Quick Project Not Really

:lol So my husband whom I Love Dearly he does everything for me and is the Greatest Guy ever :manyheart He calls me last night he's out of town and says hey Hon would you mind making 11 somethings for the girls in the office :eek Then it goes to 15 :lol I decided what I'd make before I got off the phone.I don't mind doing it really but it would have been nice to get a little more time. I knew this might sound really familiar to some of you :lol

The nice thing is I get to go buy yarn and just might throw in some other stuff that I NEED :lol

Dontcha just love 'em!? My DH likes to sell things we make. I'll let him have a few things once in a while. Yesterday he says a lady wants to buy this hat and she wants to order 2 more! Not someting I really have time to do right now but OK and don't take any more orders! He's great at telling people "Hey, my wife can make that for you". 15 somethings?! Wow, I get burned our easily and really only want to make things that catch my eye. I'm terrible at mass production!

:rofl I love this! I occassionally get it from my husband (always at the last minute)...but more often from my mom.

She will go to a craft fair, find something she loves and send it to me. the last one had a note saying I thought of you while shopping at the craft fair and got this for you...could you make me 12 of those for the ladies I work with? It could be any kind of craft too. no shame at all!

:lol So my husband whom I Love Dearly he does everything for me and is the Greatest Guy ever :manyheart He calls me last night he's out of town and says hey Hon would you mind making 11 somethings for the girls in the office :eek Then it goes to 15 :lol I decided what I'd make before I got off the phone.I don't mind doing it really but it would have been nice to get a little more time. I knew this might sound really familiar to some of you :lol

The nice thing is I get to go buy yarn and just might throw in some other stuff that I NEED :lol

So? What are you going to make them? Afghans? :lol

I knew some of you could relate :lol Luckily my hubby does not sell things for me :eek He usually knows I'm busy with something. He did ask very nice and he was trying to save us some $ instead of buying all the girls something.

I'm going to make 15 Gingerbread Girls

post-73-13589760435_thumb.jpg

I knew some of you could relate :lol Luckily my hubby does not sell things for me :eek He usually knows I'm busy with something. He did ask very nice and he was trying to save us some $ instead of buying all the girls something.

I'm going to make 15 Gingerbread Girls

Perfect they will love them.:hook

I to can relate to this my lovely DH tells me a week out oh by the way we have a wedding to go to why don't you just whip up one of your afghans so we can give it to them.... REALLY"???? ok dear sure... lol I got it done with about an hour or two spare before we had to get there.. now I have some stashed away in case he comes home and say hey honey.... did it again to me last week I need a BDay gift what ya got made grrr... I could kill him sometimes

Wow I remeber when hubby was working downstate for the city of new york housing preservation and developement and he would take my hand crocheted items and sell them and come home with orders like they wanted them yesterday.. What???

Are you nuts i would tell him and he would say I can help you assemble and that he did what ever needed stuffing or eyes gluing etc he would help ...

I miss them days...

Now Its me that drives myself crazy as I make gifts for lab staff at the hospital the doctors office staff and the medical billing staff .. then for the animal hospital where i adopted foxie i make crocheted gifts for them all too 15 in staff all toghther..

This year I am short and short it will be I am pooped...

Your ginger bread girls will make a lovely gift... Please do show us photos of all of them together ...

hugs

Lillibet

So far my hubby has not done this. But who knows what he will/would do in the future. I do love your gingerbread girls. Its just the kind of Christmas present I would love to get. So I just know they will love them too.

• 2 weeks later...
Rose Yes my husband does that with babies too but he usually gives me more time :lol That never works for using my stash I always have to go get new yarn :)

This is so familiar. It was a very busy week for me at work, and then he expected me to make a blanket in a week. Needless to say, it took a couple weeks. And I did have to buy more yarn.

:lol

So very cute!! Love the gingerbread girls and snowmen! My daughters are like that--one wanted a couple of afghans for her friend's children, the other said make scarves for the teachers. Well they are all done!! Made 18 scarves (we have day care teachers to make for as well as school). Then DD says, I want a scarf for this friend and a different one for someone else. I guess they think I can just whip them up in a couple of minutes:rofl:rofl

Hey, those gingerbread girls are amazing! well done you for sticking at it and getting them all made! I try not to make the same thing twice although if it makes up quickly and easily sometimes its hard to resist!!! My daughter does this too, I made several flowers with brooch backs as christmas pressies. It does save money and its nice to give something handmade, just need a few more hours in the day ha ha ha!

Wow! You made 15 Gingerbread dolls and 2 Snowmen between Dec 7 and Dec 20?? That's amazing! No wonder your DH thinks he can make requests like this. I would be working on them into February, at least!

They're really cute, and I'm sure they'll be well received. I'm just amazed that you finished them so fast! That's more than one doll a day! :faint

• 2 weeks later...

ok here goes..... I'm only speaking of my hubby, he get jealous of my crafts, but when it comes to giving gifts to "his" friends.... Don't you have anything already made? NOOOOO!!!! I think to myself Ok this year I'm going to make some to have all ready, but low and behold other celebrations seem to get in the way.

I finished them :cheer They're on their way to the new homes right now I think my hubby was more excited to have them done than me :lol He added 2 snowmen to the list about a week in :lol

Good job and I agree with another response I would have been still crocheting in Jan. Actually, I would have stayed up all night and day till they were done..... Than slept through the Holiday. (haha) I was thinking and thought of another idea. Small doilies they could have kept under their cups or snowflakes.

Archived