Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:2magic:flower HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY HOUSE :flower:2magic

i HAVE BEEN HAVING FUN SINCE FRIDAY DOING ALL FUN AND HAPPY THINGS FOR ME, SO IT HAS BEEN A FUN AND FOR ME MOMMY DAY :hug

Had a wonderful day!! Breakfast was delicious and then my middle DD and her BF came over and we all went to Rutgers Gardens- what a beautiful day it was there- we walked around- there is a really neat bamboo garden and all kinds of various plants It is really a wonderful place and now I know that they have a farmers market every Friday!!!. Dd's BF made homemade pizza and it was so good. The Yankees won and I actually got to sit and work a little on Stashbuster Tote #6! All in all a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

Cindy, Good news your MIL is getting better. Hope your Mom gets to go home wednesday and that everyday will be a little better than the day before. Keeping you all in my prayers. Your tote is beautiful. I love that hat. Hope you have an easier week at work. Don't forget to take care of your self to.

Tam, It's a good thing your crocheting in the round. You are going around in circles getting the boys to all there activities. Can't wait to see your new rr vest.

Mary1, Good news on Zoe. Glad he is back to himself. No better way to spend Mother's Day than with the grandkids. Maya was here to.

Judy, Glad that Sparkie and Heidi are working out so well together. It's fun to have new life in the house whether it's a pet or a baby.

Shannon, Nice to see you again. Glad you have your own computer. Hope things get better soon.

Marisa, Beautiful tote! Sounds like you had a fun time yesterday.

Dusti, The girls school party sounds like it was fun. Hope you got the yarn to finish MIL's gift bag.

Linda, :clap for the good doctor report and the weight loss. Glad Kim is feeling better. What a lot of work you went through on John's hat. Your new rr sounds nice and fallish. Can't wait to hear about your derby party.

Toni, Your making some nice gifts for the church ladies. Do you know when Hank Jr will be on CMT? I love Hank! I've seen him 4 times and once was on my birthday so you know I had a nice birthday.

That would of been scary with that big hawk in the back room.

Joanne, Beautiful tote! Glad you and the girls had an outing today.

Julie, Hope you are improving every day. My ex MIL had a bout with pneumonia and it took her a long time to get over it. Hang in there.

Tab, Hope things are going good for you.

Faile, Hows the socks coming along?

Thanks for all the concerns about Maya. She is feeling better. The doctor said she and her Mom need to take this certain allergy medicine for the next 3-4 months. She said the drainage is causing Maya's sore throats and stomach upsets. She has never had strep throat.

Friday we left DD's and met up with BIL and SIl for dinner and ran into some friends who go to Florida for the winter. We had a nice visit with all of them. DD and Maya came up and we all stayed at my sisters then saturday morning we all went garage saleing. I picked up a couple of books. One of Paula Deen's and one on health. DD found a dvr for 10.00. Lots of baby stuff out there.

Hubby's two brothers, there wives, MIL, DD, Maya and us went out for dinner last night for Mother's Day. It was are first time eating dinner there and half of us weren't happy with are food and the waitress wasn't to good. Either she was inexperienced or something else was going on.

Today DS, DIL, DD, Maya, DH and I were here. Maya and I planted some flowers while DD fixed dinner. We bought a new table and chairs for outside so DH and I put the table together. It's wrought iron. I think were going to wish we had a bigger table though. This one is 42". But we hardly ever have more than 4 people here so it may be all right.

Hope everyone has had a great Mother's Day. Have a wonderful night!

Tomorrow I head up to DS's for the week.

Good morning House!!!

Hope you all had a good weekend and a lovely Mother's Day! And that includes mothers of furbabies, shellbabies, and scalebabies too! Today is a little tough for me, since this is the anniversary of my Mom's passing-12 years ago. I was thinking yesterday how happy she would be that my youngest is expecting. My Mom adored being a grandmother- and she would have relished being a great grandma. I know she is my DD's special angel watching over her.

