Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

no, I don't think you're crazy at ALL! That's the kind of mom I want to be.

I will pray for his safe return to you :hug

OH! and enjoy your tunisian class. I am not very good at that, as everything curls up too much... maybe one of these days I will get the patience to try it again. I can see where your hands would be crampy, although it's something good to keep your mind busy tonight.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure everything will turn out with the prom, FosterMom. You'll have to fill us in on how it went!

Wow, you all have lots of children! I can't believe you have time to clean and crochet! I have one child, a beautiful DD who is 4. :manyheart

I'll look into that join-as-you-go method.

Ok, non prom son home safe and sound. He went to the movies with the other non prom going guys LOL. Actually I think he was mad cause the girl he likes and mom likes too went with another guy cause he was too shy to ask her!

Prom going son is going to the diner and will call me when he gets there. So far so good. Thanks for hanging in with me through this mom stuff its so different then with a girl.

OMG listen to this, today DS2 senior pics came and he looks more like my daughter than he does his twin brother! Especially with his hair longer than mom likes but you pick your battles. I could tell people its her! He did not like hearing that at all.

Ok, will try this tunisian again while I await the diner call! LOL

Diner call came and the diner is right around the corner so I can pretty much rest easy! 6 uneven rows of tunisian done. Not sure I am liking this but I will hang in and keep trying.

Thanks for the nice words LeaAnne. He is a good kid but he is still just 16 and his head manages to slip up him badorkus every now and then! :)

:lol I love how you word things! :lol

"Badorkus" I am gonna remember that one!

Glad he is safe... I wanted to hang in there with ya...

so now, :yawn I will go get some rest too.

Hey... wow! 6 rows?! that's terrific! How many stitches or how wide are you going?

Hi All!!!! TY TY all for all the congrats and good lucks!!!! I really appreciate it, and you could never know how much :hug:hug:flowerLooks like everyone has had a fairly good day. I didn't get any cleaning done, but that is ok as I accomplished a lot yesterday. I am just getting home. I have been gone since 2 this afternoon. I went to school for graduation rehearsal and let me tell you, the man that was leading the practice was such a horse's behind. :eek:eekI could not believe he was so rude to us. They gave us absolutely no instruction prior to rehearsal. So we all just got our name cards, yearbooks and tshirts and just found a seat in the bleachers until it was time to start. WELL, he got mad because some of us were in the bleachers on the wrong side. How were we supposed to know what side to sit on, no one told us. Then he told us when he called our college/dept. then we were to go down and take a seat where the marshall told us. OK, no biggie, until the college of business went down and started taking seats, and he hollers in the microphone, "What is the problem, why can't you all understand that you are to just take a seat. So they all just sat down and then he hollers again, "What are you doing, you can't sit there.:rofl It was just a mess. Then he tells us we are "supposed to be college graduates". OK so why are you talking to us like pre-schoolers. Then we marched out and he starts yelling at this girl who was wearing a pink shirt and he was calling her pink shirt. She was "in his eyes" supposed to be leading her row out but the Marshall wouldn't let her because the row before hadn't finished coming out. When we were marching back in he started screaming and yelling because the lines had stopped and he screamed at the marshalls and said this will totally not be acceptable during the ceremony tomorrow keep those lines moving. He wasn't taking into consideration that on the right side there is a young man in a wheel chair and on my side (the left) there is a handicapped lady who can't walk as fast/as well as the rest of us. IMHO they deserve to be in the line walking no matter how long it takes them to get to their seat or if they are the cause of the lines stopping. Plus, there were people coming in late that the marshalls were trying to fit in the lines with there school. I will be glad when this whole ordeal is over. And I truly hope he isn't on stage with a microphone tomorrow. A few of the students said a couple of rude things to him but it was just an awful rehearsal. He literally acted like we should already know what to do, as if this is something we do everyday. Yeah, I have graduated twice, once from HS and once with my AS, but every one has been different.

Sorry I just needed to rant a little bit.

Ty astitchintime!!! I have to admit, sometimes I don't know how I keep up with everything. And it isn't easy. A lot of long, sometimes sleepless, nights. But I am happy:). I think it keeps me young, even though I have a lot of grey hairs :lol:lol.

Fostermom- Glad everything went well for your prom and non-prom sons!!!!:cheer:clap:yay At least you had a project to kinda sorta keep your mind occupied.

Colleen- I hate joining squares too until I learned the Join as you Method. Now I really like it. Here is a link to the method that I use. And here is a link to a lapghan I made using that method. Good luck trying one of the Join As You Go Methods. Makes things so much easier.

http://www.yarncat.com/JoinAsYouCrochetGS.html

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96902&highlight=child+lapghan&page=2

Well ladies, I am off to bed as I have to get up at 4 in the morning and leave my house by 5:15 to go pick up my parents and oldest son. I have to be at school by 7:30. I probably won't be here until late evening as we are going shopping (hopefully for some :yarn) and out to eat but will come in to check and see how everyone is doing!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday:yes:yes:hug

Scooby good luck and what a jerk that guy was! I dont know what ppl are thinking sometimes.

LeaAnne thanks for hanging with me. All sons home and in bed safe and sound. Whew. Glad Senior Prom is a year away!

Nite all

Good morning and Happy Saturday! Got up early and already got in some cleaning- taking a quick break with :coffee and checking in.

Foster mom-It's tough being a mom on prom night-glad you had the tunisian project to keep you busy- that is something I have never tried. Those are the days I don't miss :)

LeaAnn-amazing that you did all those bookmarks- and I like the 180 stitches for 180 days idea. Amazing that you got that all done with 4 kids! I am impressed! I'll be heading up to Boston Memorial Day weekend- DD is taking me to a Red Sox game @ Fenway- (should be fun even though I am a Yankees fan) I really love it up there- I think I pass Woburn (or is it another town that starts with W) on my way to see her (she actually lives in Somerville and works in Boston)

Scooby- graduation rehearsal sounds like a mess. And it does sound like they were treating you all like you were graduating from pre-k instead of college. Hope that today goes really smooth and again :clap Congrats!

I saw in another thread that Michaels is bringing out their own brand of yarn and they are having clearance sales on other yarns- so of course I'll have to head over and see if the one by me has any good deals on:yarn. (not that I need any more yarn, but hey, you can never have enough:yarn can you?

Looks like I went to bed too early for all the excitement around here!

FosterMom :cheer all sons home safe. I'm so glad! Hopefully now you can find some calm.

Scooby, I'm sure today's graduation will go smoother than the rehearsal. In the end, all that matters is that everyone gets their diploma with dignity, right? Clearly that man was in over his head! At any rate, I hope you enjoy(ed) your special day. TY TY for the join-as-you-go method. I'll give it a good read and maybe a try some day soon. I like your saltines blanket. A very nice memory item for the great-grandchildren of your neighbor.

Well, it is raining here. We are off to have a mother's day lunch with my mom. For the rest of the day, there is a spot on the couch waiting for me and my :hook and :yarn are calling my name! Scrap blanket number 2 might get started today.

Is anyone still planning on doing that kitchen towel? I've made a start of it just to get my bearings. Should work up fairly easily.

:coffee

Good Morning!

Scooby: I hope today goes well... Enjoy every moment of what you've earned:hug (btw... somebody should remind that jerk of how to treat college grads with respect and dignity... when today is over, of course! :angrythat bugs me, when people are disrespectful! there is NO excuse for it)

We are all very proud of you!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Joanne: Yes, you pass Waltham and Woburn if you are coming all the way up 95 (I live only about a mile from the highway)... I will be watching that series with my family, while I do the May Charity Along CAL. You can't beat a good Sox/Yankees game... there is always so much excitement! You should have a BLAST! I love Fenway Park.

Colleen: I really want to do that towel, too... I think I will work on it during "cleaning breaks", and work on my WIP's at night.

FosterMom: hope you got some good sleep!

Well, I got to get my "badorkus" moving :rofl.

I have laundry, t-ball, a birthday party, grocery shopping and a softball game today... I will be back a little later on with my :hook & :mug

Happy MOTHER's DAY weekend, everyone!

Hi everyone

Glad to here everyone got home safe from prom and non-prom nights.:cheer:clap

Scoobydoo congrats on your graduation and :P to the man in charge.... hope today goes better.

Colleen once you try the join as you go method with the squares you will never do them any other way. I just love it.

I crochet alot of things. I do craft shows with my oldest DD. I love to do afghans the most.

I also have 3 children, DD 30 next month and has 2 children DS 27 no children and DD 23 1 child.

I better hurry and get off computer it looks like we are gonna have a storm. P.S. Iam going out on a date with hubby tonight.

Welcome Happy Bunny!

Miss Scarlet- have fun on your date tonight!

Colleen- forgot all about the towel- yes, I would like to try-

Lea Anne- Actually the game I'm going to is Red Sox/Mets- (interleague game), but no matter- I love baseball- and am really looking forward to seeing Fenway. My DD was never a fan of baseball until she moved to Mass 5 years ago- now she is a die hard Red Sox fan!!!

Scooby- Hope graduation was fun!

