Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

I didn't get any cleaning done today (unless cleaning up from dinner counts--I say :yes it does, since if DH cooks, I get to clean up the mess) I leave at 6:30 for work and had to run a few errands on my way home and didn't get in until 6 this evening.

I am all for working on something special for ourselves- after all we deserve it:yay

Good luck on the exams Scooby- it will be nice when you can spend your time :crocheting!

Well, off to find the :hook and :yarn!

I say cleaning up after dinner counts too. It is cleaning!

I think I may try the loop to loop dishtowel. We never have enough of those in this house. Course I have to get some cotton yarn so schucks looks like I have to visit AC Moore, bummer :devil Anyone wanna join me in making it?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say cleaning up after dinner counts too. It is cleaning!

I think I may try the loop to loop dishtowel. We never have enough of those in this house. Course I have to get some cotton yarn so schucks looks like I have to visit AC Moore, bummer :devil Anyone wanna join me in making it?

hey, that's cute... when did you say you were gonna start it? I need to focus on WIP's for a few more days :sigh... but then, this sounds like fun!

This HAL/CAL is awesome! I got right to work on cleaning the bedroom this morning and spent 1 hour and 15 minutes vacuuming and cleaning baseboards and walls. I still have lots of work to do -- cleaning closets, drawers, etc. But I've got all week! And at the end ... new yarn and a project for me, me, ME! (I never do anything for ME!:)). And all the while I was doing it I was thinking of everyone here. "I have to do it", I told myself, "I promised everyone at the HAL/CAL that I would." :cheer

Has anyone here ever worked with 2 strands of yarn at a time? If so, do you use two balls or do you take the inside and outside strand of one ball? I started a basket today that calls for 2 strands of ww cotton (which is hard to work with in the first place because it splits). Anyway, it's kinda challenging.

Nice loop to loop towel pattern FosterMom - look forward to hearing how it goes.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Yay, Colleen! I am proud of you! :hug and don't worry, we'll be right here to hold you to that "me time", too!

FosterMom: I will let you know when I am ready to go... I really could use that towel in my kitchen, so I better hurry up and :box those WIP's!

I think Monday would be a good target date... anybody else wanna join us (Scooby:lol)?

This HAL/CAL is awesome! I got right to work on cleaning the bedroom this morning and spent 1 hour and 15 minutes vacuuming and cleaning baseboards and walls. I still have lots of work to do -- cleaning closets, drawers, etc. But I've got all week! And at the end ... new yarn and a project for me, me, ME! (I never do anything for ME!:)). And all the while I was doing it I was thinking of everyone here. "I have to do it", I told myself, "I promised everyone at the HAL/CAL that I would." :cheer

Has anyone here ever worked with 2 strands of yarn at a time? If so, do you use two balls or do you take the inside and outside strand of one ball? I started a basket today that calls for 2 strands of ww cotton (which is hard to work with in the first place because it splits). Anyway, it's kinda challenging.

Nice loop to loop towel pattern FosterMom - look forward to hearing how it goes.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I make most of my afghans with 2 strands of yarn. I try to use two balls at once. I've tried it with using the inside and outside strands but it gets all tangled up about halfway through the ball. Which makes me frustrated and not want to finish. :blush

When I use two strands I use two skeins. I never thought about using both ends of one. I would worry it would tangle but I seem to have the tangle touch, EVERYTHING tangles.

You can join us in the loop to loop towel I bet you need one.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm????? LOL I think it is an easy, mindless project.

LeaAnne just yell when you are ready. I forgot that I start the tunesian (sp) class Friday with Kim. Another project added. I truly better get cleaning! HA HA

I'm in for the loop to loop towel. I just finished a tote bag tonight (earned it after the cleaning this weekend and tonight). Now to spend the next few nights cleaning after work to earn more:crocheting time!

Foster Mom- I looked at the pattern and it doesn't say how much cotton yarn- Do you know? Next week looks better for me to start this.

Night all- I should have been in bed hours ago, but couldn't control the "one more row" syndrome!

I'm in for the loop to loop towel. I just finished a tote bag tonight (earned it after the cleaning this weekend and tonight). Now to spend the next few nights cleaning after work to earn more:crocheting time!

Foster Mom- I looked at the pattern and it doesn't say how much cotton yarn- Do you know? Next week looks better for me to start this.

Night all- I should have been in bed hours ago, but couldn't control the "one more row" syndrome!

Hmmmmm, I didnt notice that until you said it. I dont know. I am going to buy one of those big, giant cotton skeins that should be more than enough and I will have left over for other things.

I had the one more row syndrome too and finished a baby sweater for charity. I started the hat but just could not look at lavender anymore. Agan I had bought one of those giant sport soft skeins and made so much baby stuff BUT its all lavender! NO MORE LAVENDER when this skein is gone which I dont think is ever going to happen. I think it clones itself over night!

