Butterfly Bag

LovesGrannySquares

When my niece saw my Independence Day bag she wanted one for herself, except she wanted a pink and black one. I had some Red Heart Super Saver yarn (my very least favorite yarn) so, I whipped this up for her. I used Apak's butterfly pattern and Attic24's bag pattern.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105231...i

post-36160-135897540102_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897540106_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the kind comments. I discovered that I can crochet faster with acrylic yarn and it doesnt hurt my hands so much (carpal tunnel), but I really hate the way it feels. I started this bag Saturday morning and I finished it this evening. Keep in mind I only made it 5 increase rows on the bottom which makes it 7 inches round and it's only about 9 inches deep. I used a "G" hook. On the butterfly I could not follow the written directions but I breezed through the drawn instructions. This bag was fun to make!

Dawn, your butterfly bag turned out so very cute! Your color combo is a kick and the butterfly embellishment finishes it off perfectly.

Oh my goodness, I think that's my new favorite purse. Beautiful work! Maybe I will try to make one to go with my many other purses.:blush

Archived