I went to Michaels today- got 6 skeins of Vanna's Choice and a peaches and creme ball for 99 cens each! They had some Bernat Boucle for 99 cents each too, but I've never used it so even for 99 cents was reluctant to buy- have any of you used it? They had plenty! They had lots of 99 cents bins but alot of it was gone already. I went to another Michael's cause I wanted to see what they had and it was a bust- there was nothing marked down. Anyway, I got my bedroom totally clean today- nothing laying around- all furniture polished, sheets changed and mattress turned, vacuumed and even convinced DH to clean off all the stuff he had on his nightstand! Kitchen and bathroom cleaned too. Watching baseball and going to pull out the:hook and :yarn

Sounds like you had a busy day, LeaAnne. Hope it was fun! :)

Enjoy your date tonight, Mary! Lucky you! It is NHL playoffs and, like every Saturday night from Oct. to June, there is hockey on TV at our house. So, we rarely go out on a Saturday night. But I always have my:crocheting :lol!

:welcome HappyBunny.

WTG Joanne--you got lots done today! Enjoy the baseball.

I still have to finish the cleaning in my bedroom. Still have the closet to clean out and the window to wash, so that one is carrying over into a second week. :blush. I got nothing much done today. Just the daily must-do's. But, we had a nice lunch with my mom and dad.

Glad to hear I'll have company for the towel. :clap HappyBunny, if you are interested in joining us, some of us are going to crochet the loop to loop kitchen towel (link to pattern is in post #51).

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms in this CAL. Enjoy your day!

Hi, ladies!

:whew... It was a busy day, but a lot of fun:yes.

Hey, HappyBunny! :welcome to the gang! it's a nice group :ghug and we're glad to have you joining us! :clap

Joanne: You got so much done! good for you:cheer

Oh, and since you're seeing the Mets play the Sox at Fenway, at least we'll be routing for the same team :devil:heehee:wink ... and glad to hear that your daughter has learned to love the game, too... Boston can do that to you :rofl

btw... I have used that Boucle yarn... it's not bad, pretty durable. It makes nice scarves & wraps/throws IMO... I found it easier to use with a bigger:hook. At $0.99, it's worth a shot to try it.

Mary: Hope you had a nice date! That's a wonderful treat, isn't it?

and Colleen: I wish I had a dollar for all of my "carry-over" chores... I would be very rich :rofl! But, I have a good feeling that we're gonna get it done together :wink

hey, Scoob & FosterMom: Just wanted you to know I've been thinkin' boutcha today :hug

As a side note...

Here are my big chores that I need to start hitting (my Ultimate :yuck list!):

clean out garage

prime and paint 2 bedrooms

switch wardrobes over to summer clothes

I need to come up with a very special "reward" project for each of those:devil... you know what I mean:?

Well, that's it for this chick tonight... nitey-nite :sleep

:rose:rose Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!! :flower

I wish you a restful day:rainbow:c9, filled with all of your favorite things to do:manyheart... and NO HOUSEWORK! :devil

Happy Mother's Day to all! and I second what Lea Anne said- No Cleaning today!!!! I may just have to take another trek to Michael's today and pick up some of the Bernat Boucle for 99 cents! They had a lot yesterday.

Since Lea Anne started a list of big projects that need to be done here is mine:

Clean out the garage (with the help of DH)

Switch out winter/summer clothes (didn't get that done yesterday)

Wash the windows (luckily we replaced windows a couple years ago and they all tilt in :yay)

Well, ladies- enjoy the day and here are some :flower for you!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Sounds like you got a lovely gift, Joanne. I got the gift of sleeping in :c9, two stepping stones for my garden:garden, and a Forsythia tree/bush, one of my favorites! :flower Lucky me, Lucky me! Oh yes, and I have a very excited and loving little girl in the house today, so happy to make mommy happy :manyheartOh ya, and I'm not cleaning today either.:queen

My list of yucky chores:

- Finish cleaning the bedroom closet, window (We changed our windows to tilt ins a couple years ago too and I love them!)

- Clean out the office/general dumping ground. I've made a start by working on using up my stash/scraps (Oh honey, I have to :crocheting, I'm cleaning out the office!:rofl). We want to get a twin bed into the room to make a spare room. It's a tiny room, so I need to get rid of a lot of junk!

- Clean out the front hall closet--mitts and hats and scarves everywhere!

- I will be mowing about once a week until DH is well enough to do it again, so hang in with me through that one. I'm trying to convince him to fold laundry for me in exchange for all the chores I'm doing for him.

That's enough to tackle, for now. I'm enjoying this CAL/HAL very much. When I have to clean, I just think about you fine folks and I don't feel so alone doing it!:ghug

:rose:rose:rose Happy Mother's Day to you all:rose:rose:rose. I hope that everyone is having a spectacular day. I haven't done anything today, but lay around and sleep and whatever :c9:c9.

Yesterday was such a long day.Graduation went very well but was long. We got home around 4:30, I was too tired to go :shop:lol so we just went out to eat, and I ran in Target to pick up a few things. When I got home, I found a box on my porch. It was 2 dozen red :rose from my dad and step-mother who live in SC. I got them all fixed up in their vase, did a general pick up and I was in bed at 7:lol:lol.

