Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I've gotten some gorgeous squares in the mail, but I don't have a picture of them.

The 2 I received yesterday are a beautiful darker turquoise & cream color!! They are gorgeous & oh so soft!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, hi all, hope ya made it through the hurricane there! As promised my pics of the squares I received from Brenda, (bgs) they are simply gorgeous, i love them! Thank you again Brenda!!

Those are gorgeous! :clap

I got not one but TWO gorgeous squares in the mail! The one on the right is from bgs and the one on the left is from Nira. Aren't they beautiful? :c9

Y'all have no idea how happy I am and how blessed I feel to have joined this group. I stay at home with the girls and my husband works a retail job so he's not home so much. I'm pretty "landlocked" for lack of a better term and with no real life friends that do much crochet, groups like this really help me keep my crafty sanity. :lol Thank you to everyone that has sent squares for thinking of me and sending such gorgeous squares!

Now if you will excuse me, I've got some squares of my own to hook. I'm planning on bombarding the post office on Monday. :hook

So glad you like. I also appreciate this group. They keep me from feeling so alone.

wow me gotz a square today!! After running out for diet coke, and cat food, and getting caught up in the traffic from a town parade that I forgot was happening today, (since daughter doesn't march anymore, all grown up, I don't keep track of them, like I used to, lol) and let me tell you, traffic was horendous, plus im behind these two motocycles that are dancing across lanes, slowing and stopping, etc, grrrr very frustrating! And then got turned finally to my street, thought I would hit the mail while I was out, put the key in, and wala, a puffy!! I was so excited I dropped the remainder of my burger king small diet coke on the ground, but it's ok, it was nearly empty! Got home, and just now opened it,a nd it's from Bgs!!!!!! Its two lovely turquoise and coffee grannys!! The one is a heart pattern, i would love to try, the other has raised post stitches and a turquoise center, I will photo them, here in a bit, but they are totally gorgeous! Thanks so much brenda! You do beautiful work!! Stay tuned for pics of above mentioned goodies!!:yay I certainly DID need this today! What a lovely surprise!! I hate making post stitches, but envy those that do so, they are so pretty!!

:day:ty

:yay:yay for their safe arrival. You are welcome. Hey, I never gave making post stitches a second thought when I came across them in patterns. If the pattern doesn't specifically remind me how to do the post stitch I admit that I do have to look them up because I get confused on which is front post and which is back post.

Ok, hi all, hope ya made it through the hurricane there! As promised my pics of the squares I received from Brenda, (bgs) they are simply gorgeous, i love them! Thank you again Brenda!!

[ATTACH]44632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44633[/ATTACH]

Oh, they're beautiful!!!

[ATTACH]44632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44633[/ATTACH]

Those are nice! Like those colors together.

I also hope everyone made it through Irene. Watched the news about it this morning. Thinking about you all.

I hope everyone is safe from the cyclone over there!

I still have not heard back from the lady I sent the square to a couple of weeks back,so while I am at the computer I thought I would post some pictures. Or not.It is coming up invalid file.So I am posting a link to my crochet photo's on Facebook. http://on.fb.me/po97ZO

The pink and purple one is the one I sent out a couple of weeks ago.

The all blue and verigated/blue are two I am sending out on Wednesday and the brown/yellow was for my swap partner in the grannie swap a couple of months back.

I sent out 4 more yesterday, hopefully they will get where they are going.

I have not heard back from any of the ones I sent last week.

One of the ones yesterday I had to fill out of customs form. So you can guess where that one is going.

Have a great day, and for the East Coast stay safe.:hug

Is it me! Is it me? : ) It's been awhile since I was on here so I am not sure I still have the privilege of being the only customs needing member. I really like everyones squares. Very colorful! (not liking autocorrect correcting my Aussie spelling!)

[ATTACH]44632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44633[/ATTACH]

Those are beautiful! :c9

Hope everyone is well. Just got to come home from hospital. I had surgery today. Got some squares made to send, but don't know when I will get to P.O. since I can't drive for awhile.

But I plan on working on my step-dad's comfortghan and more squares while I'm "laid-out". Prayers going out for all on the east coast with Irene!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! super :hugs for you!!!

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well, and those of you on the East Coast are staying safe! I've been working on my coasters, and man...even though they only take about 10 to 15 minutes to make, it's taking forever! :eek I guess that's OK though, i know my family is going to love them!!! :clap Well, back to it! :crocheting:hook Got a lot of work to do! :hugs for all![/color]

Good Morning Ladies.........*

° ° ˛˚˛ * _Π____*

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */________/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ 田田|門|

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Praying for all of you that are in the path of the storm! Do stay safe!!!