This is Nurse's Week so we are having a few festivities at work this week. Luncheon tomorrow and a cake on Thursday. Games and raffles during the week. And best of all, we can wear scrubs to work all week, so no thinking about what to wear to work!

Marisa- Glad you made it back home to Philly safe and sound! Did you enjoy your shows on DVR? Tonight is DWTS!!!

Marlene- Have a good week at DS's. Glad that they kind of figured out what's going on with Maya! I have a few annuals that I still need to plant that I picked up at Rutgers Gardens yesterday- that is on the agenda for today after work. And I also got some basil and some mint to put into containers on the deck.

Cindy- Prayers continuing for both your MIL and Mom. I hope you enjoyed yourself at the wedding Saturday!

Julie- Thinking of you and sending hugs and positive thoughts!

Toni- How's your Mom doing? And you?

Tammy- Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day and that your DD has begun making plans to get back out on her own!

Judy- Did you enjoy your first Mother's Day with Heidi?

Cheeria- I 'm so happy that you had a ME weekend!! You so deserve it!!!

Dusti- Hope you weekend was lots of fun!

Linda- How was the Kentucky Derby party? Was John's hat a success? Hope Kim is doing well.

LeAnna- Is Hub-E home? Hang in there!

Mary1, Mary2, Tabby, Trish, Shannon, Wrennie--and all-thinking of you.

I got a beautiful handmade little card from my middle DD which simply said Infinitely grateful. It warmed my heart.....and I want to pass that sentiment on to you ---I am infinitely grateful for all of you and your friendship!

Have a wonderful Monday! Time to make the donuts.......

Good morning housemates :coffee

I was awake before the alarm this morning, but stayed in bed until it went off. It was nice to just lay a little bit :lol Nothing new to report since last night. I think we're doing a boscov's trip tonight, but need to double check that with Mary, half way through :lol

Joanne - Have a great day at work and enjoy your scrubs :D Happy nurse's week :hug How fun to have activities going on at work :bounce

I had a couple of finishes this week.

Hat and Stashbuster tote, which is a patern by Turtleluvr and is available to buy from her Etsy store or her Ravelry store.

Cooool hat!

Wrennie ~ We have red-tailed hawks swooping through our yard quite often...there is ranch land within 1/2 mile of our neighborhood. Last fall, a wild turkey landed in our yard - obviously confused. :lol Have a good time at the wedding!

Here too. I have a phone line running the length of my yard. They perch on it looking for mice. (ggod bird! :lol )

I did the grocery shopping and it's all put away (was going to let DH do the shopping- but I wanted to make sure we had healthy food- LOL)

Marton made a deal with me. As long as he never had to go to a grocery store again and hear screaming, whining, complaining kids, he would do the laundry every time. Fine with me. I don't go when theres lots of people. :D

Thanks for all the concerns about Maya. She is feeling better. The doctor said she and her Mom need to take this certain allergy medicine for the next 3-4 months. She said the drainage is causing Maya's sore throats and stomach upsets. She has never had strep throat.

Friday we left DD's and met up with BIL and SIl for dinner and ran into some friends who go to Florida for the winter. We had a nice visit with all of them. DD and Maya came up and we all stayed at my sisters then saturday morning we all went garage saleing. I picked up a couple of books. One of Paula Deen's and one on health. DD found a dvr for 10.00. Lots of baby stuff out there.

Hubby's two brothers, there wives, MIL, DD, Maya and us went out for dinner last night for Mother's Day. It was are first time eating dinner there and half of us weren't happy with are food and the waitress wasn't to good. Either she was inexperienced or something else was going on.

Today DS, DIL, DD, Maya, DH and I were here. Maya and I planted some flowers while DD fixed dinner. We bought a new table and chairs for outside so DH and I put the table together. It's wrought iron. I think were going to wish we had a bigger table though. This one is 42". But we hardly ever have more than 4 people here so it may be all right.

Hope everyone has had a great Mother's Day. Have a wonderful night!

Tomorrow I head up to DS's for the week.

