Stacked Hearts Scarf (82” inches x 4 ¾” inches)

champygirl

This is my first scarf pattern, I thought the stacked hearts from my square would look neat in a scarf.

I don't have a digital camera so I wont be able to post a pic of the whole scarf (sorry).

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stacked Hearts Scarf
post-11825-135897565889_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl August 27, 2010

Materials:

Soft Worsted Weight Yarn
(I used Caron Simply Soft and it took just 1-6oz skein that was 315 yards)
Size G hook
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 82” inches long x 4 ¾” inches wide

Notes:

When you dc in 4th chain from hook this will leave 3 chains free. These 3 chains count as dc.

Beginning ch3 counts as dc throughout pattern.

Directions:

Row 1: Ch23, 1 dc in 4th chain from hook, 1 dc in each of the next 19 sts, ch3 and turn.
(21dc)

Row 2: 1 dc in each of the next 9 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 10 sts, ch3 and turn.
(20dc, 1-ch1 space)

Row 3: 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 4: 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 5: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 6: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(18dc, 3-ch1 spaces)

Row 7: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, [1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st] Do this 2 times, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(17dc, 4-ch1 spaces)

Row 8: 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 9: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 10: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(18dc, 3-ch1 spaces)

Row 11: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, [1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st] Do this 2 times, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(17dc, 4-ch1 spaces)

Rows 12-69: Repeat Rows 8 thru 11 for Rows 12 thru 69.
(You should end with a Repeat of Row 9)

Row 70: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 71: 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, ch1 skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, ch3 and turn.
(17dc, 4-ch1 spaces)

Row 72: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(18dc, 3-ch1 spaces)

Row 73: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, ch1, skip next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 74: 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Rows 75-134: Repeat Row 71 thru Row 74 for Rows 75 thru 134.
(Ending with a repeat of Row 74)

Row 135: 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, ch3 and turn.
(19dc, 2-ch1 spaces)

Row 136: 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in next st, ch1, skip next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts, ch3 and turn.
(20dc, 1-ch1 space)

Row 137: 1 dc in each of the next 9 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 10 sts, turn.
(21dc)

Decorative Edge 1: [skip next st, 5 dc in next st, skip next st, sl st in next st] Do this 5 times.
(5 groups of 5 dc, 5 sl sts)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Decorative Edge 2:

Now you’re going to work in other side of starting chain.

Join yarn with sl st to bottom chain of beginning ch3 of Row 1, [skip next chain, 5 dc in next chain, skip next chain, sl st in next chain] Do this 5 times.
(5 groups of 5 dc, 6 sl sts)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl August 27, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

How pretty!! I may be spending a lot of time in the hospital/therapy center(my aunt just had knee surgery yesterdy morning, my mom has medical appts. coming up), so this scarf pattern may be just what I need while sitting..............thanx for the pattern!!:)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying to crochet on & off for many years. I have done some very simple things. I also look for something to make and always have a problem reading the instructions and following them. I have tons of started projects that I can never finish. I just wanted to tell you that I am making this scarf and love it. The instructions are so simple to follow. Thank you:day

Phyllis :crocheting

• 1 month later...

I knew when I saw this pattern, I wanted to make it for one of my sisters for her birthday in early November. I did make it in October, and your instructions were perfect. I used Red Heart Super Saver in dark plum and made just 3 hearts at each end with plain dc all in between. Then I strung different colors of ribbon through each heart. I wasn't sure if the ribbons made it too cutsy, but I left them in, figuring we could remove them if she didn't like that idea.

Well ~ she loved it! That I would make something for her with hearts in it, and she loved the ribbons too! We are women in our 50's, not little kids, ha, ha, ha!

Actually, she liked it so much, she wanted a little hat to go with it, so I made a beanie type hat with the same dark plum in dc, then edged it with a couple rnds of sc in a variegated I had on hand that had the ribbon colors in it. Just for a little extra, I made a little flower out of the same variegated and tied it on the very top. That little touch really made the colors come together more, and I am so please to have made this set for her.

Thank you sooooo much for this pattern.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived