Pinwheel Sweater

amydepew

This is gorgeous. I'm going to have to dig through my stash and see what I've got that would work for this

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well my sweater is coming nicely BUT--- I am now on my 7th skein of Serenity Yarn and I still have at least another 6" or so until the front two sides meet. I had ordered 8 skeins and thought that would be enough to complete the project.

I am now trying to figure out how many more skeins I will need to do the sleeves. If anyone knows how many skeins it took to do the sleeves--please let me know...Love the sweater but I'm getting antsy about how much more yarn it may be to complete..............:eek

Hm... I used the same yarn and I believe I only used 7. HOWEVER, and that's a big however!, there is a possibility that I used more and didn't keep track of it. I used about 1 skein per sleeve, if I remember correctly.

Thanks ---today I started my last skein (#8)----with each stitch I wonder if I should buy more yarn or just give it up---I really liked this sweater but it sure is taking alot of yarn. I'm using a H hook and I don't crochet too loose or tightly...so not sure why it is using so much. I figure at this point I'll probably need at least 4 more skeins just to finish the sweater before thinking about the sleeves-----------UGH.

I may look for another pattern somewhere and start on something else :angry

Thanks ---today I started my last skein (#8)----with each stitch I wonder if I should buy more yarn or just give it up---I really liked this sweater but it sure is taking alot of yarn. I'm using a H hook and I don't crochet too loose or tightly...so not sure why it is using so much. I figure at this point I'll probably need at least 4 more skeins just to finish the sweater before thinking about the sleeves-----------UGH.

I may look for another pattern somewhere and start on something else :angry

Oh, but you have so much work in it already to give up! Maybe put it aside for a little while. You might have a change of heart.

These sweaters are addicting, I tell you. Before I even got in here to post the pics of MY finished sweater, I made one for my 9-year-old using Loops & Threads Impeccable in Soft Fern. Honestly, there is nothing 'soft' about this color, but DD loves it.

post-20536-135897626327_thumb.jpg

And, if you are not too tired of seeing this colorway, here is mine, finished :yaypost-20536-135897626323_thumb.jpg

I was able to wear it to the luncheon at my daughters' school, and it received a ton of compliments. Now, I have to start thinking, what colorway should I use, next :think Love, Love LOVE this pattern!!

Oh my gosh! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you are doing! Love the solid color, love the trim, love the striping color! I love this pattern too. So easy, mindless, and cool result. Thank goodness someone knitted one for me to copy; I am sure I wouldn't have thought it up on my own. LOL!

Oh my gosh! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you are doing! Love the solid color, love the trim, love the striping color! I love this pattern too. So easy, mindless, and cool result. Thank goodness someone knitted one for me to copy; I am sure I wouldn't have thought it up on my own. LOL!

WE are real glad, too :wink

hello from the UK.Thank you so much for converting this pattern to crochet.....I will be buying the yarn to make this as soon as I can and will keep you updated on my progress.

Again thank you.

I am loving all the pics of your beautiful work too....well done everyone:hook:manyheart

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

Here are 2 sweaters that I made. One is for my niece and the other is for my 7 year old daughter. She is modeling hers. This is a great pattern and I just love how with a little tweaking of the pattern you can change it to make it fit almost everyone. Thank you so much for the pattern.

As promised.....progress so far.

I am using a 4ply acrylic that I have in my stash,with a 3.50mm hook.

I think it would be the equivalent to a fine sock yarn.

As I am a big girl I think I will add an extra repeat under the arms to give me extra room and also a bit more swing.Will let you all know how it goes.

Heres a picture of the work so far.

post-46861-135897628208_thumb.jpg

Ladies sweaters are looking magnificent. I have still to get more yarn. The yarn store I got it at is closed for some reason. Been calling all week don't know why. Might have to order over internet. Keep the pictures coming

• 2 weeks later...

Here are pics of the Pinwheel I did for my daughter, I haven't made the sleeves yet and she got tired of waiting and wore it as a vest to school yesterday.

post-6373-135897632004_thumb.jpg

post-6373-135897632008_thumb.jpg

I am thinking about doing an edge and need to find a button still. Not sure if I will add sleeves to this one.

Hi all, I would love to make this sweater I was wondering how much yarn this would take? I know Amydepew said she used 7 skeins of her yarn but how much is that weight wise? Many thanks for any help you can offer, Im hoping I might be able to squeeze enough of something from my stash!!!

Hi all, I would love to make this sweater I was wondering how much yarn this would take? I know Amydepew said she used 7 skeins of her yarn but how much is that weight wise? Many thanks for any help you can offer, Im hoping I might be able to squeeze enough of something from my stash!!!

I am actually thinking I may have used 8 or 9 skeins now. I wish I had kept better track! And, as it was a gift, I can't weigh it now. :blush

Anyway, based on the weight of the yarn I used, if I used 9 skeins, that equates to almost 21 oz of lightweight yarn. It's thinner than the thinnest worsted weight, but I don't know that I would really call it fingering weight. More like a light sportweight. Hope that helps! :hook

Here is the information for the yarn that Amydepew used. This might give you an idea. Based on the yardage for each skein if you used 7 then it would be about 1300 yards.

100% Dralon Microfiber

2.29 ounces (65 grams) 185 yards

4"=23 stitches on size 5 needles

Suggested crochet hook: G6

We will try to match dyelots, but dyelots are not guaranteed

Machine wash and dry

Hope this helps.

Hediye

Thanks Amydepew and Hediye I think I might be able to work something out and as I am in the uk I think I will try our double knitting yarn! And the bonus is hubby says go and buy some if I dont have enough - bonus!!! Thanks again for your help I cant wait to get started!

Well I am STILL working on mine....Just today started my 2nd sleeve (yay)

I hope to have it done tonite or tomorrow. FYI-Although the pattern called for 7 skeins I am now on my 12th--of same yarn that was used in pattern. :crocheting

Got another ball of yarn today last one. She said she would order more if needed. After I get my doilyghan finished I am going to work on this some more. Sweaters are looking lovely I hope to get mine done before April.

This is AMAZING!! Thank you so much for this, i'm looking forward to giving this a go as soon as i have the wool. I love the work of the other posters on the site - really beautiful and inventive :) Thank you all for sharing photos too!

Well I am STILL working on mine....Just today started my 2nd sleeve (yay)

I hope to have it done tonite or tomorrow. FYI-Although the pattern called for 7 skeins I am now on my 12th--of same yarn that was used in pattern. :crocheting

LOL!! Yeah, I didn't keep the best record on the number of skeins used and since I made it for my mom, it was a bit smaller than I would have made. Had it been made for me, I might have used 50 skeins. LOL Anyway, I can't even weigh it now because it is being loved by her. Once I sat back and really tried to think about it, I probably used about 9 skeins...could have been more, but probably not. :think

Archived