Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

My chore for today is to tidy up my stash that is spilling over here by my computer. I need to sort and store it in my 'storage room'. That will also help me to focus on the WIPs to be completed :think

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm in- this is fun- I have done 2 loads of laundry (still one more to be done) and have changed the sheets on the bed, cleaned the bathroom( do I get bonus crochet time for this:yes) and the kitchen. Now the rest of the day is for me.:crocheting

My chore for today is to tidy up my stash that is spilling over here by my computer. I need to sort and store it in my 'storage room'. That will also help me to focus on the WIPs to be completed :think

What a great chore for a Sunday! :c9

I did my picking up and today's laundry (I will have 2 or more loads on every day's list.:() ...this afternoon I have to go shopping for the Teacher's Lounge (re-upolstering chairs, new table and window treatments on Tuesday)

then, 1 of my daughters has softball practice at 5. then showers, outfits for tomorrow :blah :blah

so, I won't be back here till after 8. Nice to see everyone's progress:cheer:cheer

...I hope Colleen is doing ok with that lawnmower:think:lol

...I hope Colleen is doing ok with that lawnmower:think:lol

Thanks for thinking of me, LeaAnne. Well, I did it! I mowed the lawn for the first time since I got married (kind of embarassing to admit, but it is kind of DH's territory and he is rather particular). It went smoothly (besides the presence of DH's "supervising" and telling me what to do the whole time). I even did the trimming! I think I used muscles in my arms that haven't been used in years :lol.

I've also cleaned up the kitchen (which I do a couple times every day but deserves credit), dusted the living room and bedrooms and done one load of laundry. Yep, I deserve some :crocheting time now...as soon as I make supper, clean the kitchen again, and bath the kid.

Ok, I'm in- this is fun- I have done 2 loads of laundry (still one more to be done) and have changed the sheets on the bed, cleaned the bathroom( do I get bonus crochet time for this:yes) and the kitchen. Now the rest of the day is for me.:crocheting

I think you should get bonus crochet time for whatever task you really don't like doing. I would take bathrooms over cooking any vacuuming any day, but let's face it I do all three :think:lol.

Since I really don't like cleaning the bathroom, I will give myself bonus points (which should add up since I clean it quite often. Even though I don't like this chore, I don't like not having a sparkling clean bathroom more! Well back to the:crocheting time I earned!

Count me in please! I HATE:angry to mop the floors but alas, tomorrow is "floor mopping Monday" whether I like it or not. If I get equal crochet time then I might be tempted to spend a little longer scrubbing away!

Count me in please! I HATE:angry to mop the floors but alas, tomorrow is "floor mopping Monday" whether I like it or not. If I get equal crochet time then I might be tempted to spend a little longer scrubbing away!

:cheeryou've got the idea! :wink

Thanks for thinking of me, LeaAnne. Well, I did it! I mowed the lawn for the first time since I got married (kind of embarassing to admit, but it is kind of DH's territory and he is rather particular). It went smoothly (besides the presence of DH's "supervising" and telling me what to do the whole time). I even did the trimming! I think I used muscles in my arms that haven't been used in years :lol.

I've also cleaned up the kitchen (which I do a couple times every day but deserves credit), dusted the living room and bedrooms and done one load of laundry. Yep, I deserve some :crocheting time now...as soon as I make supper, clean the kitchen again, and bath the kid.

I am not allowed to touch our lawn mower either... which works fine with me :lol:D Congratulations on getting it done! :clap Don't forget tomorrow, you'll have tom take extra time :crocheting:crocheting to rest those muscles! :rofl

As I said in the WIP thread I am horrible about picking up my crochet hook and not putting it down. I'll stay up until the wee hours of the morning crocheting, telling myself I'll go to bed after the next row. So I'm thinking I'll have a hard time focusing on cleaning before crocheting. And if I do clean first I'll end up crocheting two or three times longer than I cleaned.

That said! I really, really need to clean my house. It is horrible right now. I need to do one of those top to bottom, corner to corner cleanings. I had to catch up on some laundry today, since I was running out of day to day clothes to wear. As I was hanging some clothes up in the closet it reminded me that I need to rearrange things in there.

