2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up a skein friday and had to buy one saturday so they knocked each other off the charts. I think I am going to make yo-yo;s and granny daughters for Kristy today to break up the RR monotony. Maybe I can zap out some small balls that way.

Gotta remember to rewind my wtd to 0.

Shell, I love the lattice pattern to your afghan, where can I see it written out?

Yeah, thats pretty!

granny daughters?

I had never heard of them before now either. It's really just the first round of a granny square. She puts them together in a similar way to the yo-yo's. In Crochet for charity look at the Yo-yo's for charity topic.

I had never heard of them before now either. It's really just the first round of a granny square. She puts them together in a similar way to the yo-yo's. In Crochet for charity look at the Yo-yo's for charity topic.

I'll have to check that out. thanks!

I sure have missed something as I have not read through each and every post... How do you already have a -112 for the year:think:think:think

Looks like I missed the boat!:eek

It was a one step forward, three steps back kind of week. I bought nine skeins and used three, so I was -12 for the week.

Wow - there are a LOT of participants! Looks like the majority ended in the positive (although I know some of those negatives were from yarn orders... so big positives in the future!)

Exciting stuff - my first week in the + :) Now let's see if we can do that again!

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I never got to post this until now...

I had a wild and crazy trip to the LYS Sale earlier in the week, where I picked up 11 skeins (10 skeins of Ella Rae wool for 1/2 off - I couldn't resist), but I made up for it by giving away some yarn to two friends, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +32 YTD +38

:c9:cheer:clap

The cut-off is for posting scores is Mid-night, Saturday night, CST. Whoever posts the scores does not have to adjust it after the scores have been posted. If they feel in their heart to do so, they can, but they don't have to.

Just making this rule clear for everyone.

:manyheart

Here's to hoping that I have the energy to crochet this week. Barely even picked up my hook last week. But at least I held steady.

I just really need to get some more of these afghans done. Like I say, maybe this week. I'll just have to see.

I'm trying to resist the urge to go yarn shopping. I can hear the cries from my living room. I live only 1 1/2 miles from Walmart, and only 5 miles from Jo-Anns. :cry

I can feel the silky strands draped over my hands, see the pale yellows, the brilliant pinks, the calming blues, the serene greens... :dreaming

someone, please, handcuff me to the railing! :sweat:faint

Here is a larger picture of the afghan. I had already sent it to my niece so she sent the picture and it is a little yellow in tint. The joining method is from Drew Emborsky. The Crochet Dude. It's easy and pretty for 12 in squares.

Thanks for the compliments!

Michelle

post-34381-135897616694_thumb.jpg

Michelle, the afghan is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing another pic.

I was asked to make a special hat, so I had to go shopping for yarn. And I know it doesn't take two skeins to make a single hat, but he asked for green and black, so my WTD is -4, my YTD is +40

I sure have missed something as I have not read through each and every post... How do you already have a -112 for the year:think:think:think

:lol I dug myself a 96 point hole in the first week (post #161). :hyper:yarn:shop + :cake/:gift $= yarn_geek :devil

Michelle ~ The afghan is beautiful!! It is going to be treasured forever :)

I was sick all weekend and just saw that I won the big Shoot the Moon award. Woo Hoo!! Winning is so much fun! lol Right now I am working on Crochet Garden's Sandman afghan using Bernat Softee Baby. Love the afghan pattern, but the thinner yarn seems to take FOREVER to disappear. Ho Hum....

I'm trying to resist the urge to go yarn shopping. I can hear the cries from my living room. I live only 1 1/2 miles from Walmart, and only 5 miles from Jo-Anns. :cry

I can feel the silky strands draped over my hands, see the pale yellows, the brilliant pinks, the calming blues, the serene greens... :dreaming

someone, please, handcuff me to the railing! :sweat:faint

:lol:lol:lol

Busted 2 small balls making yo-yo's & granny daughters. I think I'll add a count to my boxing day count for those.

The cut-off is for posting scores is Mid-night, Saturday night, CST. Whoever posts the scores does not have to adjust it after the scores have been posted. If they feel in their heart to do so, they can, but they don't have to.

Just making this rule clear for everyone.

:manyheart

That's okay...I know I was late. I'm going to have to remember to put my totals in on Fridays from now on. I find that we get busy over the weekend, so I just forget on Saturday!

:blush

My desktop bit the dust last week; thank goodness for the new laptop. (Whoever said they hated typing on these things -- I'm with ya 100%!!) Just finished reading a week's worth of comments -- congrats to some for busting stash, congrats to others for holding steady, and congrats to everyone else for their new stash!

On the plus side, being computer-challenged gave me more time to crochet. I finished off three more balls last week in addition to the two I'd finished off last Sunday, so I'm +5 for the past week. I'll just add that to this week's score, if that's all right.

Archived