African Violets

Ms.Oz

This is PlanetJune's pattern. I made the larger one (pattern includes two different sizes) using Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Pattern was easy to follow, love the end product!

post-35640-135897522072_thumb.jpg

Very Pretty, and the best thing is you cannot kill it!!! I tend to kill any plant brought into the house!!!!

I will have to try one of these!!! LOL

Very Pretty, and the best thing is you cannot kill it!!! I tend to kill any plant brought into the house!!!!

I will have to try one of these!!! LOL

That's exactly why I bought the pattern! I'm a plant-killer too :lol

Gorgeous! :D

I've been eyeing that pattern for a while but was afraid it'd be too hard (but then you said it was easy)... My question is how does it all hold in there? I can't figure it out. It looks so natural! Is it all sewn together? :think

Gorgeous! :D

I've been eyeing that pattern for a while but was afraid it'd be too hard (but then you said it was easy)... My question is how does it all hold in there? I can't figure it out. It looks so natural! Is it all sewn together? :think

You make the pot first, then you make the "dirt", and you sew the dirt onto the pot leaving an opening to stuff it full of batting. I also cut a circle out of cardboard the same size as the bottom and taped a few large washers to it to give the bottom more form and weight it a bit (placed the weighted cardboard in the pot before stuffing). Once the dirt is completely sewn to the pot and stuffed, you make the leaves and flowers separately and sew them on as instructed. It's very easy. With two small kids I had it done in two days.

Archived