2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Well, it looks like I'm about to fall off the yarn wagon again... :lol

Here I thought I was doing so well, giving away spare stash and industriously knitting and crocheting...

An acquaintance of mine has decided she wants to move back to the West Coast this June (Oregon). She grew up there and misses it. Also, her daughter is going to be going to college 2 hours from where she grew up. Anyway, she needs to get rid of possessions, to make the move easier, which means...

drum roll...

SHE'S GIVING AWAY YARN!!! :clap:c9:cheer:devil

Not sure what it's like, but, really, is there such thing as BAD free yarn??? :devil

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as of right now, my WTD is +1. it may end up staying at that count. Just got home from the Dr. I have influenza. :sick:sneeze:fever And of course, I got hit with the 3-10 day nasty version instead of the 24hr flu bug. Off work for at least 3 days, BUT i feel too crappy to crochet, plus I don't want to be touching my yarns and coughing on them/etc while sick. :(

Found out today that...daytime tv leaves a LOT to be desired. /sigh.

Shell - sorry you feel so blech. I had a migraine for four days before it hit me so bad Sunday night that Monday morning I spent 4.5 hours in the ER trying to get rid of it. I hate going to the doctor's. But I have to admit: The drugs they gave me were some pretty good stuff.

Anyway, I haven't felt like picking up my hook much since late Saturday; just before going into work that night. So at least you have a gain. I may not even get that this week.

Hope you feel better soon.

Shannon and Shell ~

My thoughts are with you both. I had bronchitis a little over a week ago. Knocked me down for a few days. Sure hope the drugs the dr's gave you guys gets you back on your feet and in your crochet zone soon.

jana

Well, went to dinner at Red Lobster with my husband last night instead of going to Mom's and watching Biggest Loser so I didn't get anything done on my 3sub and never got the chance to pick up my hook yesterday. Hoping to get some :crocheting done today. I want a good, positive number this week!!! :xfin

Thank you, wrennie and Jana. Feeling much better. Hoping to get in some serious hook time tonight and maybe even tomorrow.

Of course had a bout of spring fever hit today. Found this unusual thing in my living room. I think it's called a floor. I don't remember having seen it like this before.:lol:D:lol

But maybe I can find the thing I like to call a couch later on. It might still be under the stack of stuff that keeps growing there. :lol :lol :lol

Later everyone.

I thought I was doing better today. Even told the hubby that I was feeling more like my Bubbly self rather than like flat soda. Decided I wanted a hot sandwich from Subway, which is only 2 miles down the road. The cold air hitting my chest = coughing spasms. Fever hit again quick. And I'm ready to hit the couch again.

Influenza SUCKS! O M G

Sorry to hear that Shell. But at least it's a tiny step in the right direction. Maybe a couple more days. But if you get the hunger for a Subway sandwich, maybe you should just tell hubby what you want and send him?? All the better to avoid those nasty coughing spells. Those hurt bad.

Well, went to dinner at Red Lobster with my husband last night instead of going to Mom's and watching Biggest Loser so I didn't get anything done on my 3sub and never got the chance to pick up my hook yesterday. Hoping to get some :crocheting done today. I want a good, positive number this week!!! :xfin

You bring back memories...

My aunt was very wealthy, and had been to all the fine restaurants all over the world. Her absolutely favorite place to eat? Red Lobster! When she was in her 80's she just adored going there for their "Senior" day. :rofl

I still miss her...

I'd like to join again this year. Sorry for being late. I have been keeping track of my yarn usage, so I posted my YTD in my signature.

Good luck to all!

I'd like to join again this year. Sorry for being late. I have been keeping track of my yarn usage, so I posted my YTD in my signature.

Good luck to all!

Hi Braxxi :hi We missed you :hug

It is definitely true - some yarns have more to a skein than others. I'm making a lapghan for the man. It's striped. I'm making equal sized stripes in 2 different colors: Red Heart Royal and Red Heart Pumpkin (Illini colors) - I have gone through a skein and almost a half of the Royal but I'm hanging on to the last bit of the pumpkin's first skein! What's up with that! Same brand, same type, same weight, same everything but color! - yet the pumpkin is going a lot farther. I am using the same hook and same stitch...

WEIRD!

I'd be stashbusting faster if the stinkin' orange would get all used up like it was supposed to :P

It is definitely true - some yarns have more to a skein than others. I'm making a lapghan for the man. It's striped. I'm making equal sized stripes in 2 different colors: Red Heart Royal and Red Heart Pumpkin (Illini colors) - I have gone through a skein and almost a half of the Royal but I'm hanging on to the last bit of the pumpkin's first skein! What's up with that! Same brand, same type, same weight, same everything but color! - yet the pumpkin is going a lot farther. I am using the same hook and same stitch...

WEIRD!

I'd be stashbusting faster if the stinkin' orange would get all used up like it was supposed to :P

Is it the same amount of yards?

Ditto from last week.

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +3

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I missed work last week because of the fall I took (only worked Mon.). Weather was bad and I didn't want to fall again, so I didn't get to the library to check in. I'll add the scores for both weeks today. I did a lot of :crocheting. I worked on a hat but it never seemed to work out or fit right, so I did a lot of :frog too (hats just don't want to work for me :lol). I made 15 more heart pins (70 total) and used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. I'll have to get more pins and white thread if I need to make more. I went back to work this week, so less :crocheting time.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 15

Ellie 13

I haven't bought any more yarn (not that I haven't been tempted) but I also haven't been able to use up any. Of course between me and the baby being sick for 2 weeks, makes it kinda hard. Currently using a skein while attempting to make myself some vintage hats, though they keep fitting my daughter instead of me.

I'm not going to have access to a computer for the next few days and don't anticipate getting much crocheting done either, so I'll go ahead and post my score for the week. I guess it's not too bad since I started with a -12 and got down to -2.

I hope everyone has a productive or relaxing weekend--whichever they are aiming for.

WTD -2/YTD -43

Archived