Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all lovely to be back. Been too busy at work to post. Now I want to post my pics of my progress on the vest but I can't, don't know how. Keep messing it up... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway hope all is good and everyone is fine, fit and dandy. :cheer

How's everyone's crochet going?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, peeps!

Well had to go buy new shoes today--not pretty ones, walking shoes. I rarely wear dressy shoes as I have a bad knee. It's so hard to find the kind I like--New Balance walking--not running, not hiking, not cross-training--the manufacturers thinks everyone runs or goes to the gym. I need the walking for the heel and arch support. Finally found a pair that would work but wish I could have found a pair like I had.

I walk, too - and agree: it's hard to find good, basic walking shoes that look decent and arent' wierd colors!

The IT guys (now there are at least 2 or maybe 3) can't figure out why part of the system will not work. I keep telling my IT guy it's because the "old" stuff doesn't want to talk to the "new" stuff and I think I have him convinced, just need to convince the other 2 that.

I hope you all have a good evening! Hugs to all!

Funny how we can sometimes "see" things that the pros can't - hope it's all fixed soon.

Judy- A-rod sure did look terrible tonight!!! But Ichiro- wow- what a day he had- 7 hits in the 2 games!!! I always liked him when he was with Seattle, but I like him even more now that he is a Yankee!!! Great game- and 2 wins in one day :clap

I felt the same about Ichiro - LOVE him in pistripes!!

I have a prayer request too- continued prayers for the 5 year old and now one of my co-workers husband is in the ICU- he lost a lung to cancer a few years ago- and now it looks like it may be back and he's not doing good. My brother called and said he and my sis-in-law can't come to the baptism. My niece is coming home from Fl this weekend for a biopsy on Monday (for lump/bump) found on her uterus. She just went back to FL about a month ago to attend her undergrad school for her master's degree. They want to be with her Sunday and they live about 2 hours away in CT. I'm hoping that the biopsy is negative.

Thanks all!!! Seems like I hardly ever ask for prayers, and now I'm asking in droves!! Appreciate it- you are the best!!!

Oh, no:( Sending good thoughts to everyone...:hug:manyheart

Oh, I finished the white blanket- did a border of sc and reverse sc- simple, but nice. Off to bed--I'm beat....and it'll be a late night tomorrow night since the Giants football game is on!!!

I may not be back in the AM- so I'll just wish you all a Happy Thursday now!!!:hug:hug:hug

I love using the rev sc. Picture??:D

Hi all lovely to be back. Been too busy at work to post. Now I want to post my pics of my progress on the vest but I can't, don't know how. Keep messing it up... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway hope all is good and everyone is fine, fit and dandy. :cheer

How's everyone's crochet going?

Hi!

Paper clip at top of this box has a down arrow next to it. click it and a box comes up. Hit "browse", find your picture and upload. When you preview your post you'll see the picture there.

I postes a couple of things I just finished...clik my name and you can see my recent posts with pictures:hook

Gotta go - DH uses my puter downstairs during the day and I never go back upstairs once it's all straightened up for the day...so....

CU all sometime later.....

You'll get the hang of things here!!

Hi!

Paper clip at top of this box has a down arrow next to it. click it and a box comes up. Hit "browse", find your picture and upload. When you preview your post you'll see the picture there.

I postes a couple of things I just finished...clik my name and you can see my recent posts with pictures:hook

QUOTE]

Ok, I did it, did it work... Thanks Judianne. You're a gem :D

Yeah, it did. Ha ha. Anyway, I have numerous squares and some smaller ones as well, for a contrast effect. (Same colours, just different sizes... I'll post the finished product over the weekend, if I get it finished. :)

Thanks guys for all your advice and tips. :)

post-62168-135897778644_thumb.jpg

post-62168-135897778647_thumb.jpg

:autumnGood Morning my friends...............

oooooh.... its a cool Fall morning and its beautiful!

