Granny Sampler Afghan (My crochet diary!)

katyallen815

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh that's what I was trying to think of, a stitch directory or dictionary! thanks! And you're right, will serve multiple uses! Thanks!

You could call it a "Stitch-onary"!!

I love it!! I think I will start one with all my smalls scraps and just make a square every now and then and one day I will have one like yours!

I think she has started something that a lot of us will be doing. :yes

Excellent! Im so happy to have inspired you all to do the same, it's a lot better than me stowing my extras and try outs in an old round popcorn tin in the craft room! LOL not to mention, I would love to see yours, wouldn't it be fun to see how different yet stunning they turn out!!

It was so fun, and I have already referred to it a couple of times, for a couple squares I really liked and would like to duplicate, most times, i can do it by just looking! Specailly if Ive made them before, no matter how long ago, the fingers seem to have a memory of their own! Good luck, would love to see others do this, and post some pics here, it would sure brighten up this thread! ha ha.....

What method did you use to put these together? I am not happy with the methods I've used and want to try something new. Your afghan doesn't look like there are ridges. That's what I am trying to avoid. Ridges. Thanks !

What method did you use to put these together? I am not happy with the methods I've used and want to try something new. Your afghan doesn't look like there are ridges. That's what I am trying to avoid. Ridges. Thanks !

Hi Scorpio,

Nope, no ridges, I whip stitched it from the back is all. Simplicity at it's best! It's as smooth on top, as a baby's, well you know, smooth! lol

gorgeous and what a great idea, I may have to do this with my scraps, there are a ton of squares I'd love to try

Just checking in, to see if anyone has started their own Stichionary yet!! woo hoo!

Not yet, but was trying to think of what to work on today. Need a portable project to take to my parents for the Super Bowl party. And this could be it. I have a granny square book (99 squares).

Time to go get my book, yarn, hook and then find an empty crochet project bag to put my goodies into. ( :rofl EMPTY crochet project bag!!! Not sure I have one of those. lol)

Not yet, but was trying to think of what to work on today. Need a portable project to take to my parents for the Super Bowl party. And this could be it. I have a granny square book (99 squares).

Time to go get my book, yarn, hook and then find an empty crochet project bag to put my goodies into. ( :rofl EMPTY crochet project bag!!! Not sure I have one of those. lol)

Well....I had good intentions. Brought the bag to mom's, filled to the brim with lots and lots of little yarn balls. The bag never made it out of my car. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
Well....I had good intentions. Brought the bag to mom's, filled to the brim with lots and lots of little yarn balls. The bag never made it out of my car. Oh well.

ha, it's ok, it will come when the time is right! I have that pamphlet too, and love it! I have checked off in the book all that I have made, and either kept a sample, or put it in my ghan earlier! lol

What a lovely afghan I do the same have many shapes of granny just to see what they are like. I love all the colors and types of square patterns you made it really is a work of art.

Hi crafty, it's sort of theaputic to me, when I have temporarily lost my creativity, easy to pick up and do a few squares, first to see if I can, and second if successful with the first, lol to see if I like it. When I am stumped on something to make, or tired of working on something Im on, I just do a few squares, till my mojo comes home again! ha ha :devil

Archived