Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

:hi Mary. What a day for them both to be gone, and somewhere warmer! :lol

Hope everyone is keeping warm and keeping their fingers and hands warm with :hook.

I went to my needlecraft course this morning and guess what I found when I got home? Denise with a naughty look on her face and a basket of yarn. And what did she say, you ask? "When do we start the Angel ghan, I have my yarn out and ready?" I had to stop her and tell her to wait until Sunday!! So she has been keeping herself busy with her horse ghan. :lol

You and Denise sound like you have lots of fun together. :D

Yes, another member of the angel ghan brigade :dance:tup

Today will be just hanging out and finishing up a few things before Sunday's fun begins :D

I've been warming up for the Angel ghan with Pat the Penguin. :hook

I love it! Can't wait to watch all these angels come to life. Once I finish up the Painted Desert it's on to the turquoise & white snowflake ghan and the dachshund ghan for me. I draw the line at having more than 2 of these saltine ghans going at once.

I love the snowflake ghan pattern! Looking forward to seeing it again and the dachshund pattern, too. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary, I decided I needed to learn more crafts. :yes So I started a mixed needlecraft skills course. I have had fun at both classes so far. Last week we did patchwork, today we did English quilting and next week we are doing applique. I think the English quilting is my favourite so far, I was :drool at the work of some of the ladies that did the course last time. I have a picture of my homework from last week:

th_100_1652.jpg Clicky

When the tutor showed us the picture and told us what we were going to make, I smiled and thought of Linda. :D

Evening ladies.

I woke to snow & still headed out to work. It snowed all day & is now turned to freezing rain. They said we are suppose to get more snow on top of it & then it should move on out by midnight.

I haven't been feeling right the last 2 days. My back on the left side hurts. It's enough to be uncomfortable & sometimes is worse then others. The worst is if I laugh or yawn really deep it causes a cramp type feeling (like I ran a mile). I dunno, no fever so I just keep truckin.

Well, i'm off to check the SKY CAL (if I can soak in that much). ;)

Tabby, have you had a cold recently? Pluerisy can cause problems like that - or it might be a sore rib....nothing to fool with, regardless, considering how hard you work. I would have it checked if it lingers.:hug

Tabby, have you had a cold recently? Pluerisy can cause problems like that - or it might be a sore rib....nothing to fool with, regardless, considering how hard you work. I would have it checked if it lingers.:hug

Hi Judy! I haven't had a cold recently. And the pain is lower so I keep thinking kidney infection. *sigh* I sure hope not but I may be seeing the doc. soon.

Thanks! :manyheart:hug:manyheart

Mary, I decided I needed to learn more crafts. :yes So I started a mixed needlecraft skills course. I have had fun at both classes so far. Last week we did patchwork, today we did English quilting and next week we are doing applique. I think the English quilting is my favourite so far, I was :drool at the work of some of the ladies that did the course last time. I have a picture of my homework from last week:

th_100_1652.jpg Clicky

When the tutor showed us the picture and told us what we were going to make, I smiled and thought of Linda. :D

Beautiful, Tracy! The classes sound wonderful and like a great way to learn so many new techniques. :clap

Hi Ladies. Here is the progress so far on Mr. Penguin. The other picture is an herb sign that DD gave me for Christmas. I've moved it three times and it finally has it's perfect home. :D (pictures are clickable)

th_Penguin004.jpg

th_Penguin010.jpg

Mary your peguin is adorable

Tracy i love the blocks, i got a sewing machine for xmas and really want to learn to sew ad quilt but if i take up another craft that requires lots of stash my dh might have to move out lol.

th_100_1652.jpg Clicky

That's lovely, Tracy. I can see why you thought of me. :D

Hi Ladies. Here is the progress so far on Mr. Penguin. The other picture is an herb sign that DD gave me for Christmas. I've moved it three times and it finally has it's perfect home. :D (pictures are clickable)

th_Penguin004.jpg

th_Penguin010.jpg

Love the sign, Mary, and your penguin looks like he's peeking at us over a fence. :lol :lol :lol

th_Penguin004.jpg

th_Penguin010.jpg

The penguin's looking great! :clap Cute sign!

That's lovely, Tracy. I can see why you thought of me. :D

Love the sign, Mary, and your penguin looks like he's peeking at us over a fence. :lol :lol :lol

He does, doesn't he? :lol :lol

Mary, could you please add 23 solids to Denise's total? :hook She has given her laptop away and shares the desktop with her DH and it takes too long to switch it on and she can't sit there and :crocheting. :lol So until I can convince her it is quite alright to log me out of my laptop and log herself on, she is passing messages through me. :P

Evening ladies.

I woke to snow & still headed out to work. It snowed all day & is now turned to freezing rain. They said we are suppose to get more snow on top of it & then it should move on out by midnight.

I haven't been feeling right the last 2 days. My back on the left side hurts. It's enough to be uncomfortable & sometimes is worse then others. The worst is if I laugh or yawn really deep it causes a cramp type feeling (like I ran a mile). I dunno, no fever so I just keep truckin.

Well, i'm off to check the SKY CAL (if I can soak in that much). ;)

Hope everything is ok. take care wont you. :hug

th_Penguin004.jpg

th_Penguin010.jpg

Oh he is gorgeous, he is playing peek a boo :lol

Hi Mary! Thank you, i'm taking tomorrow off & seeing the Dr. :yes I love your christmas present. And your penguin is coming along beautifully. :cheer

Goodluck at the doctors, hope he can help with the pain. :hug

I finally came up with a saltine cuddle for my cousin's baby. :hook He is due in the middle of May.

th_owenblanket.jpg

Oh I love that pattern Tracy, cant wait to see it come together.

th_Penguin004.jpg

th_Penguin010.jpg

Very cute sign! DD did good:c9

And the cuddle is looking awesome!

i'm taking tomorrow off & seeing the Dr. :yes

Good!:hug

I finally came up with a saltine cuddle for my cousin's baby. :hook He is due in the middle of May.

th_owenblanket.jpg

Very cute! Will you be able to find the bright colors you want for it...or do you need a personal shopper:devil

It sounds like it could just be a muscle strain between the ribs. With all this snow, ice, shoveling, etc. it's very easy to strain like that. Good thing you're getting it checked out, though - it could be any number of things... :yes

Thank you ladies. I wish I could do the patchwork with machine, we did those by hand and my hands ached after an hour of sewing. :D

Oh, ouch! :eek

th_owenblanket.jpg

That is going to make a very cute cuddle ghan.

I've almost finished the assembly of the 2nd block for the Painted Desert. Will then move on to the 3rd. Not as much on the agenda today so should be able to get them both done.

Good luck at the doctor's, Tabby.

Good Morning, everyone. Thank you all very much for the compliments. :manyheart

th_owenblanket.jpg

Very cute, Tracy! I love the bright colors. :c9

Denise ~ 23 solids are added to the list. :D

Donna ~ 21 more added. :)

I've almost finished the assembly of the 2nd block for the Painted Desert. Will then move on to the 3rd. Not as much on the agenda today so should be able to get them both done.

Great progress, Linda! :cheer

Other than grocery shopping and maybe working on the taxes, I hope to get some crocheting done today, too. :hook

Archived