Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just dropped in to request prayer for my family. My dad's brother was found dead today. He was hard when they found him around noon. It appears he slept himself away. Thanks in advance!

Oh, no!

How horrible....that was what happened with my mom...but it wasn't me who found her, thank goodness. So sad....loving thoughts and prayers....:hug:manyheart

Well, good morning, friends.:hug

The beanie-making lesson went very well. My friend was rusty - she hasn't crocheted in at least a couple of years - but by the time we got to the shell part she was up to a good speed. She wants to practice so if she needs a baby gift she'll be ready. I think i should also teach her another, less girly pattern:lol

And the 4 of us had a wonderful time at lunch. There were 25 selections, and you order using the number assigned (no substitutions). I had chicken salad, fries (yummo) and a reall deli style pickle:D

I finished the hat part of the test pattern - just need to get some thread for a girlie embellishment. Any excuse to go pet the yarn again:devil

Sherry

I was thinking wash the ghan, too - but only after you wear gloves and check it out for obvious glass remnants

Good Morning House. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip. :) I'm not surprised that Maya has boys chasing her already - she's such a cutie. I liked Jimmy Peterson from the first grade until we moved to Texas when I was 13. :lol

Valerie ~ Oh, that is so sad about your dad's brother. :hug

Joanne ~ DD is doing well except for being totally uncomfortable. ;) Have fun with your new crochet student!

Judy ~ Lunch sounds really good - I love chicken salad! It's so neat that you are helping your friend get back into crocheting. :manyheart

I'm going to try my best to finish the preemie ripple for the Charity CAL today. Gracie goes to the groomers at 11 and I hope that's all that happens today. :lol Then, I will get back to my fall 'ghan. :)

Good morning ladies :hi

I did a little hooking last night, not much but some is better than none :) Still no voice today :( Not much going on today, hoping to get to the gym later for a class but for some reason I can never seem to get there on a Wednesday :shrug

Cindy - I hope you're feeling better :hug I think I'm fighting something off here too....it just didn't catch up to my voice yet.

Sherry - I agree, pick out the big pieces...send it through the washer and then go slowly through it a bit more thoroughly. Did you get the police report filed last night?

Marlene - That's great that Maya's daycare offers an overnight option :yes I hope the crocheting goes well with your sister :hug

Joanne - I love going to the hibachi and a group of people makes it so much more fun. I hope your crochet lesson with your coworker.

Judy - Glad you had a great lunch and your friend caught back on to the hooking :yes

Val - Sending prayers for your entire family, so sorry to hear about your uncle :hug :hug :hug

Good Morning House. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip. :) I'm not surprised that Maya has boys chasing her already - she's such a cutie. I liked Jimmy Peterson from the first grade until we moved to Texas when I was 13. :lol

Valerie ~ Oh, that is so sad about your dad's brother. :hug

Joanne ~ DD is doing well except for being totally uncomfortable. ;) Have fun with your new crochet student!

Judy ~ Lunch sounds really good - I love chicken salad! It's so neat that you are helping your friend get back into crocheting. :manyheart

I'm going to try my best to finish the preemie ripple for the Charity CAL today. Gracie goes to the groomers at 11 and I hope that's all that happens today. :lol Then, I will get back to my fall 'ghan. :)

Good luck finishing up your preemie ghan for the charity cal :xfin i hope Gracie's visit goes well :hug

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Morning House!!!! •¨¯`•

How is everyone this fine Wednesday? I'm doin' good! I have a load of laundry going... a fresh cup of coffee..got a few more rows put on my scrap sweetheart ripple and now have a little time to visit here.

Yesterday was a busy run around day... got some errands done...watched the Jr High football game after school... went to bible study... then home to pick up a bit...then sit and relax with my :hook and :mug

I did get some beanies done .....

I'm hoping to get some orders for them :D

Husker Football Beanies

post-18634-135897779556_thumb.jpg

Val.......... :hugs .... sorry about your uncle!

:heart

:mug

Good luck finishing up your preemie ghan for the charity cal :xfin i hope Gracie's visit goes well :hug

Thank you, Marisa! I just finished...yay! I sure hope you're not getting sick. :manyheart

Hi Tammy! I have no clue how you keep up with the boys and get so much done. ;) The beanies are wonderful! :cheer

Here is the preemie 'ghan all finished and ready to wash. I used yarn leftover from Fish 'ghan #2. :)

Oh, that's soooooo pretty!

I've been looking through baby sweater patterns so I can make one for my nurse neighbor (baby who owns the hats)

I have one or 2 possibilites...

any suggestions?

Thank you Marisa and Judy! :manyheart

Judy ~ I'm no help - I've never made a baby sweater. :blush Are you making more hats? :c9

I started another hat when showing my friend how to make them!:lol I also made a hat last night that matches the cocoon pattern I'm testing for someone. It needs a small touch and then I'll post a pic of that.

I will be looking for patterns for hats that baby boys can wear, too.

Projects I still have to finish:

The animal graph squares (I worked on it today)

The Piano graph ghan for my GD (easy pattern)

A baby sweater (found an easy pattern) using some of the Caron SS left from the baby's hat from up the street

Also, once I get a swatch of the same baby's christening gown, I'll be picking up some white to make a hat to match the gown (as best I can)

Otherwise I haven't any projects lined up:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Valerie so sorry for your loss prayers said for you.

Tam cute beanies, you do such great work.