Girls you gotta kick my butt tomorrow and make sure I get some cleaning done. Those counters are still waiting and now have clutter company!

I have to work and I vow not to even get near the computer until they are done. Counters and pick up living room, toss a load of wash in then check in with you guys.

Hmmm, maybe I should make a scrubbie or dishcloth for every member of our CAL on those days I dont clean! Or is that not punishment? :devil HELP

A thought, the loop to loop is 60 rows plus edging which is only 1 row. We can work on x rows a night (after cleaning of course) and still work on our other WIP's too. Then we will all finish together too. Just a thought.

mornin' all-

I won't be around much (if at all) today...

I will be spending the morning redecorating the teachers' lounge at school for Teacher Appreciation Week surprise du jour.

then, I need to race back and clean up around here before DH returns from his trip at around 3:30 ... I thought I was doing so well, but while I was out yesterday, a cyclone must have come through here... This place is a MESS! :rofl

Anyhoo.... have a productive day, all, and I will check in when I can :ghug

I haven't cleaned much of anything yet so today I'm scrubbing :yes. I need to get moving on the blanket I'm making for my mom, plus, finish my badge in pogo. That puzzle game should count for some time. Then I'm sitting down and working on my mom's blanket.:crocheting

I finished one of the champagne flute covers AND I got my coasters done for the KISS swap tonight.

I'll mail off the coasters today at lunch after I tuck in a few more ends this morning.

Elise

PS...first time I used I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby...OMGs, it is sooooooooooo soft. I love it!!!!

I didn't get much done last night when I got home. I made dinner, cleaned that up and threw a load of towels in the washer/dryer. Other than that, nothing. I didn't feel well last night and I was SOOOO tired. But I need to work on my project as it is for a friend's birthday and that is on Sunday. Oh well. Tonight is always another night! :lol

Thanks Stacy and FosterMom for getting back to me on the two strands.

FosterMom, consider your butt kicked - get that counter cleaned off! Go iamanurse and ashleyjoy too! Let's get it done so we can :crocheting

Of course I'll join you all for the towel. I have tons of cotton on hand from a project that never got off the ground.

Good luck with the teacher's lounge today, LeaAnne and with DH's return to the cyclone!

Well, I shouldn't really be on here. When I cleaned the bedroom yesterday I reset my clock to PM instead of AM and my alarm didn't go off this morning (except for the ever reliable "mommy" alarm). So, we slept in and I've got to get my DD off to preschool :sleep.

Busy day ahead, but I'm going to try to spend a few minutes cleaning up a drawer or something in the bedroom on top of my every day cleaning.

Good afternoon everyone. Well, I got some :crocheting done during my quiet time (err, I mean my DD's quiet time :D) this afternoon and thought I'd share some pics. I finished off a prettly little square and a little basket. The basket is in ww cotton. This is the one I was using 2 strands for...a little challenging for me. This pattern was in the Nov/Dec. 08 Crochet Today and it's cute. Would be nice to hold a little kitchen or bath set for a gift.

post-12231-135897401835_thumb.jpg

post-12231-135897401839_thumb.jpg

This morning I looked around and realized the same cyclone that hit LeaAnne's house had also hit mine. So, I spent my morning cleaning up the kitchen and vacuuming the living room/kitchen, etc. Haven't done any work in my bedroom yet, but I earned my quiet time (err, some :crocheting time during my DD's quiet time I mean:heehee). Happy cleaning!

:hi:ghug Looks like everyone has been busy :yay. I have had a pretty busy day. Went to school and took a final:cheer one more to go and I am free!!! After school, I ran a few errands, came home with the intentions of studying but instead, I ran the vacuum in the living room, cleaned the rabbit cage, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and did general pick-up, and took out the garbage. I still have to wash up a few dishes, clean off the china hutch where the toilet paper is still sitting that I bought a few days ago :lol, and I want to clean off the coffee table. I have to add today's cleaning time to my list as I probably won't be able to crochet today:(:(. But at least I have something to look forward to as this little time sheet keeps looking better and better:lol:lol.

Nice job on the square and basket Collenka!!!! TFS the pics. I really love the colors on the square:yes:yes.

LOL Ashley, I am a member of Pogo too but haven't kept up with the badges in a couple of years now. I used to be a badge fanatic but kinda got over that. But good luck getting it!!!!

The cyclone that hit your house astitchntime must have cycled it's way thru my house too :lol:lol. Hope you get everything done in time. I am kinda letting mine ride a little. I think we must have about 10 loads of laundry to do, and of course :blush all my yarn I have been working with for WIP week is scattered all over the living room. OH WELL, it will all still be there when I get to it, yarn, laundry and mess.

Have a great evening all :hug:hug

:hi all you busy people!

