afghan is absolutely, positively gorgeous.  Great work.  :clap  :clap  :clap 

Well, I couldn't resisit starting a simple (for me) graph ghan yesterday. I have stash to make it with. I got the pattern from a closed FB graph ghan group I joined. The words are I  :heart  my German shepherds ( I asked the designer to add an extra "s" for me...lol!) I'll share when done. Just got started, but it should move along quickly. Almost at 10 rows of 150.

Have a good night my friends

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Great that you were able to find the right spot to sleep in. It sounds like are going well for you. :clap

Mary, Hope all the tests are good news and you get some answers about DH.

Judy, Glad you and hubby are feeling better. Can't wait to see your graph ghan.

Cindy, Exciting to hear your cupboards will be done soon.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments on the afghan. Today the kitchen ladies went to lunch and went shopping. I picked up some soap from bath and body works (some for us and some for dd). I found a texas cookie cutter and picked me up a summer blouse. Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Mary, the kitty in my avatar is Charlie, a 23 pound orange and white lazy lovable cat. I got him from a co-worker about 7 or 8 years ago. He has decided he prefers my husband to me, but that's okay. Also have a black and white Tuxedo cat about 10 pounds we got from my husband's friend. He was raised outside his first year so is very independent. His name is Sammy. He's about 5 years old and is also becoming pretty lazy. But, we love our cats. You know, "cats don't have owners, they have staff".

morning, peeps!

Jill, I've heard that about cats, too. I've always loved cats and we had one the first years we were married. It's been dogs ever since, and 7/8 have been German shepherds. Right now, our youngest GSD, a 4 yo female named Lucy, must be part cat - she rules over everyone, including our 9 yo (intact) male GSD, Sparkie.

Mary, thinking of you guys...

Marlene, you are always busy! 

Enjoy the day, my friends.

Morning ladies. Dreary and drizzling here. Cold too. Evidently spring is in no hurry to arrive.

I've always liked cats too, and we always had both dogs and cats growing up. However. Dh really dislikes cats, so since we've been married, it's been dogs.

Cabinet installation continues in the kitchen. The new light, bright look is going to take some getting used to. It looks kind of blah to me at the moment, but counters and backsplash will jazz things up, I hope. The cabinets are really nice, very well put together, even better than the ones I had for 35 years. Those old cabinets are still in fairly decent shape.

Not sure what I will do today. Yesterday after I did laundry, I went shopping. I bought 2 pairs of shoes, a top and a jacket that I didn't need but which was marked down to $4, and fit perfectly. I also went grocery shopping. Lots of good deals at the grocery store for once. I never thought I'd say this, but with the installer here, cutting, drilling and pounding, there isn't much point in cleaning, and I'm bored. I must spend more time cleaning than I thought! Maybe I will go visit the inlaws after lunch. Fil is not doing very well. (Although he might have perked up again today, he has bad days and good days, the bad days are becoming more frequent.)

Cindy, I would probably get lost in the library if I had so much mess going on in my house. Ugh!

What a great bargain on that coat. When it comes to clothes shopping I have very little patience.

I hope your FIL is doing better. It's so hard to see them like this, especially since you knew them back when...

The wind is crazy today - everything is shaking and I had to hold on to the side door (storm door) when I let the dogs out - It could have easily snapped back against the house.

Take care, my friends.

Row 16/150 on the graph....

Hi, all.  Back at DD's to be with GS.  Once I'm caught up I'll be reading more to him.  Moved frozen food from DD's to my place night.  Just have a few miscellaneous things left for today and that should be it.  Yeah!  Stood on the scales this morning.  It said 1.5 pounds more than the last time at the doctor's office and 3.5 pounds less than the last time I weighed at home.  Not bad for having been laid up for 4 months with my shoulder.

I like the sound of your new graph-ghan, Judy.

Sounds like you got some really good buys, Marlene.  It's called for rain the last two days, but what we've gotten hasn't amounted to  much so far.  Possibility of some yet tomorrow and then to clear off.  Temps are running in the upper 50s and lower 60s.  Good walking weather.

Have a great evening.

Cabinets are installed and I have my dishes back in the kitchen. Lots more to do though. Dh needs to install more shelves before I put more things in cabinets. I will have to wait for counters before putting stuff in the bottom cabinets. Plus, the refrigerator is no longer in the living room!

Fil is doing a bit better. He was up and was planning to go to the dining room for dinner. First time he has wanted to do that in a week. It's his birthday, Friday, so we will probably go back again then.

Linda, it's been gloomy and cold and drizzly here, with temps in the 30s. Hope your 50s and 60s come our way soon. Sounds like you are really getting settled back into your own place.

Hi all,

Marlene. The flag Ghan is spectacular!!! you did an amazing job on it!!!!