Glad Maya is on the mend.

Good finds at the yard sales!

Good morning House!!!

Hope you all had a good weekend and a lovely Mother's Day! And that includes mothers of furbabies, shellbabies, and scalebabies too! Today is a little tough for me, since this is the anniversary of my Mom's passing-12 years ago. I was thinking yesterday how happy she would be that my youngest is expecting. My Mom adored being a grandmother- and she would have relished being a great grandma. I know she is my DD's special angel watching over her.

This is Nurse's Week so we are having a few festivities at work this week. Luncheon tomorrow and a cake on Thursday. Games and raffles during the week. And best of all, we can wear scrubs to work all week, so no thinking about what to wear to work!

:hug Sorry you're missing your mom so much.

Sounds like a fun work week.

We were outside last evening and there was a bird sitting on the power lines chattering. Because of the backlighting on him all I could see was the shape. not quite a swallow, oo big for a chickadee. He flew down and looked in the bluebird house. When he flew off I could see it was in fact a Bluebird! :D Now the swallows chickadees and bluebirds have looked at that house. I think I need some more bluebird houses. Thats the first bluebird I've seen here since we moved here in '03!

'morning, peeps!

Mother's Day is always bittersweet for me, thinking of my mom and MIL, but having DS over and my furbabies make it good.

The last pic is how Heidi spends most of her time...:lol

post-8552-135897656415_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897656419_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897656422_thumb.jpg

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES :flower

We had a blast yesterday and bought a lot of wine :D I sewed in both linings in the car and gave them to mom and aunt last night :clap

I'll be back later after I'm back to philly

Sounds like you've had a wonderful time indeed.

'morning, peeps!

Mother's Day is always bittersweet for me, thinking of my mom and MIL, but having DS over and my furbabies make it good.

The last pic is how Heidi spends most of her time...:lol

What a sweetheart! And next to Sparkie she does look little.

Glad to hear that everyone had a nice Mother's Day! I tackled more boxes and then ran away. Had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, went to Big Lots for jam & tea & sardines in hot sauce (for John), went to WalMart for meds for me, and then over to Rosie and John's to visit.

The Kentucky Derby Party was nice. Mint juleps (heavy on the bourbon), sweet potatoes cooked in bourbon and butter, lots of other dishes with bourbon, a spinach-citrus-tomato salad with lime dressing, fruit salad, wild turkey, steaks, ribs, cheese grits, souffle, Kentucky derby pie (bourbon and chocolate and lots of butter), bourbon balls in powdered sugar, and spice cookies (John's first attempt at cookies - semi-successful) to name those I remember.

This is the hat that I bought for Kim to wear to the party.

post-9295-135897656426_thumb.jpg

However, John decided at the last minute to have her wear a different hat. She would have taken first place hands down if she'd worn the one I got her. Oh, well. Here is picture of Kim with the hat John chose and him in his antler hat.

post-9295-135897656445_thumb.jpg

And here is a picture of mine.

post-9295-135897656449_thumb.jpg

As things stood. John won for best guy's hat, hands down. Michelle's mom and I tied for best lady's hat. Hers was wacky and far out and fun.

Hugs to everyone in need of them. :hug :hug :hug Have to get Kim's routine going.

Hi Ladies. I hope everyone is having a good Monday. :)

Linda ~ The hats turned out great! It sounds like a great party...with lots of Bourbon! :lol I'm glad you were able to run away for part of the day yesterday. :manyheart

Judy ~ Awww, Heidi is such a cutie. It looks like she's very much at home with you all. I'm glad your son came over yesterday!

Wrennie ~ Love how you and Morton compromised on the shopping and laundry. :yes How fun to see a Bluebird! My sister has a lake house and they have several of them show up every year.

Joanne ~ Wearing scrubs for a week sounds great-and comfortable!

Marisa ~ I'm glad you had a great weekend! Yay for getting the totes lined. :clap

Cheeria ~ Hi! Good for you for having a "me" weekend.:cheer

Marlene ~ I can't keep up with your family - there are so many! :lol Great news about Maya feeling better. :manyheart

Hi to everyone I may have missed. :ghug

Thanks everyone.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms.

