Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

I feel like a doofus. I wanted to join this thread, and forgot to subscribe to it.:blush I did enjoy reading what everyone's been up to this morning! :clap I'm impressed! I have been getting more house-cleaning done, but as a homeschooling mom of 3 teens, I am teaching them "Life skills" by having them do all the work. :laughroll Do I get any points for that? Seriously, this week, my oldest who doesn't drive yet has to be at work at 6 a.m., my middle child (who also doesn't drive) is taking lifeguarding class in the evening, and I'm working in between the two, so I have a lot less time to do any cleaning, but while I'm at work I sit and crochet for most of 2 hours. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :lol

I need to scrub my bathrooms from top to bottom. I would love to get that done today. It's posted, so now I HAVE to do it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen- love the basket and square! So pretty. :manyheart

I didn't get any cleaning done for the past 3 days. :eek Monday was spent purging my bedroom of useless papers and making a bigger mess. :lol (Although I will be rewarded with yarn on Friday. Hee hee) Tuesday dh had surgery to remove parts of 2 toenails that were ingrown and dd had karate at night. Today was spent at the laundromat doing all of the laundry that has piled up since last week. :blush I did manage to vacuum today but I still need to put away all of the clothes and hang some that are lying on my bedroom floor. I did manage to get 3 rows finished on the Mystery CAL bag while waiting for my clothes. :devil I should probably turn off the computer and hang the clothes before I have to get dinner started.

I survived the day! After a very busy morning out with my daughter, she helped me bake my MIL's birthday cake, I cleaned the kitchen, set the table all pretty for cake and coffee, cleaned both bathrooms, tidied the house, wrapped the gift and got me and DD dressed for dinner. :whewI earned a dinner out! And I am pretty sure I earned some crochet time too. :clap I'm pretty sure anything in-law related must count for double :crocheting time?? :yes:devil

Good job on getting 5 hours of gardening done, Mary. I'm not sure what part of the province you are in, but it was a beautiful day for gardening where I am. (I'm in Ontario too :)).

I hope your DH recovers quickly from his surgery, Stacy. Good for you getting some :crocheting done while at the laundry mat. That is just good use of your time! I am looking forward to buying yarn on the weekend too :clap.

Well, dishes to do now and I think I just might fit in a few minutes of :crocheting before I crash!

Another day of no cleaning! Uh, oh!:( But it was a good day again- worked and then took 3 DDs and SIL out to dinner before the 3 dds headed to Philly to continue with their sister-sister week. So gratifying to know that the 3 dd's are such good friends now that they are adults! Sure wasn't always that way, especially when they were all teenagers!:eek. So, the clutter is still in the kitchen, but will have to wait yet another day - definitely on the list for tomorrow after work along with laundry and vacuuming. Need to get the cleaning done so I can :crocheting Friday after work:yes

Hi eveyone

I did garden work today for 5 hours...... Man am I sore.

Did the dishes and Picked up some stuff around here. I have a meeting tonight and then it will be crochet time. :cheer

:cheer:clap:yay WTG!!! It has been raining here for over a week straight and no sunshine in sight for a few more days. We have had lots of flooding, bad storms so no gardening for us :lol. What kind of garden, vegetable or flower?

Colleen- love the basket and square! So pretty. :manyheart

I didn't get any cleaning done for the past 3 days. :eek Monday was spent purging my bedroom of useless papers and making a bigger mess. :lol (Although I will be rewarded with yarn on Friday. Hee hee) Tuesday dh had surgery to remove parts of 2 toenails that were ingrown and dd had karate at night. Today was spent at the laundromat doing all of the laundry that has piled up since last week. :blush I did manage to vacuum today but I still need to put away all of the clothes and hang some that are lying on my bedroom floor. I did manage to get 3 rows finished on the Mystery CAL bag while waiting for my clothes. :devil I should probably turn off the computer and hang the clothes before I have to get dinner started.

Dang it, wish I would have known you were going to the laundry mat, as that is on my list for tomorrow :(:lol. I hate not having a washer and dryer, as we have no hookups for them in our apt. Hope your DH is doing better.

