Pinwheel Sweater

amydepew

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, Im about to have a go of making this sweater and I just have one more question(so far lol!!!). I wanted to know about the diameter part before the sleeve holes, do I just measure right across my shoulders or do I measure under arm to under arm? Im sorry, it sounds a bit daft when I write it down but I want to get it right first time lol. thanks again.

Thank you craftylady, thats what I thought, just wanted to double check. Got started on it today and I think I love it already!!! I also feel slightly obsessed with it, I cant bear to put it down!!

I am amazed that you could design this pattern. It is lovely. If you can design this pattern, you are w-a-a-a-a-a-y beyond my skill.

• 2 weeks later...

i made one like yours, only smaller and a little differently a few months ago!

they are very fun to make. i added scallops to the sleeves and shortened them, it's not very warm but i made it more for spring.

post-47827-135897639438_thumb.jpg

post-47827-135897639441_thumb.jpg

I know I'm a late-comer, but I'm working on one of these for my DD... with plans for one for me, one for my son's girlfriend... etc. :) I've read through all the posts, and I have to say everyone's sweaters are AMAZING!! Great job, everybody!! I can't wait to see how the one I'm working on turns out!! :)

I am working on my 2nd--The first done in the yarn that the origianl here was made in. Now I am making one for my DD that I am using ww yarn in pink camo---I like the way it's coming out

Can't wait to see!! :cheer

• 1 month later...

I finally finished the pinwheel sweater I was making for my daughter! I still need to put a couple buttons on it; and then I'll make sure I take some pictures to share!

Thanks again for an awesome pattern - my daughter loves her new sweater, although it took me so long to get it done, it's going to have to be a "campfire" sweater - otherwise she'll be too warm!! :lol

Presenting... :lol

Here is my first (but definitely not last) pinwheel sweater :hook - made for my daughter whose favorite color is... can you guess?? Yup! PINK!!!

post-25611-135897658677_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897658683_thumb.jpg

Thanks again, Amy, for a wonderful pattern! :yes

post-25611-135897658669_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897658673_thumb.jpg

post-25611-13589765868_thumb.jpg

:drool Oh, do I ever LOVE the way your Pinwheel Sweater turned out?!?! If my youngest saw it, there would be no question as to what my next project would be :lol. Gorgeous!! I like the short sleeves for this time of year, too :clap

You are amazing! I would love to be able to look at a knitted project and develop a crochet pattern like you did. Quite a talent! Your sweater is beautiful too!

:drool Oh, do I ever LOVE the way your Pinwheel Sweater turned out?!?! If my youngest saw it, there would be no question as to what my next project would be :lol. Gorgeous!! I like the short sleeves for this time of year, too :clap

Thanks Rii!! My daughter requested the short sleeves. I was only too happy to oblige!! :lol I wanted to try to do a scallop type edge, but when I asked her to try it on and see if the sleeve length was right, she got quite upset when I continued on the sleeves... :angry She said, "Mom!! I said it was perfect right where it was!!!" :blush Shame on me, I guess... :lol That's okay, though... I've already got at least two more planned!! :hook

Wow! That sweater turned out AMAZING! Love the short sleeves, and the edging along the front! I just love to see how something so basic gets turned into so many wonderful new concepts by so many clever, creative people. :)

Wow! That sweater turned out AMAZING! Love the short sleeves, and the edging along the front! I just love to see how something so basic gets turned into so many wonderful new concepts by so many clever, creative people. :)

Thank you Amy!! :hug The edging is just another color of yarn - I ran out of the candy print! LOL My daughter picked out that one (I would have chosen gray or white...) so I continued on in a new shade of pink. Then I did the sleeves the same color to try and tie it all in together. :D

The buttons are on opposite sides of the sweater, and hook into the holes left from the pinwheel pattern, so that's what makes that little "twist" on the front! :devil It was a fun, easy pattern that looks deceptively complex when completed. PERFECT!! :yarn

OH! And it has been quite chilly the past couple of days, so my daughter wore it this evening and plans to wear it to school tomorrow!! I'm quite pleased! :)

I love it, your daughter looks gorgeous in it.

I'm glad you listened to her too, I think that's very important.

My mum made a lot of my clothes when I was young, dresses, skirts, blouses, nearly anything really.

She would buy a pattern, promise to let me pick the material and ask how I wanted it then do it completely different saying "I like it better this way"

She even did it with my wedding dress which ended up nothing like asked for.

My sister came up from Washington state for a visit here in Wyoming and I sent my mom's vest back with her and she loved it, she wore it to work and got alot of compliments on it. My mom posted pics of her wearing it on facebook so I will have to see if I can snag one to put over here.

post-6373-135897661289_thumb.jpg

post-6373-135897661298_thumb.jpg

Archived