Maybe instead of rewarding myself with crochet time, I'll reward myself with buying the yarn I need to finish up my granny square afghan. I need 3-4 skeins, plus I've been looking at some of the clearance yarns at Micheals. It might be bad on my stashbusting score, but that is probably a bigger incentive for cleaning for me. :yes

Hmmm, lets see if I can talk myself into some cleaning tomorrow.....:think:blush

:(:( Well, I cleaned the office/spare bedroom, my room and the bathroom yesterday but didn't get in any crochet time. I had to study for final exams and work on a paper. I probably won't get to do much crocheting or cleaning over the next 3 days, I will be studying for exams which will be over Wednesday :clap:clap:yay. So, does that mean I can take yesterday's cleaning time and apply it later this week :lol?

I am sure there will be lots of cleaning to do come Thursday when school is finished, therefore I will have a lot of accumulated crochet time :c9.

I got nothing done today cleaning or crocheting cause I was so bummed out about the nasty weather. Yeah, very mature of me I know! LOL So my list is the same for tomorrow with cleaning a bathroom added for pure punishment! I took the day off from work so I will have time.

:jumpyay to all that met todays goals for themselves. My hats off to you Colleen for mowing that lawn, mine can grow over the house before I will touch a lawn mower. :(

Trace I am right next to you with not being able to stop crocheting once I start. Ive been up all night "trying" a new pattern and had to drag my badorkus to work the next day.

Suggestion, how about we find something that we can crochet together once we do our cleaning since this is a HAL/CAL! LOL I know we are ALL always up for new projects and maybe it will give us a push to get our cleaning goals done. Maybe a square so we can have Friendship Clean House Afghans...LOL Just a suggestion my feelings wont be hurt if you guys tell me to be quiet!

Wishing everyone a good week and good luck on your exam Scooby.

Suggestion, how about we find something that we can crochet together once we do our cleaning since this is a HAL/CAL! LOL I know we are ALL always up for new projects and maybe it will give us a push to get our cleaning goals done.

How about some scrubbies or a cleaning apron? Something cleaning related. HeHe.

How about some scrubbies or a cleaning apron? Something cleaning related. HeHe.

That would be fun. Ive never made either but what the heck, who needs sleep anyway!

I cleaned on Sat for people arriving at my home for Sat night's MayDay celebration...slept in on Sunday...then crocheted 'just a bit' before we had to take my stepson back home to OKC. I ought to get credit for drive-time. I absolutely hate that drive there and back. It's a 4 hour-ish round trip.

Elise

Happy Monday everyone! Well, last night I was a little tired after mowing to do much crocheting. However, I did reward myself by cozying up on the couch with a pile of crochet magazines. :c9

I like the idea of crocheting something together! I'm up for either squares for a friendship ghan (I've never done that and would love to) or cleaning related objects (I like making stuff like that). Another idea might be that we make something for our home to celebrate our cleaning achievements - this opens up lots of possibilities (ghan, pillow, bathroom stuff, kitchen stuff, baskets, doilies).

After test driving this HAL/CAL for one day I've decided to use it to get those extra tasks done. I have my every day stuff, but it is the extras that I need a push to get done. And I was thinking that I would like to use that time for a special crochet project -- something for myself or perhaps something we do together? Something I can savour the earned time and that will motivate me to earn more.

So today's list will be the start of a week-long task: cleaning our master bedroom. I need to pull the furniture out from the walls, vacuum under it, wipe down the baseboards and doors, clean the window. And of course I need to go through some drawers and donate some clothes I'm not wearing. And every minute of time earned goes toward a special project.

By the way, my lawn looks fantastic, if I do say so myself! :bow:rofl

Good luck on exams ScoobyDoo!

I cleaned on Sat for people arriving at my home for Sat night's MayDay celebration...slept in on Sunday...then crocheted 'just a bit' before we had to take my stepson back home to OKC. I ought to get credit for drive-time. I absolutely hate that drive there and back. It's a 4 hour-ish round trip.