I survived the day! After a very busy morning out with my daughter, she helped me bake my MIL's birthday cake, I cleaned the kitchen, set the table all pretty for cake and coffee, cleaned both bathrooms, tidied the house, wrapped the gift and got me and DD dressed for dinner. :whewI earned a dinner out! And I am pretty sure I earned some crochet time too. :clap I'm pretty sure anything in-law related must count for double :crocheting time?? :yes:devil

Good job on getting 5 hours of gardening done, Mary. I'm not sure what part of the province you are in, but it was a beautiful day for gardening where I am. (I'm in Ontario too :)).

I hope your DH recovers quickly from his surgery, Stacy. Good for you getting some :crocheting done while at the laundry mat. That is just good use of your time! I am looking forward to buying yarn on the weekend too :clap.

Well, dishes to do now and I think I just might fit in a few minutes of :crocheting before I crash!

:yes:yes:yes You most definitely deserve double time for putting up with the in-laws. Sometimes I think that is the hardest CHORE to do :lol:devil. WTG getting everything done for the day. I am buying yarn over the weekend too!!!! My mother's birthday is today, I graduate Saturday, Mother's day Sunday, youngest son's birthday is next Wednesday, so we are all getting together Saturday and having one big celebration for everything.

Another day of no cleaning! Uh, oh!:( But it was a good day again- worked and then took 3 DDs and SIL out to dinner before the 3 dds headed to Philly to continue with their sister-sister week. So gratifying to know that the 3 dd's are such good friends now that they are adults! Sure wasn't always that way, especially when they were all teenagers!:eek. So, the clutter is still in the kitchen, but will have to wait yet another day - definitely on the list for tomorrow after work along with laundry and vacuuming. Need to get the cleaning done so I can :crocheting Friday after work:yes

:yes:yes:yes I agree, since my oldest son graduated high school and youngest son is a freshmen, they get along sooooooo much better. I am going to try to get my cleaning and majority of the laundry done tomorrow so I can :crochetingfriday and yarn shop saturday :lol:lol. I also have my time accumulation sheet for the days I cleaned this week so that means extra time :cheer:clap:yay.

WTG all!!!!!!!

You graduate on Saturday! :cheer:cheer:cheer WTG Scooby!

Good Thursday morning all. I've got the whole morning around the house. I'm going to spend some time cleaning out some drawers/the closet in the bedroom. Time to purge!

Colleen I live near Kingston Ontario. Where do you live?

The gardening i did was for the Lions club and it is a flower garden. The black flies were pretty bad but i managed to deal with them. I got bit a couple of times so they are a little itchy today. My whole body is aching right now so when i finish on computer then iam going to vaccuum and then crochet the rest of the day....... I think I earned it :clap

Joanne- how wonderful that your girls get along so well! I hope mine will when they are older as well. (They are only 6, 4, and almost 2, so far they love each other but I know how it is in those teen years! :lol) I'm glad you got to spend time with them all together. :yay

Scooby- I hate doing my laundry, I'm not up to doing anyone else's! :(:lol Congrats on graduating! May I ask what you studied?

Colleen- I do think that anything pertaining to in-laws deserves double crochet time! :devil

Last night I didn't get anything done, either. After I posted, MIL called and invited us for dinner, so I packed up the girls and went. I had no idea what I was going to make anyway so...:devil:lol We spent a couple hours over there, then when we came home I put most of the clothes away and gave the girls a bath. I still have to hang the pile on my floor but today is Mommy and Me, so it will have to wait until the afternoon. :blush

Well today it is the kitchen's turn to get some keen attention. It will be worth it as I love to walk in to find clean/empty counters

Good luck with your kitchen, Darski. Empty counters are wonderful!

Colleen I live near Kingston Ontario. Where do you live?

The gardening i did was for the Lions club and it is a flower garden. The black flies were pretty bad but i managed to deal with them. I got bit a couple of times so they are a little itchy today. My whole body is aching right now so when i finish on computer then iam going to vaccuum and then crochet the rest of the day....... I think I earned it :clap

I'm in Guelph, Mary. DH loves the Kingston area and wants to move there some day. I haven't seen blackflies here yet. You definitely earned your :crocheting time. It will keep your mind off those bites! Enjoy!