I am back...:sweat:whew

Thanks for all the well wishes :hug, and glad to know that that cyclone didn't stop at my house :rofl

I got the lounge done at school: re-covered 8 chairs, cleaned and put pretty new table cloths on the tables, and hung some sheer curtains on the windows, and a new toss pillow on the sofa that I slipcovered last fall.

It's not perfect, but at least now the teachers have a cheery place to escape from our little darlings, and have some relaxing time for their lunch. :c9 They are very happy. Tomorrow, some parents are bringing in a pot luck luncheon for them to enjoy in their new space.

So, while I ran home to freshen up those sheers, I spent 90 min'ish, and de-cycloned! :jumpyay that was my biggest accomplishment today, as my DH came home to a nice clean house filled with a family who REALLY missed him!!

All's right with the world at the moment:manyheart:manyheart So I am off to work on the bookmarks that will be Thursday's teacher surprise. We will be giving a $5 gift card to Barnes and Noble or Borders with the bookmarks.

Glad to see you are all doing well:

Scooby: Wow! what a burst of the cleaning :ladybug you got ! :clap:clap WTG!!! Good luck on your last final, too.

BTW... what are you studying?

Colleen: Way to take advantage of quiet time! your square and basket are way cool :cheer ...and good job on the quick whip through earlier, too!

FosterMom: we are all dying to know.... did you get to that counter :?:lol... you are sooo funny :rofl

Welcome Miss Scarlet!

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day for me, so I'm posting my list tonight: clean bathrooms and keep house tidy. That's it. DD has swimming lessons in the morning. It's Emergency Preparedness Day, so they have firetrucks and and the works on display at the community centre, so I take her to that every year. Then it is my MIL's b-day, so I have to bake her a cake. We are having MIL and her friend over for cake after going out for supper. I probably won't get any :crocheting time in tomorrow, but I will earn some for the next day :).

Keep the cyclone's at bay everyone!

:welcome Miss Scarlet!

So glad you want to join the fun! :hug

shhh.... my house is still picked up :xfin

Tomorrow's job:

20 bookmarks

I need to not do any cleaning tomorrow... I am really under the gun on these teacher gifts :blink:scared

and we have softball tomorrow night... can I pray for a rainout:?:devil

I will be checking in in the morning with my :mug and :hook, and my new reading glasses (I must be getting old, 'cause it sure is hard to see those stitches in thread:blush :lol)

:yawntime for beddie-bylo's :night Nite everyone!

Welcome Miss Scarlet!

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day for me, so I'm posting my list tonight: clean bathrooms and keep house tidy. That's it. DD has swimming lessons in the morning. It's Emergency Preparedness Day, so they have firetrucks and and the works on display at the community centre, so I take her to that every year. Then it is my MIL's b-day, so I have to bake her a cake. We are having MIL and her friend over for cake after going out for supper. I probably won't get any :crocheting time in tomorrow, but I will earn some for the next day :).

Keep the cyclone's at bay everyone!

Sounds like fun! Enjoy the day, Colleen:hug

Sounds like everyone was busy, busy, busy. And the cyclone has also hit my house- esp the kitchen counter/table- where did all that mail come from??? Anyway, I didn't earn any:crocheting time today. I worked all day and after work went to youngest DD house for a "Cinco de Mayo" get together and was so thrilled and surprised when I got there. My oldest DD who lives in Boston and my middle DD who lives in Philly were there! I was on :c9! It was so great to spend some time with all my DD;s together! It doesn't get much better than that! They are all heading to Philly tomorrow afternoon and staying there till Friday- spending "sister-sister" time together- :hug. As for me, I have to tackle that clutter in the kitchen tomorrow night after work!

Night all.....

Sounds like everyone was busy, busy, busy. And the cyclone has also hit my house- esp the kitchen counter/table- where did all that mail come from??? Anyway, I didn't earn any:crocheting time today. I worked all day and after work went to youngest DD house for a "Cinco de Mayo" get together and was so thrilled and surprised when I got there. My oldest DD who lives in Boston and my middle DD who lives in Philly were there! I was on :c9! It was so great to spend some time with all my DD;s together! It doesn't get much better than that! They are all heading to Philly tomorrow afternoon and staying there till Friday- spending "sister-sister" time together- :hug. As for me, I have to tackle that clutter in the kitchen tomorrow night after work!

Night all.....

That is wonderful, Joanne! I am so happy you got to spend time with your DDs. Beats crochet time any day, right?

Congrats to those that have made progress cleaning! :cheer:cheer

I spent my day at Jury Duty so I didn't get any cleaning done. But since I did have to spend over 6 hours today at the court house I decided I earned the right to crochet rather than clean tonight. Plus I only had two rows left on my afghan. I ended up doing the two rows, then doing a single crochet around the whole thing. But the afghan is not official in the DONE pile. :)

Archived