2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I finished a baby afghan and a hat this week which gave me a +8 but then I had to buy yarn for my next project so now my score is

wtd 0, ytd +29

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've forgotten to post the last couple weeks because I've been so busy. Sorry everyone!

WTD -2

YTD -69

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 21

managed to use up 3 skeins so far on a blanket for donation, and been working too much to go shopping for more yarn. :)

Been busy all day at a garage sale for the American Cancer Society.

Didn't have a whole lot of time for crocheting.

WTD=+1 YTD=-6

WTD: +16, YTD: -2

Made 2 totes. One used a whole skein and turned a skein into a ball. The other used up the other 1/2 of a Caron Pounder. So another +4 to my score! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

This week, I've only used up one skein working on the shawl. So my score should be +2, right?? Nope.:ohdear Remember all the rug yarn my boss gave me in February? Well, I've tried to make hats with it, but it is just not the right yarn for that. Out the door it all goes to Good Will. Yup, all 100 skeins and 48 balls. :waving It has been sitting in two bags in front of my granddaughters toys. Poor kid. I really am not trying to force her to play with yarn...really...I'm not!! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

WTD = +250

YTD = -71

Even after destashing all that yarn, I'm still in the negatives for the year. I'm blaming my yarn enabler friend for that. lol (you know who you are :turtle)

Oh sure. I put all that yarn in your cart. :lol When you ready to shop again buddy??? :rofl

I started on turtles and used 2 balls (+2) :clap. I need more glue and eyes. I only have enough eyes for 15 turtles and I need 20 turtles. When I go to the craft store, I'll try to keep the :yarn out of my basket. I'll update my score, since it's not posted yet.

WTD: + 11 YTD: + 70

Ellie 13

I started on turtles and used 2 balls (+2) :clap. I need more glue and eyes. I only have enough eyes for 15 turtles and I need 20 turtles. When I go to the craft store, I'll try to keep the :yarn out of my basket. I'll update my score, since it's not posted yet.

WTD: + 11 YTD: + 70

Ellie 13

What :turtle ? I want to see the :turtle !

Stashbusting!!!

walker1021 +250 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

lhasaapsolady +20 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

TurtleLvr +16 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Ellie 13 +11

dragonpuck +8

pineknott +8

Shell Lee +6

fc1123 +2

CLLinda +1

Holding Steady!!!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Crafty Witch 0

cshort 0

FrLopLady 0

MouseCLP 0

yarn_geek 0

Stashbuilding!!!

cris -1

Braxxi -2

greyhoundgrandma -5 Shoot the Moon!!! - tag, you're it!:devil

Stashbusters!

lhasaapsolady +360 Gold Medal Winner!

dragonpuck +187 Silver Medal Winner!

pineknott +119 Bronze Medal Winner!

Ellie 13 +70

Mouse CLP +39

cshort +29

Shell Lee +21

Stashbuilders!

TurtleLvr -2

CLLinda -6

FrLopLady -9

fc1123 -11

BigPinkPolkaDot -16

cris -17

Crafty Witch -68

Braxxi -69

walker1021 -71

greyhoundgrandma -257

yarn_geek -568 Shoot the Moon Winner!

Fun fact: There are 928 points/464 skeins between the top and bottom scores. :blush

Wow! Shoot the Moon Winner with -5! Everyone was REALLY good this week!

If I didn't buy any more yarn (ha ha), I wonder how long it would take to crochet up -257!

Oh, well, somebody's got to be at the bottom.

Wow~ What a wide range of numbers this week.

Gold medal this week!!:cheer:cheer Shoot the Moon next week? :eek:eekA friend gave me two large shopping bags full of her grandmother's yarn. She meant to give it to me when I saw her at Christmas, but we both totally forgot. I'll count it up sometime this week. A lot of pretty colors ~ now to figure out what to do with them. :think:think

My order from Joann's is due this week, but I used up 3 skeins, 2 balls and turned a skein into a ball yesterday so I'm at +9 this week. The order will turn that to a negative, plus shopping with Mom today. Look out Moon here I come! :lol

Gold medal this week!!:cheer:cheer Shoot the Moon next week? :eek:eekA friend gave me two large shopping bags full of her grandmother's yarn. She meant to give it to me when I saw her at Christmas, but we both totally forgot. I'll count it up sometime this week. A lot of pretty colors ~ now to figure out what to do with them. :think:think

Uh, stash buster totes! :lol

Drat, I forgot to put in my totals! It was a busy weekend and I just forgot.

I think what I'm going to do is just add these to this week's totals...

Walmart got me for 9 skeins. Plus just tracked my Joann's order and its out for delivery. By the end of the day I'll be at -33. :lol

Walmart got me for 9 skeins. Plus just tracked my Joann's order and its out for delivery. By the end of the day I'll be at -33. :lol

Did the skeins just leap into that cart again???

Happens to me all the time... :lol

Did the skeins just leap into that cart again???

Happens to me all the time... :lol

They did! I'm glad someone believes me! :lol I can't blame Jana for it this time. :rofl

So upset that I didn't finish my scarf in time for it to get counted for the week ending April 30, but I finished this morning, so go me! I already have a +4, not to mention that bankers box of yarn I'm donating to charity. I didn't count it because it's still in my trunk waiting for me to swing by the post office.

:think:eek

My order from Joann's is due this week, but I used up 3 skeins, 2 balls and turned a skein into a ball yesterday so I'm at +9 this week. The order will turn that to a negative, plus shopping with Mom today. Look out Moon here I come! :lol

Uh, stash buster totes! :lol

:eek

yeah what she said :hook

I did start a scrap 'ghan for all the tote leftovers :lol

You can't blame me~~~you can't blame me~~~I was no where near you :rofl

They did! I'm glad someone believes me! :lol I can't blame Jana for it this time. :rofl

I'm so glad you and I agree on that :yes

So upset that I didn't finish my scarf in time for it to get counted for the week ending April 30, but I finished this morning, so go me! I already have a +4, not to mention that bankers box of yarn I'm donating to charity. I didn't count it because it's still in my trunk waiting for me to swing by the post office.

Scarf?? Oh, please post a picture. I love scarves (not to wear, just to make). And as far as the yarn in your trunk?? Girl?? You can count it. It passed thru the front door, going towards the outside. So, officially, it is out of your house. lol

Archived