Joanne- how wonderful that your girls get along so well! I hope mine will when they are older as well. (They are only 6, 4, and almost 2, so far they love each other but I know how it is in those teen years! :lol) I'm glad you got to spend time with them all together. :yay

Scooby- I hate doing my laundry, I'm not up to doing anyone else's! :(:lol Congrats on graduating! May I ask what you studied?

Colleen- I do think that anything pertaining to in-laws deserves double crochet time! :devil

Last night I didn't get anything done, either. After I posted, MIL called and invited us for dinner, so I packed up the girls and went. I had no idea what I was going to make anyway so...:devil:lol We spent a couple hours over there, then when we came home I put most of the clothes away and gave the girls a bath. I still have to hang the pile on my floor but today is Mommy and Me, so it will have to wait until the afternoon. :blush

Enjoy Mommy and Me, Stacy. My goodness 6, 4 and 2! Do you have time to clean at all?

Well, I cleaned out the armoir in my bedroom and purged a bag of clothes I no longer wear -- some of them are even too big :cheer:clap:cheer:clap. So, with my goal reached for the day, I think I will :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting!

I'm in Guelph, Mary.

I have a cousin who lives in Guelph. Nice place actually.

I always had a special fondness for Guelph because they had/have the MacDonald Institute. :manyheart

I have a cousin who lives in Guelph. Nice place actually.

I always had a special fondness for Guelph because they had/have the MacDonald Institute. :manyheart

Yes, it is a very nice place. The MacDonald Institute is still here in a more modern form. It is now the home of the University's departments of family studies, nutrition, and consumer studies (and provides courses to both men and women, of course!). I bet the ladies that attended made some beautiful needle crafts--and had some fun crochet-alongs--over the years!

Last night I managed to get two loads of laundry folded and another in the washer. I cleaned up all the dinner dishes (not like there were tons - just me and my daughter!), and then began the edging of the blanket I am working on. I am hoping to get that done over the weekend so I can mail it! More to do! What I really need to do is clean off the table where all my research books are. Maybe I will tackle that over the weekend :think. we'll see how the weekend goes!

I bought the yarn for my reward for cleaning the bedroom - a just for me project! I was inspired by the Mystery CAL and have decided to make another bag for me. So, as soon as I complete my bedroom spring cleaning--just 3 drawers, the closet and the window left to do--I can start on my bag.

LeaAnne - I've been thinking about you and all those bookmarks today. Hope it is going well!

I'm off to work for the evening, where I get paid for any cleaning I do :lol.

:sweat:sweatBoy, I think this is the busiest I have been in a while as far as housework/errands is concerned :lol:lol. I have washed the dishes, made a pitcher of iced tea, cleaned out my bag I carry,sorted laundry, went through and done a general pick up, tidied up the bathroom, wiped off kitchen counters, cleaned off the china hutch AGAIN, cleaned off the kitchen table, went to bank, went to the grocery and I have got 4 loads of laundry :wash. I still have to get my backpack cleaned out and put away,straighten up the puter room, gather up the trash, dry/fold/put away the laundry, fix dinner and clean the kitchen. I told my son, either we are the dirtiest ppl in the world or the cleanest. :lol:lol The waste paper baskets in every room are full. So it looks like I will busy for a while :(. But, I keep looking at the positive side, at least this stuff will be DONE for a couple of days anyways.

Stacy- Before I forget because I think you have asked me twice and I have forgotten to answer you, I am studying Speech Language Pathology. I am sorry, I wasn't ignoring you but just simply forgetting to answer :lol. Next is grad school which is about 5 semesters and I will have my master's. THEN, I think I am torturing myself, I am going to enroll probably back at the Community College, and pick up 30 more credit hours to get the Master's Plus degree. I am still contemplating the doctorate's.:think:think That's a lot of writing :lol:lol which I am not fond of.

Stacy- my girls are spaced about the same as yours- except now they are 29, 27, 25- and although the teen years were a bit trying sometimes, I survived and it is so neat that they have each other!

Scooby- congrats on the degree- what a great field to be going into SLP is in great demand and I'm sure you'll do well as you further your education. Good for you! I finally completed my BA in Oct 08- what a feeling!

