Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:hug Thank you, everyone. It means so much to have you for friends. :manyheart

Okay! Am I the only one who doesn't mind weaving in tails? :lol Every so often I wonder how a lot of us made thousands of little squares - talk about weaving in ends and joining! :eek

I did not make thousands of little squares. I will admit I was tempted, but I knew I'd never ever finish a project composed of little squares! I don't mind weaving in tails, as long as I don't leave them all to the end. Thats what I did when I made a granny stripes afghan, and it seemed like therre was no end to the ends!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a chatty bunch today!!

It was a glorious day again- too bad I spent most of it indoors at work!

Mary- Prayers for your DD and baby- and glad that they are going to monitor closely- I'm sure all will be fine! My DD is going to find out the sex of her baby on Halloween! Can't wait!

Cindy- Oooh that 'stinks" - both figuratively and literally!!! Especially at that time of night having to de-skunk the dog and house! Hopefully the 'skunk-off' works- and if it does, it's worth every penny of the $36.00 it cost!!

Marisa- Wow- what a busy, fun weekend!!! As far as the weekend of the 27th- I'm free- it's the weekend after my step-daughter's wedding in AL! I'd love to meet up- we'll work something out!

Val- I can hear the excitement in your voice over the upcoming move!!!! It'll be here before you know it!

Tam- gorgeous afghans you've been making- I saw them on the show and tell thread- all of them are so beautiful!!! aww.. thanks sweetie!! :hug

I went to take a pic of the baby RR that I took while it's still light- and don't you know it- the battery in my camera is dead! I'll charge it and try again tomorrow after work! oh man... I hate that... cant wait to see it though! :)

Off to craft club soon! Have a good night everyone!

:heart

:mug

All is quiet right now--all the boys are asleep (DH and both GSs). Had a great time doing homework with the littlest one (he's in Pre-k)--we had a book to read and then sign that we read it. He's so excited about homework (too bad he won't feel that way in a couple of years LOL). Then we got to play a matching game (he won both times). No crocheting tonight.

Cindy - hope you got the "skunk" smell out.

Mary - hope all is well with DD and baby. Will say some prayers for all of you.

Joanne - hope you had a good time at craft night. That stinks about your battery, hope it charges up soon so we can see that beautiful afghan.

Will have to catch up tomorrow as it's time for bed. Have a great evening all! Hugs and prayers to all.

Good morning. We had thunderstorms and quite a bit of rain last night, but now its jsut sunny and cool.

The skunk smell is pretty much gone, but the smell of the deodorizer is annoying to me as well. Guess poor Sophie is going to get another bath today to get that smell off of her.

I did spend time at my crochet and knit projects yesterday. I alternated the knit slippers, knit scarf and my log cabin afghan. Today I'm going to sew.

:sun Good Morning all...................

My goodness its beautiful out! Sun shinning........ cool crisp air and a lovely country quietness about!

Boys are off to school.... Last load of laundry is in... fresh coffee going.... crochet project at hand.. and some time to visit here.... yep... good day!

I'm working on another ripple'ghan. This one is going to an online friend for her birthday wish.

Next one I make is for another auction.

I need to snap a pic of the military ripple'ghan I made... I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

oh... dryer yelling... bbiab!

have a great morning :hook

Good morning housemates1

:hug Thank you, everyone. It means so much to have you for friends. :manyheart That's what friends are for!!

Okay! Am I the only one who doesn't mind weaving in tails? :lol Every so often I wonder how a lot of us made thousands of little squares - talk about weaving in ends and joining! :eek

I made the little saltines but I never put them together. I'm going to make that my next project after I finish with all my paid orders.

I'm at my sister's house on the other side of town. She is paying me to clean her apartment. I'm stopping at HL on my way home to pick up the more yarn to finish the afghans I've started. I want to have them completed by this weekend and then I'll only have one left that was ordered.

Well off to get this cleaning done. I have to be back on my side of town by 2 pm.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi, ladies!

I just took Lucy for a windblown, slightly rainy walk. We're waiting for a deluge later this afternoon. Between the walk and her playing in the yard and dragging around a tree limb at least twice her length she should zonk out for a bit now:lol

Hi House! Leaving now for the dentist...can't wait. :lol DD is going to let me know after her appt. if she wants me to pick up Luke, so not sure how long I'll be gone. Have a wonderful morning, everyone!:manyheart

Ick. Dentists:P

I hope all is well with DD.:hug:manyheart

I just finished a second baby hat, now need to make the flower embellishments for each. I found the free beanie pattern on Ravelry. I was able to follow it exactly, which is good, since I don't yet trust myself to alter a hat pattern. I haven't made a baby hat in over 30 years!

BBL!

:hug Thank you, everyone. It means so much to have you for friends. :manyheart

I think that's why I never did a quilt ghan :eek I remember doing some saltines that we all did as a group project and it was almost like torture!!!

What a chatty bunch today!!

It was a glorious day again- too bad I spent most of it indoors at work!

Marisa- Wow- what a busy, fun weekend!!! As far as the weekend of the 27th- I'm free- it's the weekend after my step-daughter's wedding in AL! I'd love to meet up- we'll work something out!

