Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Tracy, how much snow did you get?? We're getting only a little tomorrow - again. Kyla and her *ahem* cleavage...these girls and their low pants:lol Same thing here across the pond....

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh I forgot to come in here this morning.

I have 32 solids to report from yesterday.

Haven't done anything yet today. Been a busy errand day. Tomorrow isn't looking much better but hopefully after that I'll be able to be home more.

Wow Tracey you have had loads of snow compared to me today, our garden is white, but not as deep.

Took the kittens out and let them walk on the snow for a few mins, just to let them see what it was like:lol, they were Ok with it.

BF said I was too old to go and make a :sman:(, might do tomorrow if we still have snow:lol

Have decided to get on with the cat quilt this week and thought about making some fish squares for the border, but can't decide what colours to use.

catquit.jpg

I have put a border around in both colours the size of 1 salatine, was thinking about either cream or black for the fish, what do you think, might make some in a few different colours and see whcih I like the best.

Mary howdy doody, how are you going with the Angel ghan or are you still doing the penguin.

Mary 20 solids thanks

Here you go everyone. :D Enjoy.

th_100_1666.jpg Decking out back

th_100_1665.jpg Yard and shed

th_100_1667.jpg Left view from front door

th_100_1668.jpg Right view from front door

th_100_1669.jpg Center view from front door

th_100_1671.jpg The mini snowmen Kyla made with an umbrella to protect them from the brunt of the snow

th_100_1677.jpg Kyla playing. Wonder if the rear cleavage got cold? :think

th_100_1679.jpg Kyla having fun

Tracy great photos, wow you sure did get a lot of snow. That photo of Kyla with the cleavage is one to keep for her 21st. :lol

:hi all.

In between going to the library and PO in the snow :woo and playing in the snow and watching the snow, I did manage to make a few saltines. Denise has been making saltines as well. She has enjoyed watching the snow, from the comfort of her recliner in front of the fire with her hook and yarn. :lol We have both started our Angel ghans and are having fun so far. :hook

Oh how nice is that setting, watching the snow fall while sitting next to the fire and crocheting away.

I think we got about 30cms of snow. :D I keep telling her about her pants and sometimes even pulling them up myself and almost giving her a wedgie, but it doesn't work. :sigh:lol

:rofl

Ugh I forgot to come in here this morning.

I have 32 solids to report from yesterday.

Haven't done anything yet today. Been a busy errand day. Tomorrow isn't looking much better but hopefully after that I'll be able to be home more.

You will get more done dont worry.

Wow Tracey you have had loads of snow compared to me today, our garden is white, but not as deep.

Took the kittens out and let them walk on the snow for a few mins, just to let them see what it was like:lol, they were Ok with it.

BF said I was too old to go and make a :sman:(, might do tomorrow if we still have snow:lol

Have decided to get on with the cat quilt this week and thought about making some fish squares for the border, but can't decide what colours to use.

catquit.jpg

I have put a border around in both colours the size of 1 salatine, was thinking about either cream or black for the fish, what do you think, might make some in a few different colours and see whcih I like the best.

Cool cat!!!

We're getting a light snow...only about an inch expected.

catquit.jpg

Looks great Roxy! I'd suggest yellow or off white for the fishies :yes

Just wanted to let all you Angel Cuddle makers know...

if you do 20 saltines a day, you'll finish the Angel by the end of the month. Since today's Feb. 2nd, you should have 40 saltines done to stay "on track" with this schedule.

Well, at least she hasn't brought out the bat yet :lol

A saltine is the first two rounds of a granny square. It's what all these quilt 'ghans are made of. I'd also like to do the Around the World ghan. So many patterns, so little time!

Thank you Tia! After reading a few more posts- I kind of thought that was what it was! Let me know when you start yourATW! and I know what you mean bout so many patterns :hook

Roxy, maybe cream for the fish color??

Have made some in light pink and black, will make some in cream and black and see which ones go best, have had enough for tonight, off to bed.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the cat quilt, this WIP is on my to finish list for Feb.