Judy i used to make baby sweaters but its been years. Sorry i no longer have the patterns

Cant find our receipts. They are probably in the storage and I have no way to find them. I hope they will still payout without all the receipts. Will have to call tomorrow and see.

Hope everyone had a good night.

Judy i used to make baby sweaters but its been years. Sorry i no longer have the patterns

Cant find our receipts. They are probably in the storage and I have no way to find them. I hope they will still payout without all the receipts. Will have to call tomorrow and see.

Good morning housemates!

Thanks for your prayers.

Today is the beginning of a very busy and tiresome weekend. We start moving today! We have until Sunday to be done.

This weather and my sister's smoking is killing me. I am stopped up and feel a sore throat coming on. Oh well!

Have a good day my sisters. I'll check back in when I can!

Good morning. Cold and windy here at the moment. Nothing much going on here today, just laundry, housework and maybe grocery shopping if I feel like going out. I feel quite a bit better, but I was exhausted when I came home from work last night. I did not even have a super busy day at work, although the unit as a whole was very busy. I did go to a 2 1/2 hour meeting after work though. I was in bed by 9 and woke up at 8:15 this morning, so I guess I needed sleep!

Val, just think of the end result of all your hard work!

Tam, love those red and white beanies.

Mary, your premie ghan is lovely, such a pretty color combination.

morning, peeps!

Cindy, you sure did need the sleep! Hopefully you'll be ok now:hug

Val, will you still be living with your sister? If so, you really need to have a heart to heart about the smoking.

Be thinking of you and hoping and praying the move goes smoothly.

Hi to Marisa, Mary, Marlne, Sherry, Tam and everyone!

Off to Michaels this morning:D:D:D:D:D

BBL

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, yesterday I ran to Sam's to pick something up for Steph to take to work today....I think they're short staffed so they all decided to have a little potluck. Unfortunately it was short notice and we didn't have time to actually make something :(

I rested my eyes a few minutes and got to the gym for 2 classes I like. The one Mon night and Tues morn they do back to back Wed night....so I did them both! :clap This morning went swimming too :whew Now treating myself to a chocolate banana mocha from Sheetz :drool Oh well, that's why I work out :think

I have 2 patients scheduled for today, the first is early and the second is later. I brought a change purse pattern with me that I'm testing, so I'll work on that in down time since I think I have a lot of my paperwork actually taken care of for this week :xfin

Judy - I've made a few baby sweaters...I have them on my ravelry page with links to their patterns :think I think 2 or 3 of them were red heart patterns. Nice list of projects you have going there, and I have a feeling after Michael's you'll want to start something else too :devil

Cindy - Glad you got a good nights sleep...you needed it I'd say :yes Take you time with your chores today so you don't wear yourself out. Maybe you'll keep needing breaks to crochet and/or knit in between :devil

Sherry - Good luck with the insurance company. I'm guessing that if they do pay without receipts, you probably won't get near what you paid out :( I'd recommend seeing if you can find those receipts in storage if possible. How old are your purchases, maybe you can even locate the bank or credit card statements from them :think Just an idea :hug

Val - I sure hope you're not getting sick. That's great that you have a few days to make your move and you can space it out a bit :yes

Be back in a bit.

Everyone must be busy today. My patient came, then I chatted with my mom a bit and just ate breakfast. Now I'll go do the paperwork for my patient and then I'll hook a bit :devil I just realized that I signed up for the beginning/intro tunisian class and it starts tomorrow :clap:yay It's a free one week class if anyone's interested that didn't see it. I never did any classes here and was excited to see a free one to test it out with. I guess I was always afraid of how they went :think

Happy Thursday, House. :)

Thank you for the compliments on my preemie blanket. :manyheart I love the pattern (Attic 24) and may have enough yarn to make another one!

Judy ~ Wow! Your list is growing. :wink I see Cindy's "project rotation" idea in your future. :lol

Sherry ~ Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out with your insurance. :hug

Valerie ~ Good luck with the move! I know you'll be glad when you're all settled in your new home. :)

Cindy ~ I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Enjoy your days off!

Marisa ~ Way to go on making it to your classes and swimming, too! :clap Are you still working on the mystery 'ghan? Have fun with the tunisian class!

Laundry and desk stuff this a.m. and then crochet time. :)

Everyone must be busy today. My patient came, then I chatted with my mom a bit and just ate breakfast. Now I'll go do the paperwork for my patient and then I'll hook a bit :devil I just realized that I signed up for the beginning/intro tunisian class and it starts tomorrow :clap:yay It's a free one week class if anyone's interested that didn't see it. I never did any classes here and was excited to see a free one to test it out with. I guess I was always afraid of how they went :think

I petted a lot of yarn...and was able to use both the 20% coupon from my smartphone on all items and 40% on reg price item:D

Then went to the pet store and used a 10 dollar coupon on a 33 lb bag of food, got some cans of food AND the clerk gave me a 5 dollar coupon to use right then.

Sometimes shopping can turn out to be very, very good!

I picked up some Vanna's in denim marl (for baby boy hats), some charisma pink for a ruffled coat pattern I saw that uses chunky, and some more Vanna in pink. I think I have a pattern I saw last night that it might be good for.

I'm inspired:c9

Marisa, I have to check out your page. What name are you over there?

Vet appt for Lucy at 1 PM (she bites herself under the tail - I'm thinking anal gland issues again:think)

They're getting lots of business from us this week - should get a reduced rate:lol

BBL!

Archived