I really missed you all yesterday. Got to school and they put us in the hallways where we stayed for almost 2 hrs before the ceremony started at 9 :eek:eek. While back there I was thinking about you all and it kept running thru my head "Man, I could be at home on the ville checking on my friends and seeing what they are all up to for today :lol" I should have taken a :hook and :yarn and :crocheting. But then I couldn't take it out to my seat with me:lol.

TY TY all for thinking about me yesterday!!!! You are the greatest!!!!!!:hug:hug:hug:ghug:dance:flower

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!!

Scooby- glad graduation went well.

Joanne- what an awesome deal you got! I should hit up our Michaels, Vanna's is my favorite.

Happybunny- welcome! :welcome

Again, I haven't done much cleaning. My poor clean clothes are still sitting in the basket in the bedroom. Thankfully they are all mine, and not dh's, or else I would hear about how wrinkly they are getting. :lol:blush Just for the record, I don't usually leave clothing to sit that long but it has been a very, very long week. Thursday well well with Mommy and me but dd wasn't really active, she mostly watched during song and play time. She did like art and made a cute little hand print for me. That night she woke up screaming and crying that her ear was hurting. So Friday morning we went to the dr- sure enough, ear infection.

As I was leaving the pediatrician's office, I got a call from dh that his cousin had been stabbed Thursday night in a well-populated and kinda ritzy area of the Valley (Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks/Encino.) It is my daughter's godfather and he is just the sweetest guy, very caring and attentive to the kids, etc. So I pretty much just stayed home and waited for updates, and was in too much of a tizzy to clean or anything. He underwent a surgery because his upper intestine had been pierced, but thankfully they did not get any major organs.

Saturday dh and I went to see him for most of the morning while the kiddos stayed with dh's parents. Afterward we went to lunch and dh worked on his truck. We went out for a late dinner with dh's parents. Everything is so crowded on Mother's Day that we figured we'd beat the crowds, but every single restaurant we tried had almost an hour wait. LoL So that kind of backfired but we had a nice dinner anyway.

Today we are just hanging around the house. My dad sent me some money for Mother's Day and I'm thinking of going to see if our Michaels has any good clearance. My IL's are going to the hospital today so we can't as they are our sitters. Dh will go after work tomorrow.

:hi, all! :flower

I had a wonderful day... :rainbow:c9

I got to sleep in, did No housework, and we got to go to dinner at one of my FAVE restaurants... now the RedSox, Celtics, AND Bruins are all playing tonight! I am in HEAVEN! 'can't even remember the last time I got to just RELAX this much! I am just now getting 'round to do a little :crocheting... It's great to be the :queen, right?

Joanne: what a cool book you got! Your dh sounds like a sweet guy :yay Did you get to Michaels?

Colleen: it sounds like you had a beautiful day, too! Wow, a forsythia & garden stones! Very nice!:yes

Scooby: Glad you got some well deserved rest, and that you had a great day yesterday. :manyheart

And Stacy.... You and your family are in my prayers... that is sooo scary! I hope your dh's cousin recovers quickly :hug AND I hope you got to enjoy your day today.

have a great night off, everyone! I'll "see ya" in the a.m. with my :mug:hook (after I clean up the house and throw in a :wash of course! :devil:lol)

:ghug You, friends, are truly wonderful :tup:bounce

Well, looks like everyone took a well deserved day off from housework:clap. I went to brunch with youngest DD and sil, his mother and two brothers, SIL's oldest brothers wife and her parents and brother. It was so nice and felt like a :queen! Didn't get to Michael's, but that's ok. On the way back from the restaurant, got to stop at a JoAnn's and picked up round handles for the FBB that I am going to attempt. (There is no JoAnn's by me so it was a pleasant suprise to pass one on the way home!)

Stacey- that is so scary and I am saying prayers and sending :hug to you! Hope all turns out well.

I'll be watching the Celtics tonight- I am a sports nut and watch whenever I can (it goes along with the :crocheting!) I went to a Bruins hockey game with oldest DD in January at the Bahston Gahden (isn't that how they pronounce it up there, Lea Anne:D:haha) Must say the Hurricanes are good (hey they beat my NJ Devils :devil)

Well all have a good rest of Mother's Day- :yay:manyheart. I'll check in again tomorrow night after work- won't be getting much done on the cleaning front tomorrow other than throwing on a load of :wash and general tidying up.

I do enjoy all of your company:hug:manyheart:crocheting

Happy Mother's Day :)

I had a great day, slept in this morning and had a nap this afternoon and was just being plain lazy. I will make up for it tomorrow with cleaning and laundry.

Dh took me out to a dance last night. We knew quite a few people there and we had a great time.

Stacy i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Iam glad to hear everyone had a good day.

Archived