A saltine is the first two rounds of a granny square. It's what all these quilt 'ghans are made of. I'd also like to do the Around the World ghan. So many patterns, so little time!

Thank you Tia! :) I kinda thought so after reading some more posts! Catchy name! :hook

That sounds like it would be pretty! Do a search for posts by Econnerd. Karen recently finished an ATW in shades of just purple and it's beautiful!

Thank you, Priszm! BTW, I saw your bag and LOVED it! Karen, the ATW is beautiful!!! And I certainly noticed the white squares! ;)

Personally, I think that would be lovely. I love red, white and blue together :yes And I see Teresa already defined a saltine for you. I don't even remember who came up with that :lol But it stuck and I like it :D And to be completely honest, unless you really have a lot of patience I wouldn't start with an ATW that large. Now making it smaller would be a good idea. I usually recommend the Pretty Gingham Baby Quilt as a starting project just to get the feel of it :hook

Thank you Cara! But I remember when I taught myself to crochet, I only wanted to crochet the things that I really liked when I was through ( the end result). I'm afraid I'm stubborn:lol My first project over 20 years ago was a clutch crocheted in a shell pattern that had to be lined and a zipper put in and I didn't even know how to sew (still don't) ;). I got her done and kept that clutch for many years. I know you're right Cara, but that red white and blue ATW queensize and all would sure look good on my bed! Although it may take me 2 years to do it:lol!

Oh yes, Karen's purple ATW was another knockout! :drool She really has the knack for the ATW and the nine patch :yes

Whew. I'm pooped. My cleaning didn't get very far before I just had to stop. Oh well, maybe I can get more done tomorrow. Guess I'll just have to make saltines...rarely ever too tired for that :hook

Thank you Cara! But I remember when I taught myself to crochet, I only wanted to crochet the things that I really liked when I was through ( the end result). I'm afraid I'm stubborn:lol My first project over 20 years ago was a clutch crocheted in a shell pattern that had to be lined and a zipper put in and I didn't even know how to sew (still don't) ;). I got her done and kept that clutch for many years. I know you're right Cara, but that red white and blue ATW queensize and all would sure look good on my bed! Although it may take me 2 years to do it:lol!

You are a gal after my own heart :lol I love your spirit. :D

catquit.jpg

Very nice, Roxy. :yes Can't wait to see with the fish. :hook

Just wanted to let all you Angel Cuddle makers know...

if you do 20 saltines a day, you'll finish the Angel by the end of the month. Since today's Feb. 2nd, you should have 40 saltines done to stay "on track" with this schedule.

:sigh, behind already, only have 38. :hook But I will catch up before that :tryme comes out, you know how scared of that thing I am. :lol

10 more solids to report.

I'm all caught up on the angel. I have 42 done so far. Did 32 the first day so I only had to do 10 last night.

Alright off to take the girls to school now. I should be able to check back in this afternoon.

You are definitely someone who thinks and learns the way I do. I have jumped into things that same way more times than I can count. The second one I tackled in here ended up 80" by 80" and is on a queen-sized bed. Your red, white, and blue idea sounds like it will make a beautiful quiltghan.

I'm off to see the doctor for my diabetes check-up this morning. Hopefully all the numbers will meet with approval. More later.

Good Morning, everyone. :) Yesterday got busier as the day went on...not at all what we planned. :lol

Tracy, the snow pictures are beautiful! Is it supposed to stay around for a while?

Roxy ~ Your cat quilt is adorable. Thanks for sharing! :hook

Linda, I hope all goes well at the doctor's today. :manyheart

Here are the squares I've added as of now:

Donna ~ 32 solids plus 10 solids

Wendy ~ 20 solids

Val ~ 28 solids

Tracy ~ 38 solids

I'm reporting 43 solids and 2 bi-colors. I'm not sure how I'm going to divide my time between the Penguin and Angel yet. :eek

Archived