I went to take a pic of the baby RR that I took while it's still light- and don't you know it- the battery in my camera is dead! I'll charge it and try again tomorrow after work!

Off to craft club soon! Have a good night everyone!

Bad battery!!!! Can't wait to see you :bounce

Good morning. We had thunderstorms and quite a bit of rain last night, but now its jsut sunny and cool.

The skunk smell is pretty much gone, but the smell of the deodorizer is annoying to me as well. Guess poor Sophie is going to get another bath today to get that smell off of her.

I did spend time at my crochet and knit projects yesterday. I alternated the knit slippers, knit scarf and my log cabin afghan. Today I'm going to sew.

Glad your getting that skunk smell out :whew We're storming as well :sigh But, we need it :shrug

:sun Good Morning all...................

My goodness its beautiful out! Sun shinning........ cool crisp air and a lovely country quietness about!

Boys are off to school.... Last load of laundry is in... fresh coffee going.... crochet project at hand.. and some time to visit here.... yep... good day!

I'm working on another ripple'ghan. This one is going to an online friend for her birthday wish.

Next one I make is for another auction.

I need to snap a pic of the military ripple'ghan I made... I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

oh... dryer yelling... bbiab!

have a great morning :hook

Yes, picture please :devil Oh it's so great to have you back :hug

Hi House! Leaving now for the dentist...can't wait. :lol DD is going to let me know after her appt. if she wants me to pick up Luke, so not sure how long I'll be gone. Have a wonderful morning, everyone!:manyheart

Hope your appt goes well :xfin I need to make one myself :think

Good morning housemates1

I made the little saltines but I never put them together. I'm going to make that my next project after I finish with all my paid orders.

I'm at my sister's house on the other side of town. She is paying me to clean her apartment. I'm stopping at HL on my way home to pick up the more yarn to finish the afghans I've started. I want to have them completed by this weekend and then I'll only have one left that was ordered.

Well off to get this cleaning done. I have to be back on my side of town by 2 pm.

Have a great day ladies!

Try to have fun cleaning :devil Just remember HL is at the finish line :lol

Hi, ladies!

I just took Lucy for a windblown, slightly rainy walk. We're waiting for a deluge later this afternoon. Between the walk and her playing in the yard and dragging around a tree limb at least twice her length she should zonk out for a bit now:lol

I just finished a second baby hat, now need to make the flower embellishments for each. I found the free beanie pattern on Ravelry. I was able to follow it exactly, which is good, since I don't yet trust myself to alter a hat pattern. I haven't made a baby hat in over 30 years!

BBL!

I'm sure they're gorgeous....can't wait to see them :devil

Hi Ladies,

Tam, It's great seeing you back here again! That's great news on Ken and Michael! You actually have good news on the whole family. I seen your afghans on your blog and they are beautiful.

Cindy, What a nice weekend you had, family and friends sitting around you can't get much better than that. I hope the weather is good this weekend so DH can finish the patio. My sister used tomato juice and either a shampoo or dish soap on there dog when he got sprayed by the skunk. No storms over here last night.

Angela, Hope DH can find a job soon! How was your first day of class?

Judy, Where DD lives they have skunks (at least 2) running around the complex. And right down the street a couple of blocks they have deer crossing the street.

Val, You guys are probably getting really excited with the move getting closer each day. One reward for cleaning is your getting paid and you'll be buying yarn.

Marisa, Great news that Delany got to go home. You had a busy but fun weekend. How nice that your parents are coming this week.

Mary, Praying that things are okay with DD and baby. I don't mind weaving ends in at all. I don't do many things with squares. Good luck at the dentist.

Sherry, Fun times with the grandsons. Is DH feeling better?

Phyllis, The afghan is beautiful! Someone is going to be very happy with it.

Joanne, Can't wait to see your ghan.

Yesterday I did a bunch of laundry up and went to the store. I picked up my tablet. I read on it and it wasn't to bad. DS thinks I would be happier with a bigger size. We'll see I have 2 weeks to return it if I'm not happy.

DD is at the dentist office right now. She said she is in more pain than when they pulled the tooth. And the tooth area don't hurt her teeth in front of it do. She just called and they did an x-ray and it show everything is okay. They gave her an antibiotic even though there is no infection. I hope it helps. She starts her new job sunday and is going to be without insurance for 3 months.

Yesterday while I was out I came upon a car/motorcycle accident right after it happened. When I came back through everyone was still there so luckily for everyone it wasn't to serious. The guy on the motorcycle had a helmet on. Michigan passed a law they don't have to wear a helmet. And guess what everyone in the state there insurance is going up to pay for the accident fund. DD and a friend told me there renewal went up. My thoughts are if they want to go without a helmet and they have an accident and they dont' carry the extra coverage then let there insurance company refuse to pay so the rest of us don't have to.