It must feel wonderful to have your kitchen starting to come together, Cindy! Great deals you got!!! That's what I love about shopping. Scoring big discounts

Linda. It really sounds like you are truly settling back in at home and glad to hear things are going well.

Judy. I'll bet the graph Ghan will be stunning

Mary. Thinking of you and DH

Val. How are you doing?

Gotta run and start getting ready for work

Have a great day!!!

Hi, Joanne, Linda, Cindy, Mary, Jill, Marlene...all my peeps!

Cindy, that's so good to hear about FIL.

It's still COLD here! After today, though, it will warm up again. Spring is fighting to get here for good.

I came over to DD's house early today as there is a thunderstorm warning and tornado watch out to the next hour or so and I don't want to be outside in it.  With luck it will just be rain and nothing bad.  Spring storms can be violent though, to I thought I'd get here early and hopefully avoid all the potential nonsense.

Today was  my last day of physical therapy.  I've reached the medicare cap.  The therapist recommends more sessions, but can't afford to do it out of pocket.  At least, I'm well on my way to getting back to all better.  My hip joint still doesn't like to stay in place, but it's been out for a long time leading up to this so I guess it's not all that surprising.

Cindy, hooray for the cabinets being in and the frig being out of the living room.  :clap  :yay  :clap

Mary, when do you learn the results of all the tests hubby has been having?  Hope it turns out okay. :hug

Hi, to those I've missed.  Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning!  I'm playing catch up again. ;)   Things should settle down (knock on wood) after today.  We've been on the go each day.  No news yet on the neurology tests, but the chest x-ray DH had last week showed a cracked vertabra!  So today he's having an MRI for that.  This afternoon Miss Gracie gets her stitches out. :)

Linda ~ I hope the storms missed you.

Jill ~ I loved reading about your cats! 

Hi to everyone!  Time to get ready...again.  I've been taking a scarf to work on, but really want to finish the hexie 'ghan. :yes

Morning peeps.

Mary - a cracked vertebra! Oh, wow....  And Gracie gets her stitches out - that's good news. You are a busy lady. TG for protable crochet projects.

Not sure if I've mentioned it, but Miss Lucy has a habit of throwing up some mornings. Only in the morning, and not every day. But this morning's wake up call was 4 AM :yawn ...and in the bedroom.  After all the cleaning up I couldn't relax for a long time. 

Dozed off finally...and then our portable phone beeped and beeped. There was a power outage. Best part: it only lasted 2 hours. I have the electric company's number in my phone book because it happens so often. I have no idea why it happened - just happy I could make a cup of coffee and didn't have to send hubby out to find a place with power so I wouldn't have to drink a pepsi with my breakfast. :lol

And on that note I'll just say, Hi to everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, A cracked vertebra! I hope it isn't long before it can be fixed.

Joanne, Thanks for the nice compliment on the flag.

Judy, I wonder what is upsetting Lucy? Glad your power wasn't out to long. Coffee is a necessity.

Cindy, Congrats on getting the cupboards installed and part of your kitchen back together. Good news your fil is doing better. Happy Birthday to him.

Jill, My kids had cats growing up but I prefer a dog. I have an allergy to cats. Hubby's daughter has 5 cats in the house and it is to much for my allergies.

Today Suna took us to lunch for are birthdays. It was okay, not my favorite place to go to. It was a buffet place and someone bragged the fish up. I like fish but not this type. Then we went shopping. What favorite thing do a bunch of ladies like to do but go shopping. I didn't buy anything.

I found out the lady who won the flag is home from the nursing home. So tomorrow I will get the flag to her.

Tonight we had ladies night. We haven't had that in about a month.

Tomorrow I will start packing things up to head home next week. Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Are's is suppose to be rainy.

m orning peeps.

Marlene, the Vet said it just might be too much acid on an empty stomach (she licks a lot, esp in the early morning, so I'm sure that's it) she threw up again this morning - but this time it was 6:30 AM when she ran down the stairs withour me or Sparkie - so I ran after her and opened the door. Two days in a row is unusual. Hubby doesn't see the need to give her pepcid every night when she doesn't do this every day....but then he's not the one on hands and knees cleaning up after her! We'll see how it goes.

I was dozing off and on last night , putting on the radio. The Yankees played a 19 inning game what was over after 2 AM....I know, I'm crazy....and on top of it, they lost, after tying it twice....

It's a nice mild day here. Have a good one my friends

Good morning ladies. Nice and sunny outside this morning. We are going out with friends for dinner tonight, but if we weren't, I'd consider going to Lake Michigan to walk.

The kitchen is back in usable shape. We improvised counters from our old counters and the shelves from the demolished pantry. The old sink has been installed and the new dishwasher works. Guess this is my cue to start making meals again! We've been eating leftovers and freezer meals on paper plates, or we've been eating out.

Mary, I hope that DH's cracked vertebra heals soon. That's got to hurt. How's Gracie doing with her new quiet lifestyle?