Elise

Can you crochet in the car? I can a little, but after a couple long trips (during which I might have been crocheting) I was terribly sick during the night afterwards. I'm not sure if that is caused by crocheting or if it was a coincidence.:think Of course if you were doing the driving, obviously you wouldn't be crocheting...:P.

I was ab;e to give myself some :crocheting time yesterday. I did the grocery shopping and the laundry. I then changed the sheets! As someone else said, I really need to use this to do the little things that I don't like to do - dusting, cleaning all the little places I don't normally clean. :shrug I will be inspired to do some house work when I get home from work!

Vicki

Good luck on your exams, Scooby!

I like the idea of doing a CAL on something special that I would not normally make (for myself or home, whichever.) I am also using this as incentive to finish those little things that I don't like to do or don't think about doing on an everyday basis. I am thinking that this is how my incentive chart will go:

Basic (daily) cleaning= equal crochet time on WIP's

"Deep" cleaning (changing sheets, steam cleaning, etc)= work on special project

Purging= buying new yarn :hook (I have a really hard time with this one so I needed to make the incentive very exciting. LoL)

good morning!

Wow, everyone's very busy! :cheer:cheerAWESOME!:cheer:cheer

I like how everyone is choosing to reward themselves for jobs well done...

Done so far today:

2 washes

general pickup

dishes

uniforms washed for game tonight

coaching prep (lineup and positions) -DH and I coach, and he's out of town :(

Left to do:

wash curtains for teachers' lounge project

put away laundry (:yuck)

so by 11ish, I'll be :crocheting those bookmarks... goal is tomorrow night to be done (PTO is handing them out to staff/teachers on Thursday)

I don't know if I will make it back here today, so I wanted to stop by and wish everyone much success! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I really meant to clean my bathroom this morning. Then my mom called to see if I wanted to go flower shopping with her. Umm, well yes! So hit two different nurseries and now I have more flowers to plant. I have Jury Duty tomorrow, so I won't be able to deal with those until Wednesday, unless I get picked. Hmmm, I'll have to figure in some cleaning time. :(

I really meant to clean my bathroom this morning. Then my mom called to see if I wanted to go flower shopping with her. Umm, well yes! So hit two different nurseries and now I have more flowers to plant. I have Jury Duty tomorrow, so I won't be able to deal with those until Wednesday, unless I get picked. Hmmm, I'll have to figure in some cleaning time. :(

:rofl I would have made the same choice... being that it IS Mother's Day week and all :devil

:cheer:clap:yayWTG Ladies on getting those dreaded chores done. I am up for crocheting something together, whatever it shall be. I have a few general everyday things to do this evening, like dishes and picking up. Then I must study :(. TY all for the well wishes on my exams. I turned in my paper today and got one exam out of the way. 2 more to go and then I can :crocheting to my :heart's content:lol and do some cleaning.:lol you can tell what priority is :D.

Have a great evening all!!!!:hug

Ok, let me be the first to day I STINK at this cleaning stuff. I slept late, had a long, long lunch with a friend, picked up the living room and crocheted, thats it. Am I a lost cause or what? Geesh LOL

Whew! I feel sooooo accomplished today!! I didn't get much cleaning done but I sorted, shredded, and re-organized my bill/pattern/recipe files, my bill folder in my closet, and my nightstand drawers. Yay! :clap That is the 3rd sorting/purging project that I have finished this week, so Friday I get to go and buy 3 skeins! :c9 During the sorting I also found several patterns that I forgot about, so I will use the opportunity to buy yarn for one of those. :devil

I didn't get any cleaning done today (unless cleaning up from dinner counts--I say :yes it does, since if DH cooks, I get to clean up the mess) I leave at 6:30 for work and had to run a few errands on my way home and didn't get in until 6 this evening.

I am all for working on something special for ourselves- after all we deserve it:yay

Good luck on the exams Scooby- it will be nice when you can spend your time :crocheting!

Well, off to find the :hook and :yarn!

Archived