I talked to my sister last night. My bil surgery is the 28th and it's a 4 hour surgery. He's schedule for one, so it's going to be a long day. I had told her that since there would be a bunch of us I would talk to one of my brothers about me making a dinner for all of us and eating at there house. But know since surgery is at 1 if things run on time I'm going to call her and tell her I'll pick up the stuff for a picnic. Some fruit, some chips and ham sandwiches.

I have bean soup cooking for dinner. Going to do some laundry, wash some bedding up.

DD took Maya to the doctor saturday (her doctors office has an urgent care on saturdays). Maya started complaining of a sore throat while we were there and developed a cough. They said she has allergies. Every year when she goes home she gets sick. I told DD move the fan in the bedroom away from the bed so it isn't blowing directly on her. The other thing is daycare (Heather) has 5 dogs inside. Maybe she is allergic to one of them. She's starting her third year at Heather's and this the third time getting sick after going home from my house.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hi again. DD's appt. ran late, so I picked up Luke and took him to their house. An old friend of DD's is coming over later, so she wanted Luke to be home. DH will be gone until Thursday, so more crochet time for me! :hook

Valerie ~ Busy day for you! I hope you made to HL and home in time! I remember your making squares with us...what pattern are they for?

Judy ~ Way to go on finishing two baby hats! :cheer Did Lucy end up taking a long nap? :)

Hi Marisa! I heard on the radio that storms were in your area - stay safe. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope your DD feels better soon. And sending big hugs to Maya. :hug Texans don't have to wear a helmet, either. It makes no sense to me that anyone wouldn't wear one!

Time to get busy. Have a good afternoon! :manyheart

Had to go meet my friend for my chiro treatment today :yay Then of course lunch :D

Marlene - Wow, you sure have a lot going on!!! I hope bil's surgery goes well and that Maya is feeling better :yes Also hope dd's tooth gets taken care of :xfin

Mary - :yay for crochet time....the rain has been constant all day, but switches from pouring to drizzling and back to pouring again. Not much thunder or lightening though :no

Judy - Nice to see that Lucy can actually get a little worn out :lol

Hi again. DD's appt. ran late, so I picked up Luke and took him to their house. An old friend of DD's is coming over later, so she wanted Luke to be home. DH will be gone until Thursday, so more crochet time for me! :hookWTG!:cheer:clap:cheer

Valerie ~ Busy day for you! I hope you made to HL and home in time! I remember your making squares with us...what pattern are they for? I think I'm going to make one of Cara's quilt ghans. I haven't decided which one yet.

Here is a pic of my sweater....I forgot yesterday to post it.

Sorry I didn't get one of it on, but this will do for now :lolGreat job Marisa!

I made it home in time to pick of the GDN from the bus stop and DNeph at work. I didn't get a chance to stop at HL on the way home. my DNei was at my sisters with me. I left her there. I've just gotten back to pick her up! Stopped at HL on my way back here. I was not going to take a chance on stopping on the way home a second time.:devil

Well, I'm getting ready to head home in about half an hour. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Have a good evening ladies!!

Here is a pic of my sweater....I forgot yesterday to post it.

Sorry I didn't get one of it on, but this will do for now :lol

wow! You're a wonderful knitter!:clap

Pictures!

My knit scarf: I can see how "rough" my work was when I started as compared to the end:lol

And the baby hats. The sarker one is Victorian Rose not the brown it looks. And the dark color in the flower is taupe. I had ribbon and I wove it through the bottom.

post-8552-135897778489_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897778494_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

What a crazy weather day! Windy, rainy and tornado watches!!! What a change from the last few days of gorgeous weather! It's dark now, so no picture of my RR--I'll try again tomorrow after work!

Marisa- Wow- your knitted sweater is fabulous!!!! I'm very impressed!!! It's beautiful!

Judy- Love those hats- so very cute!! And great job on the knitted scarf!!!!

Marlene- Hope that the antibiotics work for DD and that Maya is on the mend quick! That's strange how she gets sick every time she goes home- maybe she does have some sort of allergies???

Mary- How's DD doing? you may have said, but I read through the posts very quickly. Enjoy your crochet time!

Val- What a busy day! I'll pay you if you want to come to NJ to clean my house!

Cindy- Did you get to sew today? Are you making anything special?

All this talk of motorcyclists and not having to wear helmets is my little pet peeve! . Why would anyone want to ride a bike without protecting their most precious organ- their brain??? Football players wear helmets, hockey players wear helmets, baseball hitters wear helmets- all for protection from injury. So why should someone driving a motorcycle not also have to wear protection? I just don't get it! Ok, I'll get off the :soap

Off to do a little :crocheting

Yay for pictures!

Marisa ~ Your sweater is wonderful! I love the yarn you used. :clap

Judy ~ You definitely got your motivation back! :cheer The hats are adorable - the flowers and ribbon are just perfect. :c9 Your scarf turned out great, too!

Valerie ~ Wow, you did lots of driving today. ;) I'm glad you made it to HL!

Hi Joanne ~ I'm glad you're home safe and sound. DD went back to her dr. this a.m. and everything looks fine - labs included. She just can't get rid of the headache and the dr. thinks she may have a virus "of some kind." Thank you for asking. :manyheart

Archived