Judy, I know that in humans, meds like Pepcid are most effective when taken daily. They aren't meant to treat the symptoms, they are meant to prevent them. I don't know about dogs, but I think daily use would be worth a try for Lucy.

Marlene, hope our weather stays springlike for your return home. Actually, I'm starting to wonder if we are even going to have spring!

Linda, are there any of the physical therapy exercises you can continue to do at home? I did that when I hurt my back. My insurance didn't run out, but I was tired of driving all the way over there every other day.

Joanne, what are you doing this weekend. Are you seeing R and R?

Today is our second grandsons birthday. He is really into sports and he got a basketball hoop. Did texted me a picture of him shooting baskets in bare feet. There is frost on the ground here! our gift to the boys this year is a day with Grandma and Grandpa. We take them to breakfast, and then bring them to our house to play, do some woodworking with Grandpa, crafting with Grandma, and then we take them out for pizza and take them back home. We had the oldest grandson make a bench to give to his mom for her birthday. We are going to have this one make a wooden flower pot to give her for Mother's Day. After that we are out of ideas, but we have until September to think of something else. One of them has a June birthday, but he will only be 6, so he will be happy to just play with my iPad, and do some cutting and pasting.

Well, I guess I'd better get busy. I have laundry and I want to move some more stuff into the kitchen.

Cindy, I agree with you about the pepcid. I think it's worth trying for at least a week to see if this stops!

I love what you do with your grandsons.... :manyheart

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Your lunch and shopping trip sounds fun!  Packing up to leave the coast...not fun. ;)  I'm glad the lady who won the afghan is doing okay - she will be thrilled to have such a beautiful afghan!

Judy ~ Aww, poor Lucy and poor you. :hug  It sure sounds like acid reflux.  Maggie had that every so often and I remember giving her either pepcid or something similar.  It's so hard when you don't get a good night's sleep...I can rarely go back to sleep.  How is the graph 'ghan coming along?

Cindy ~ Yay for being able to use your kitchen again!  When will your counters and new sink be installed?  I love your idea for the grandsons' birthdays. :yes

Linda ~ I hope all is well and you and Sweet Pea are settled back into your routine. :)  Are you spinning a lot?

Today is the first day we've been home all day for a week. I ignored the house, laundry, etc. and worked in the yard!  My herbs are  in beds around the patio and they are much happier now...just need to replace some parsley and sage.  Gracie was in her crate on the patio.  I kept talking to her and explaining why she can't run loose for quite a while. :lol   She is not a happy camper.

Two rows to go on the hexagon border! 

morning peeps.

A cold morning again, but the sun feels good.

Mary, that's nice being able to put Gracie outside with you - small dogs can be so much easier. Not sure if I mentioned, but I had a pot of mint and three of geraniums that I wintered in the garage. Ine geranium doesn't look so hot, but there are buds in the other two and the mint is very happy being outside. And I'm always talking to my dogs...when we ask Sparkie to find his toy Lucy always runs and stands over it so he can see. it. Or I tell her to tug with Sparkie outside - she drops her toy and grabs one end of his rubber Kong bone and pulls him across the yard. Too smart - it's scary, actually.

The graph is coming along fast. Am on the lettering part now, row 40 or so. I also have another graph lined up - my friends DS who is 13 is a rabid Yankee fan, as I am, so I'm going to make hima Yankee logo blanket for his 14th B/day in August. Can't share the link for it here, though, but I can share the FO, I think.

Off I go - Later, gators.

Good morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Great progress on your graph 'ghan!  When I was in grade school in Iowa, our neighbors had a German Shepherd that we all loved.  She slept on their front porch and walked to the corner with us as we walked to school.  She was there to meet us in the afternoons. :)  Things were so different then!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

I woke up at 3:30 and it sure is going to be a long day!  Luke has a baseball game at 4 but we're supposed to have heavy rains before then, so we'll have to wait and see.

Mary, yes, things were so different when we were growing up. In many ways I miss that era...  Your early day has been my pattern lately too. I guess it's a result of being older..

Hi all,

We had a fun day today. We went out to breakfast with dd, sil and the boys. After breakfast , dd, DH, and the boys and I went down to the waterfront while sil went back home to work outside trimming overgrown bushes and such. The the boys played in the playground and they had a ball. Went back to our house, and Robbie fell asleep in the car so we brought him in and he slept for another hour. Ryan played some more when Robbie woke up we had lunch and then I drove dd and the boys back home. We all decoded to go to the park by their house it was really a beautiful day outside and so glad it was a day off work so I got to spend a lot of it outside.

Belle goes back to the vet Friday. They got the path report back and it's the same cancer she had about two years ago which was removed. Hopefully it doesn't keep recurring. They'll know more Friday, I guess . She is doing well though and the leg where they removed the grow from so doing really good.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend

Archived