Filet Long Tail Dragon

Dawn143

:)I had to try filet after seeing someone else's long tail dragon... This was my first project in filet... It was fun! I'm hooked on filet now...I made it for my uncle, he collects dragon's... Hope he will like it.. GBU!:manyheart

OOPS! Forgot to attach the pic... Next line!

It turned out great!!! How big did yours end up being? Mine turned out around 26 inches long, don't remember the measurement for how tall it was. Thanks for showing yours on dark green. That's the color that I am gonna back mine with and now I know what it looks like on green!

Filet is addictive ain't it?? I'm about six rows from being finished with my second filet project. And I already have lots of plans on the next 5 million projects I want to do!!!

Manda in Kent, WA

It turned out great!!! How big did yours end up being? Mine turned out around 26 inches long, don't remember the measurement for how tall it was. Thanks for showing yours on dark green. That's the color that I am gonna back mine with and now I know what it looks like on green!

Filet is addictive ain't it?? I'm about six rows from being finished with my second filet project. And I already have lots of plans on the next 5 million projects I want to do!!!

Manda in Kent, WA

:hookMine turned out to be 26 1/2" long X 12 1/2" tall. I added the edging tho... I loved doing this pattern. It wasn't hard, but I had to frog some... for a while, the head was over the tail and the tail was over the head... Wouldn't that have been something..LOL! I've just started a doily from Crochet World, "Let it Snow" in filet..I have to use size 10 thread tho, it calls for 30... to tiny for me to see. What pattern are you working on now? Thanks for the compliment... GBU!:manyheart

Thank you everyone for the compliments... I really, really enjoyed making this.. I ordered some books from Annies Attic to learn more on doing this art... Hope they come soon. I'm anxious! 50 yrs of crocheting and never did filet... Boy was I missing out.. GBU!:):)

:hookMine turned out to be 26 1/2" long X 12 1/2" tall. I added the edging tho... I loved doing this pattern. It wasn't hard, but I had to frog some... for a while, the head was over the tail and the tail was over the head... Wouldn't that have been something..LOL! I've just started a doily from Crochet World, "Let it Snow" in filet..I have to use size 10 thread tho, it calls for 30... to tiny for me to see. What pattern are you working on now? Thanks for the compliment... GBU!:manyheart

That's right about the size that mine came out!!

I just finished the Leaping Deer from About.com and I made a small pineapple doily (my first one ever!!). The deer is posted up over in the "Other Thread Crochet" forum and the doily hasn't been posted up yet. I just finished it last night but didn't take a picture because my camera batteries were dead. I did start another filet project last night but I don't know what the name of it is. It's from a book that just has pictures of the patterns, no instructions or anything like that. I was so proud of myself when I figured out the starting chain and got my first row done with the exact number of squares that I needed (never figured a starting chain before).

I've thought about trying the smaller threads but I think I'll stick with 10. Not too small and not too big!

Manda in Kent, WA

That's right about the size that mine came out!!

I just finished the Leaping Deer from About.com and I made a small pineapple doily (my first one ever!!). The deer is posted up over in the "Other Thread Crochet" forum and the doily hasn't been posted up yet. I just finished it last night but didn't take a picture because my camera batteries were dead. I did start another filet project last night but I don't know what the name of it is. It's from a book that just has pictures of the patterns, no instructions or anything like that. I was so proud of myself when I figured out the starting chain and got my first row done with the exact number of squares that I needed (never figured a starting chain before).

I've thought about trying the smaller threads but I think I'll stick with 10. Not too small and not too big!

Manda in Kent, WA

:)I'll take a look at your new project... I haven't been able to figure the starting chain yet... Still learning. You should be proud of yourself figuring out the starting chain jsut by look at the graph... Hope I get to that point... I can't see the little thread anymore, can barely see the 10... That's what I'll stick with too, the 10... I love making pineapples, they're sooo pretty... one of my favorite doilies... GBU!:manyheart

Your dragon turned out so pretty! You have "the eye" for filet.

I have wanted to make this doily for ages but have not tackled it since I am always into some other pattern(s). Maybe after the holidays.

Your dragon turned out so pretty! You have "the eye" for filet.

I have wanted to make this doily for ages but have not tackled it since I am always into some other pattern(s). Maybe after the holidays.

:)Thanks Rennie... you should try it... it was fun. Especially when the dragon started to develop... I'm afraid I'm hooked! Have some other things I have to do right now tho, so will have to put filet aside for the time being... I know the feelings, after the holidays... GBU!:manyheart

Archived