My mom is still the same but mil is doing better., She may get to come home by Wednesday.

:hug Good news about your MIL and I hope your Mom is comfortable and able to start therapy soon. (If she hasn't already!) :manyheart

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

(,,,)^(,,,) Good Afternoon House!

How is everyone this warm afternoon?

I'm hangin' tough. Daughter was home all weekend with her sick kids. 2 youngest have pink eye on top of hacking all over my house.... :sigh

Now my youngest and I are sick. He's sneezing and coughing... I have croop.

Would be nice if I had help keeping the germs under control.

Anyway.......... in order to not have such a horrible mothers day... I spent time mentally with my daddy by making homemade strawberry/rhubarb jam... David went out and picked the rhubarb for me...............

post-18634-13589765648_thumb.jpg

and homemade rhubarb pie.... (which got dug into before I got a chance to take a pic .....LOL...... I think my family likes Rhubarb Pie!

post-18634-135897656487_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

We had a wonderful time with Luke. He is such a happy little guy. We took him to Walmart and bought his first wagon - it has seats with seatbelts and great online reviews. He helped Gramps put it together and we had several long walks...Gracie loved that! Anytime someone says "Yay," he throws his hands in the air. :lol

post-10699-135897656491_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897656495_thumb.jpg

Oh, Tam ~ :hug I'm so sorry you're not well. Feel better soon! :manyheart Rhubarb pie and jam were part of my childhood in Iowa! It doesn't grow here very well, so we don't see it often.

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

I'm hangin' tough. Daughter was home all weekend with her sick kids. 2 youngest have pink eye on top of hacking all over my house.... :sigh

Anyway.......... in order to not have such a horrible mothers day... I spent time mentally with my daddy by making homemade strawberry/rhubarb jam... David went out and picked the rhubarb for me...............

[ATTACH]39033[/ATTACH]

and homemade rhubarb pie.... (which got dug into before I got a chance to take a pic .....LOL...... I think my family likes Rhubarb Pie!

[ATTACH]39034[/ATTACH]

Oh, darn! Being sick is no fun at all, and certainly not what you needed on top of everything else. Your jam and pie look great. We mostly made the rhubarb into sauce which was way good.

We had a wonderful time with Luke. He is such a happy little guy. We took him to Walmart and bought his first wagon - it has seats with seatbelts and great online reviews. He helped Gramps put it together and we had several long walks...Gracie loved that! Anytime someone says "Yay," he throws his hands in the air. :lol

Oh, how cute!

Hi everyone! Looks like everyone had a great day yesterday.

Luke is adorable, Heidi is a doll, Tam, sorry you're ill, darn it but I'd love some of that jam and pie!

Joanne, :hug on missing your mom. We went to see mine yesterday and she's so frail now. She and sis are mostly living in living room. Sis sleeps on air mattress on floor. I took her a 6 pack of her favorite beer :lol Hospice will be there today, so will help my sister out a bit. Just wish I could go and give her a break a couple of times a week.

Cindy, sounds like the mom and MIL are both on road to recovery, which is wonderful.

Linda, sure wish I lived close enough to go to that party!!! All that bourbon food and the cheese grits = priceless :rofl

I've gotten two sets of dishcloths and matching potholders done. Will get the towels before I make toppers to go with them. Plus, been working on diaper bag and changing mat, which are both about 75% done, started the little halter top and working on kitchen swap things. Busy hands keep my mind from being totally overwhelmed with it all.

Love, hugs, prayers and angels to all.

Hi everyone! Looks like everyone had a great day yesterday.

I've gotten two sets of dishcloths and matching potholders done. Will get the towels before I make toppers to go with them. Plus, been working on diaper bag and changing mat, which are both about 75% done, started the little halter top and working on kitchen swap things. Busy hands keep my mind from being totally overwhelmed with it all.