Came home from work today and cleaned up the kitchen counter clutter-:yay and laundry is going. So I will be earning my:crocheting time for tomorrow night- After I log off, I'm going to vacuum, clean up the dinner dishes, and straighten up the family room.

We finally had some (although not much) sunshine here today. It has been raining in NJ all week (since last weekend) I thought April was supposed to bring the showers and May the flowers- enough with the rain already!

Anyone have any plans for Mother's Day? I am going out to dinner with my youngest DD and my SIL along with his brother and wife and their mothers. Will miss my other two DD's but figure I had my early day Mother's Day with them the last two nights!

Well---off to finish cleaning- got to earn that crochet time

Have a good night all!:)

:whew:tired:yawn Well, I finally got all the laundry washed/dried/folded/hung/put away. The trash has been gathered and taken out, supper and dishes are done, still have to clean out the back pack but I am give out. That will probably have to wait until tomorrow. I am ready to take a shower and relax. Maybe :crocheting or :bookfor a bit. I am trying to get my list together for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too much:xfin, as I have to be at :school at 2 for :graduate rehearsal. I think tomorrow I will work on the living room a little bit and see if I can get all that :yarn a little more organized so it doesn't look so cluttered in there :lol. I also need to sweep and mop the bathroom, put up a box of books that is just sitting in my bedroom, empty a couple of boxes in the puter room that never got done when we moved. That will probably be about the extent of my cleaning besides dishes and general pick up. I think I did enough today :lol:lol.

Imanurse- TY TY!!!!! It is a great feeling when you complete a degree. It is really a lot of hard work and very time consuming. I commend anyone who completes any higher education degree/classes.

Have a great evening ladies:hug:hug:rose:rose

Colleen my oldest dd lives about an hour north of guelph. When i go to visit her we go down to Guelph and Cambridge and some other places to shop. She knows all the bargin places.:clap Have you ever heard of Cambridge Fibers ? It is a great place to get yarn cheap. When dd takes me there i get about 50 pounds of yarn and that does me for a couple of months. I did finish a poncho today and started another one. Iam not crocheting to fast today cause my arms are sore from gardening still. Well at least that job is done.

:hi, everyone!

Just wanted to drop by quick, as I have been AWOL for a couple of days....

I am on the tail end of the bookmark project (I will post pics later on)... I have been working so hard, I haven't even been online! :(

anyway, I really miss you gals:hug, and will be back to catch up tonight

Have a great :crocheting day, everyone!

:hi, everyone!

Just wanted to drop by quick, as I have been AWOL for a couple of days....

I am on the tail end of the bookmark project (I will post pics later on)... I have been working so hard, I haven't even been online! :(

anyway, I really miss you gals:hug, and will be back to catch up tonight

Have a great :crocheting day, everyone!

Can't wait to see the bookmarks! Well, today the sun finally came out for a while :) and it was nice to take a walk during lunch today. Came home and am not cleaning anything! I am going to just relax, :crocheting and go to bed early. Tomorrow AM I plan on cleaning the bathroom and wash the floors and pack up my winter clothes and get the summer clothes down from the attic. (oh I wish I had a walk in closet so I didn't have to pack up clothes- but, hey at least I have a closet:)) That should take up the morning and early afternoon. Will be doing laundry too. Sunday, being Mother's Day is for me ...no cleaning!!!!! :yay

Scooby- Have fun at graduation!

Hey all remember me? The cluttered counter lady? This has been a week from you know where and there is no end in sight! Counter got semi cleared and cluttered tonight while DS was getting ready for Prom. Ive had no time to crochet or clean and hopefully the weekend will bring a sense of calm. HOPEFULLY DS wont be stupid tonight at prom and will get home safe and sound.

Glad to hear everyone is getting so much done, WTG!

Have fun at graduation Scooby - congrats!

Thanks for the tip on Cambridge Fibres, miss scarlet. I will definitely check that out. 50 lbs of yarn in 2 months - wow! What do you like to crochet mostly?

I can't wait to see the pics of all those bookmarks, LeaAnne.

Glad to hear the weather was nice for you today, imanurse. I wish I had a big closet too. Even an extra closet in the house would be nice. I try to just not keep too much stuff.

