sending husbands to get yarn

Ok, so there is a project I want to start on so I sent my husband down to the local yarn store to get "3ply pompadour yarn white" he came home wigh nothing saying the lady at the store had no idea what I was talking about. Strange since I had been talking about this project for months and she should have known exactly what I wanted (small towns she knows my husband) so I am wondering what the confusion was. She told my husband she had no idea what pompadour yarn was, but when I talked to her she was very familiar with what I needed. Yes, It was the same sales person working each time. Why do I get the strange feeling that my husband never made it to the store and gave me a story instead?

Exactly what I was thinking when I was reading your post He never went :lol Yeh there are a few things I wouldn't ask my hubby to go buy me and yarn is one of them. Unless maybe I was in the hospital and my house burned down so there was no yarn at home :lol

When I want something I write it down exactly so he can just hand it to the lady and she can pick it out.

The one time I didn't he was so good. I wanted baby pink caron pounder and she gave him hot pink eyelash yarn. He didn't bring it home.

When I want something I write it down exactly so he can just hand it to the lady and she can pick it out.

The one time I didn't he was so good. I wanted baby pink caron pounder and she gave him hot pink eyelash yarn. He didn't bring it home.

He's good ;)

It's like when my hubby tells me to go get something out of his messy tool chest. It's a dreaded thing for me to hear because nothing is ever where it should be and he's impatient :lol

I would have to say that my husband would know what i was talking about because he also ueses yarn, He is a fly fisherman and he ties his own flys so sometimes we share yarn. so if anyone out there has a little ball of yarn they can't use he could use it just let me know.

It's like when DH sends us to the auto parts store. The man starts asking me questions, I have no clue what he's talking about, and I end up buying stuff telling them I'll be returning it if it's the wrong thing cause I wasn't given clear instructions by 'the boss'.

This is where cell phones are a wonderful thing. My hubby calls and reads me labels etc lol

That's what I do, I write it down or I give him the band from the yarn or like Quietheart says, he'll call me.

If you're in doubt that he didn't even go, you should call the lady to ask her if he was even there. I know I would.

Carol:hook

I do not ask my husband to buy my yarn for me...unless I have the label from the yarn...it's just too complicated otherwise, even if it was a simple skein of Red Heart you know?

It sounds to me like your husband gave you a song and dance and didn't go to the store for whatever reason.

My husband would get the yarn if I asked him to, but I know just from him going to the grocery store that I have to be painfully explicit in telling him what I want...I have to write notes, I have to be detailed, I have to show him labels and even then, sometimes there's a mix up...I just don't even want to go there with yarn.

Does sound like a STORY to me. I couldn't ever send my husband to buy yarn. He would say that I had enough and that I need to use up what I have. Even if it is not the right color.

But, think of it this way. Do you shop for his hobby? I know I wouldn't know the first thing about fishing lures or anything like that for my husband.

:manyheart

I hope that I don't get that desperate that I have to send my husband after yarn.He can't even find the toilet tissue in the bathroom with yelling at me first.

I've never sent hubs to buy yarn. Everytime I think of asking him, I remember when we first got married and I was being "the perfect wife" and offered to go to Lowe's for him for a few things. I had a list with names/brands/specifics of what he needed, and I still ended up getting so frustrated that I broke down into tears in the sawblade department. I still have little mini panic attacks everytime I walk into that store WITH him, I can't imagine him putting him thru that for yarn!

I've never sent my husband, that would totally take the fun out of it. :lol I have tried to help men in the yarn section at Wal-Mart, etc. though. Usually they are stubborn and don't listen anyway.

This reminds me of the time I ran out of "real teal" and asked hubby if he minded If We could take a quick shortcut thru yarn section... (we were there for something for him).. and he said as long as i dont take a hour lol... well I coudnt find the real teal.. and He suddenly gose.. isn't that it.. and pointed to a scane... and i was shocked with his correct guess!!!.. i did say i should have u do this more. n he said he only knew cause It seems all i do with every second of my day is ******* crochet on that afghan... ****..

I won't ask him to shop for yarn for me.. I just want him to start grocery shopping again LOL

I will ask him to drive me to the yarn store, he usually will and he sits in the car and listens to the radio.

My boyfriend is always intrested in my projects!! He is always asking me what Im working on and what colors of yarn. Then when I call him n tell him to pick it up hes already seen it!! Alls I have to do is remind him of it!! I doubt he really is intrested in my projects but pretends to be because he is very loving!!

Archived