Love, hugs, prayers and angels to all.

WOW! You've really been busy crocheting up a storm, Toni.

Hi there. I'm new to the "ville" and would love to join a nice group. Do you mind?

Hi, MamaSwann. :hi Welcome to the group! :welcome Glad to have you join us. We gab lots and cheer each other on in our assorted crafts. We have crocheters (of course), knitters, quilters, sewers, and weavers in the group. Many of us do more than one craft and we're from all over the place. Most of us go by our first names, so if you feel like sharing yours, that's great, but if you don't it's okay, too.

I'm Linda T (we used to have another Linda in here, so we each added our initial to our first name). I'm 61. I was born and raised in Iowa, spent most of my adult life in Minnesota, and have been down here in Georgia for about 9 years now. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 9 years old and my mom taught me to knit at about the same time. I also learned to do cross-stitch, embroidery, and other hand sewing at about that time. I learned to do machine sewing after getting married at 21. I started quilting about 2 1/2 years ago, taught by my next-door-neighbor, Rosie.

I spent 14 years as an RN, then went back to school and into accounting for 12 years. For the last 6 1/2 years I've been Kim's companion/care giver. She has had 3 major strokes and needs someone to help her full time. Whenever her husband is at work or out of town, I'm with her. The lower level of their home is my space when I'm not on duty. They have a miniature schnauzer named Trouble and I have a miniature poodle named Princess Sweet Pea.

Hello everyone. Very slow day at work today, (not slow generally speaking, just my day) Its health care workers week, and we all received an aluminum waer bottle as a gift. Last week we got little coolers for nurses week. Evidently there is a picnic theme going on, over the past few years we have gotten beach towels, beach blankets, picnic baskets and barbecue tools.

Hopefully my mom has gone to rehab today. I talked to my dad last night and he said that was the tentative plan. My mil continiues to improve.

Joanne, :hug:hug(and I get to wear scrubs to work every day.:D)

Judy, it looks like Heidi has grown just in the past week!!

Wrennie, the first year I put a bluebird house out, I had a pair move in, and hatch some eggs. The next year I added a few more houses, and I've never seen another bluebird.

Linda, Sounds like your Kentucky Derby party could have been renamed a bourbon party. I agree with you, the hat you got for Kim would have been a winner!.

Tam...mmmmmm...strawberry rhubarb jam and rhubarb pie!! Sorry that you ae sick. Hope those germs stay away from Ken and Michael. Any progress on your dd's moving out?

Mary that picture of Luke with bis arms up in the air, is just great! he is such a cutie.

Toni, I sort of know how hard it is to not be able to be where your heart is. Glad you were able to see your mom yesterday, and that hospice is there to give a bit of help to your sis.

Hi there. I'm new to the "ville" and would love to join a nice group. Do you mind?

Hi , we're glad to have you.

I'm Cindy. I am married, have three adult children and four grandsons. we have a crazy Brittany spaniel named Sophie. I work part time as a critical care RN. I crochet, knit, sew, quilt, embroider, cross stitch, and garden. In short I will try anything that keeps me from doing housework.

I also like to "help" my hubby with his projects. (I'm not so sure that I'm always so helpful though!!

Welcome to our house!

I'm 62, married, and new mother to our latest furbaby, Heidi. She's a GSD and joins our 5 yo GSD Sparkie.

Oh, how adorable!!!:c9

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

[ATTACH]39033[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39034[/ATTACH]

Feel better, hon:hug:manyheart....and I have to say, your food pics had my mouth watering!

...My little Heidi DOES feel bigger! I have to carry her in sometimes because she hates being told play time is over. I'm so proud of her: she was just eating and stopped mid meal to cry and fuss...I took her out and she did everything:D

Off I go again...she's lonely...:lol

MamaSwan welcome to our house!

I'm Toni, will be 66 in June, moved to the mountains of NE Alabama 4 years ago and love it. Have two grown daughters, one grandson, one step great grand daughter and a great grandson on the way.

Archived