I totally fell behind in posts yesterday.......... got busy with crocheting and making my cousin some covered hershey minis for his weeding this weekend.

Hugs to all that need it... Prayers to all that going through a trial and ^5 to all the beautiful crocheting that is getting done! Thank you for all the welcome backs and all the new welcomes! So good to see you all!

Need to finish up the hershey minis today... get a pic of the military ripple'ghan I made then wrap it up to give to the soldier that its for. He's coming home for 10 days next weekend before he goes back to California. He just got back last week from being deployed. God Bless him and his troop!

I also need to get some beanies made.... I have some football players that have decided that I have so much free time ... I need to make my whole stinkin' town football beanies. Oh these people... so lucky I love them... LOL :hook

Anyway.... need to get back to wrapping these mini's so I can crochet the day away.

have a good one ladies!

:heart

:mug

Here's the baby modeling her new hats....her mom was amazed and shocked when she saw them...and then told me what people are charging for the same thing on Etsy, and that her friends were paying it!

post-8552-135897778654_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897778656_thumb.jpg

Here's the baby modeling her new hats....her mom was amazed and shocked when she saw them...and then told me what people are charging for the same thing on Etsy, and that her friends were paying it!

Awww :c9 Your hat is just precious on the adorable baby!

Omgoodness... how cute is that baby and how precious is that beanie!!! Just lovely... :heart

'Afternoon, everyone. :)

Maryd. ~ Your squares are lovely.:hook Yay for posting your first pictures. :clap

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers for your friends and family members. :hug You must be overwhelmed with calls lately...take care of you, too!

Joanne ~ Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your niece and friends coming your way. :hug I know little Ryan's baptism will be a very special time. :c9

Tammy ~ Wow, can you possibly squeeze in one more project? :wink:D You know we always love pictures! :)

'Afternoon, everyone. :)

Maryd. ~ Your squares are lovely.:hook Yay for posting your first pictures. :clap

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers for your friends and family members. :hug You must be overwhelmed with calls lately...take care of you, too!

Joanne ~ Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your niece and friends coming your way. :hug I know little Ryan's baptism will be a very special time. :c9

Tammy ~ Wow, can you possibly squeeze in one more project? :wink:D You know we always love pictures! :)

LOL.... I know .. right!

yeah... good thing the town I live in population is only 260!!! They all think they need a beanie! :think

I like to share pictures ............ I'll get on it ... asap!! :D

Hello everyone. it was actually a pretty quiet day at work today. I got a few extra things done that I have been putting off, some tests to prove competency and some mandatory classes that i signed up for. I stayed after work to do a chart review for a committee I'm on. Got home a short while ago and popped dinner in the oven. (I made it yesterday, since I felt like cooking.)

Mary, I like the colors in your vest.

After dinner I will be doing my "daily project rotation". I started this on Sunday, hoping it would help me get a few projects finished. I chose three projects to work on in rotation and will add in another project when one of them is done. Right now its 6 rows on the slipper, 10 rows on the scarf and two or three sections on the log cabin afghan. If I get this much done on these projects, I allow myself to work on something else as well, but on days I work, this is all I have time for. (what can I say? Short attention span here!)

And now that I have put myself on a project diet, I have all these great ideas for Christmas gifts. DD told me back in January that she thought it would be nice if we did a homemade Christmas. Of course the sum total of my attempts in that direction is one pair of slippers and a few half finished projects. Oh well........

Thanks, ladies...it was also fun getting my baby fix. She's the sweetest little thing....

After dinner I will be doing my "daily project rotation". I started this on Sunday, hoping it would help me get a few projects finished. I chose three projects to work on in rotation and will add in another project when one of them is done. Right now its 6 rows on the slipper, 10 rows on the scarf and two or three sections on the log cabin afghan. If I get this much done on these projects, I allow myself to work on something else as well, but on days I work, this is all I have time for. (what can I say? Short attention span here!)Great idea! And a short attention span...what's that?:think:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

And now that I have put myself on a project diet, I have all these great ideas for Christmas gifts. DD told me back in January that she thought it would be nice if we did a homemade Christmas. Of course the sum total of my attempts in that direction is one pair of slippers and a few half finished projects. Oh well........

Oooops...need a :kick??:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Off to book club tonight...unfortunately I'll be missing a good chunk of both the Yankee game and the football Giants...I think I'll open the browser on my phone and sneak in some score updates.:devil

Have a good night:hug:manyheart

Oh, my word, Sherry!! I'm so sorry that someone broke into your house! That's such a violation of your personal space- big, big hugs going out to you and your family!!!!!

Judy- The picture of the baby with the hat is just adorable!! Hope you are having fun at book club! I'm sitting here checking in and have the Yankees on--but once the Giants start, I'll be switching over! I didn't get home till 7 tonight- had a very long meeting at the end of the day---so it's too dark already to take pics. I promise to get some taken this weekend sometime --both the RR and the white afghan!

Cindy- Glad you had a good day- and I like your idea of the project rotation. I'm glad I made all those QA lace scarves this summer- I've gotten a good start on gifts for co-workers that I usually give something to. (actually, come to think of it, I think I'm done on that front) I want to make some hats for our giving tree and will probably make Ryan a hat since the one I made last winter will be too small. Guess I should start a list of other homemade things to make. I love your DD's idea of a homemade Christmas!

MaryD- your squares are lovely- and yippee for posting your first pics!!

DH is chatting and the game is on-so I'm going to sign off---See you in the AM---and YAY- it'll be Friday!!!

Hello housemates!

I've suffered with a migraine all day. I'm still using the blackberry so I won't try to read post and reply individually. The pain is gone but there is still a slight agitation.

I felt like working on the square ghan and for the first time my yarn 'ILTY' is a different shade. We were just discussing this a couple of weeks ago! I'll have to go back and see if they have the darker shade in the back. If not, I'll have to buy more of the brighter one and start over (ugh)! I actually like the brighter one best!

Well, I guess I'll work on the black/gray/white ghan.

Have a good night all!

Quick stop in- I'm running late---since I stayed up late watching the Giants win!!!!

Hope the migraine is totally gone today, Val---and that stinks about the yarn!

Have a great Friday everyone!!! Hugs/prayers to all who need them (and don't we all???)

Maryd - very good work! I like the color contrast too:cheer

Thanks guys, it is 4 ply cotton. I bought it years ago and tried to do another vest using my own design of stitches... But as I said a few weeks back I was messing up big time. So I tried the squares idea. Ok, it's not fancy but it works. I am still crocheting the pieces together. I'm not using seam sewing. I am crocheting it with stitches. Can't wait to show every one when I am finished. :D

Thanks luv. I messed it up big time so asked for help. Should have done that sooner, would have posted over a week ago. :think

Mary, I like the colors in your vest.

After dinner I will be doing my "daily project rotation". I started this on Sunday, hoping it would help me get a few projects finished. I chose three projects to work on in rotation and will add in another project when one of them is done. Right now its 6 rows on the slipper, 10 rows on the scarf and two or three sections on the log cabin afghan. If I get this much done on these projects, I allow myself to work on something else as well, but on days I work, this is all I have time for. (what can I say? Short attention span here!)

Wow, This is a great idea. The project rotation... Mind if I pinch the idea? :hook I need a few Christmas presents going. :crocheting

MaryD- your squares are lovely- and yippee for posting your first pics!!

Thanks dear. Am happy that I am finally getting the vest finished. We are on school holidays here in Melb. Aust. So will have two weeks to finish it and get stuck into my daughters vest. I bought some more cotton today. I am such a sucker for punishment. Ha ha.

Anyway guys happy crocheting. :cheer

Good morning housemates!

Migraine is gone. Still feel a little slow but no pain!

I saw pictures as I was scrolling through. MaryD's squares as well as Judy's model and hats.