Hey FosterMom, welcome back! I hope your son enjoys the prom and that you get to that calm place!

Well, I ran around and did errands this morning, picked weeds from the lawn for 45 minutes this afternoon, and did some good :crochetinging today :clap. I started a scrap baby ripple, which I am very happy with so far. I suspect I will run out of scraps before it is fully finished and will just add to it as time goes on. I'm doing a pretty/girly colours one right now and have set aside some scraps of grey, navy and red for a boyish one next. I will put up a pic once I get through a few more rows. Just wondering what you all do with those little bitty bits of scraps that you end up with? Squares? Granny's Daughters? YoYos? I'm not sure what I would do with any of those things. I'm not very good at joining squares, so I tend to not use them although I do enjoy making squares for fun.

:hi :hi :hi:whew

I am baack! I really MISSED you guys! :hug

ok... so the worst part of my day is I don't even have a picture to show you :( By the time I finished, and got over to the school to hand deliver, I only had 15 minutes to spare. But the good news is: I DID IT!!! 26 of them... and the teachers and staff were very happy:yay:clap

I have 1 more to make for me, so I will put a picture up when I finish it :blush I used size 10 thread, in the granny MAM pattern. Inside, light pink, next cream and finally light sage green. The last round had 180 stitches: 1 for each day of the school year. (I know, sick-o, right?)

Right after school, I came back and got all my chores done for today, so I could get back here to see what you've all been up to.

so, here goes:

Scooby: Congrats:yay and enjoy graduation! btw... I admire all of your energy: a mom AND college AND you found time for housework AND :crocheting:? you are amazing:clap

FosterMom: I will pray for your DS's safety tonight, and hope he enjoys the prom.

Colleen: You've really been on a roll! Good for you! You could join your squares, etc for a charity or senior center, or send them to someone who is joining squares for a cause. I don't like joining squares either:yuck, but I do it if I have to :rofl

Darski: Did you get that counter cleared off?

Miss Scarlett: I hope your arms are starting to feel better. That sure was a lot of gardening you did! :cheer

_Stacy_: I hope you are enjoying double points for in-law time :rofl... I am one of the few lucky ones who is actually good friends with my MIL (it probably helps that she had no daughters :wink)

Joanne::hugI am so happy that you got to spend time with your 3 DD's! I live just outside of Boston in Woburn. I am also glad to hear that they are back to being best friends...

Beth (aka: doofus :lol)I hope you still plan to join us... it gets you more guilt free time to bust stash :rofl:devil

Vicki: :xfin for your table! And WTG on that laundry:cheer

Texas Sugar: How was Jury Duty?! :P

I, too, have 3 girls: #1 will be 13 in July, #2 turns 11 next week, and #3 will be 10 in September (oh, and my SON... ahem... I mean the prince is 7:lol... Well... DH needed Someone to relate to :rofl) even my dog is a girl!

I feel so much better :manyheart It's so nice to be back with my friends :ghug

LeaAnne thats alot of bookmarks and a lot of work! I love the 180 stitches to equal day so of school. Very creative

Colleen I used to dislike joining squares too until I learned the join as you go method now I cant get enough.

RIght now I am "trying" to do Kims Tunisian class. I am such a dork where this afghan/tunisian stitch is concerned. Frog, frog and more frog but I will keep trying.

For the record I have 3 lovely children. DD will be 22 (adopted? LOL) living on her own in Misissippi and going to college, DDs 16. YES twins. God likes a good joke every now and then I guess.:) Add to the mix two steppies DSS 17 and DSD 15. More than enough lovely children.

We took DS and date to Prom so I know they got there safe and sober, lets just hope they stay that way. They are coming home with a friend and I didnt want to but the other moms assured me he is a good driver and all around good kid. I told my son he would be grounded for life plus ten years if any funny stuff went on. I will be the crazy mom sniffing him when he gets home! Geesh am I a mess or what? AND I was assured by at least a million people including the florist that I was NOT supposed to by the buttonier (spelling) just the corsage and guess what? Dear date did NOT get him the buttonier so he didnt have one! I was so mad but he told me no biggie.

Anyway I am giving my cramped hands a rest then I will attempt this tunisian again.

Archived