I'll be working on packing and crocheting later.

Have a good day everybody!

'morning, peeps!

Had a wonderful time with my neighbors last night...a few of us somehow ended up at one end of a long kitchen table. I dubbed it the "Menopausal" side of the table:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have a potential buyer for the lilac baby ghan I made and set aside and same lady asked for a newborn size hat:D

Dh called when he got home from work. Someone had broke into our house. Took most of the electronics. So I'm on my iPhone for now. Won't be here much until we get another computer.
Oh, no!!!! Maybe the perps can be caught:hug:hug:hug

Judy- The picture of the baby with the hat is just adorable!! Hope you are having fun at book club!See my post above:devil I'm sitting here checking in and have the Yankees on--but once the Giants start, I'll be switching over! I sat at the table with my Droid phone open so I could check on the scores of both games:lol

I didn't get home till 7 tonight- had a very long meeting at the end of the day---so it's too dark already to take pics. I promise to get some taken this weekend sometime --both the RR and the white afghan!

Looking forward to pics!!

Thanks guys, it is 4 ply cotton. I bought it years ago and tried to do another vest using my own design of stitches... But as I said a few weeks back I was messing up big time. So I tried the squares idea. Ok, it's not fancy but it works. I am still crocheting the pieces together. I'm not using seam sewing. I am crocheting it with stitches. Can't wait to show every one when I am finished. :D

working with cotton is nice

Thanks dear. Am happy that I am finally getting the vest finished. We are on school holidays here in Melb. Aust. So will have two weeks to finish it and get stuck into my daughters vest. I bought some more cotton today. I am such a sucker for punishment. Ha ha.

Anyway guys happy crocheting. :cheer

Have a good night (down under;))

Good morning housemates!

Migraine is gone. Still feel a little slow but no pain!

such god news:hug

I saw pictures as I was scrolling through. MaryD's squares as well as Judy's model and hats.

I'll be working on packing and crocheting later.

Have a good day everybody!

Happy hooking!

Have a great day everyone:hug

Happy Friday, everyone. :autumn

Sherry ~ I'm so sorry about the break-in. :hug I hope there wasn't too much damage to your home.

Cindy ~ Love your project rotation idea!

Maryd. ~ More yarn is a good thing. :hook

Valerie ~ I'm glad your migraine is pretty much gone. :manyheart Every once in a while, I've found that ILTY doesn't match...hope you don't have to start over!

Judy ~ Book club sounds like so much fun! Let us know if the afghan sale goes through and I bet you will have lots of orders for the hats!:crocheting

I've been cleaning and doing laundry - oh boy. :lol Luke will be here tomorrow and Sunday, so I need to get organized. His tractor battery is charging - important things first. ;)

:sun....Gooooooooooooood Morning kids..........

how is everyone this morning!?!

Darn internet was acting dumb this morning so couldnt get on here till now. Got some serious crocheting done though :hook

Sherry sweetie......... I am so sorry someone broke into your home. :hug ....... how scary and how upsetting! :hug

gonna try and get some pics to load here... its been pitching me fits trying to do that. :think

wanted to share a few of the afghans I have made lately

post-18634-135897778714_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897778719_thumb.jpg

post-18634-13589777873_thumb.jpg

I mentioned I saw pictures from Judy and Maryd. but forgot to say they were beautiful. Tam, your ghans are beautiful as well.

Mary - of course, Luke's tractor has to be ready to go. How are you comming with your fall afghan.

I hope everyone is having a grand day!

I mentioned I saw pictures from Judy and Maryd. but forgot to say they were beautiful. Tam, your ghans are beautiful as well.

Mary - of course, Luke's tractor has to be ready to go. How are you comming with your fall afghan.

I hope everyone is having a grand day!

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ thank you¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

here is pic of a clutch I made... still need to line it and put in a zipper

post-18634-135897778745_thumb.jpg

this is the current ripple I'm working on

post-18634-135897778762_thumb.jpg

Archived