Just poppin' to say :hi HI and check on you all! I'll have to catch up later!

Busy weekend kept me away and I fell behind on posts! Patrick had double header ball games yesterday..... Gosh is good to be at a baseball game again. Those were for the Fall ball team from UBA (Ultimate Baseball Academy) then he had practice with the Sr Legion boys. He was pooped last night.

I'm busy crocheting for the fundraiser and craft fair! Gosh I hope this goes well!

you all have a great day and I'll be back later to hopefully catch up!

:heart

:mug

Ann.................. Thank you sweetie for the beautiful friendship squares for my daughter and I. LOVE THEM!

post-18634-135897692518_thumb.jpg

Is it me! Is it me? : ) It's been awhile since I was on here so I am not sure I still have the privilege of being the only customs needing member. I really like everyones squares. Very colorful! (not liking autocorrect correcting my Aussie spelling!)

You guessed it, Yes it is you. Do you have to fill out the customs when you send them to America? Just curious. I hope you like the one I sent.

I hope everyone is safe from the cyclone over there!

I still have not heard back from the lady I sent the square to a couple of weeks back,so while I am at the computer I thought I would post some pictures. Or not.It is coming up invalid file.So I am posting a link to my crochet photo's on Facebook. http://on.fb.me/po97ZO

The pink and purple one is the one I sent out a couple of weeks ago.

The all blue and verigated/blue are two I am sending out on Wednesday and the brown/yellow was for my swap partner in the grannie swap a couple of months back.

Those are very pretty squares!

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well, and those of you on the East Coast are staying safe! I've been working on my coasters, and man...even though they only take about 10 to 15 minutes to make, it's taking forever! :eek I guess that's OK though, i know my family is going to love them!!! :clap Well, back to it! :crocheting:hook Got a lot of work to do! :hugs for all![/color]

Keep at it, you'll get them all done!!! We were lucky. We didn't lose power. A lot of people did. Our gardens are a mess, but no damage to our house, phew!

Ann.................. Thank you sweetie for the beautiful friendship squares for my daughter and I. LOVE THEM!

[ATTACH]44662[/ATTACH]

You're very welcome!:hug

You guessed it, Yes it is you. Do you have to fill out the customs when you send them to America? Just curious. I hope you like the one I sent.

Yes. I have to fill out customs forms for all my squares. Between this and the soldiers I support the post office usually give me a handful at a time.I will be keeping a close eye on my mailbox in the next couple of weeks :D

[ATTACH]44632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44633[/ATTACH]

Just gorgeous!!! :)

Hi Michelle hope you feel better soon. I have a couple of squares for your stepdad's ghan.

Thank you pat54!! The last 2 days I have relapsed and so weak. Will be so glad to be feeling right again!! Thank you for the squares, as I still need several more. I got my buff yarn and trying to figure out the best way to trim / join them!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! super :hugs for you!!!

Thank you KatieBug! Everyone can use more :hugand today i needed every one!

[ATTACH]44662[/ATTACH]

These ARE Beautiful!!

Got a nice little happy in the mail today!! Thank you CindysSweetThings for the beautiful squares!! Kalie also thanks you!! And I love your sweet note telling me about them!!! So nice!!

Just laying around working on more squares and such. Good news is I'm getting several more puffies ready to go out whenever I can get going again!! :lol

post-26273-135897692637_thumb.jpg

I got two squares in the mail today!! :clap Look how pretty!!! :D Thank you so much, baseballmom 18 and kimgoodie! :hug I love them both. :manyheart

Today was our kids' first day back to school. My 8 year olds' first time riding the bus to school, and it was HALF an hour late this afternoon! I almost started to panic. :blush (Plus, I had put banana bread in the oven at 3, thinking I would be back in plenty of time.. Didn't get back til 4!! Thank goodness it didn't burn.)

Anyway, what a nice surprise ending to a stress filled afternoon. :P Thank you, both. :hug

post-20-135897692641_thumb.jpg

Just gorgeous!!! :)
Hi Michelle hope you feel better soon. I have a couple of squares for your stepdad's ghan.

Thank you pat54!! The last 2 days I have relapsed and so weak. Will be so glad to be feeling right again!! Thank you for the squares, as I still need several more. I got my buff yarn and trying to figure out the best way to trim / join them!

Thank you KatieBug! Everyone can use more :hugand today i needed every one!

[ATTACH]44662[/ATTACH]

These ARE Beautiful!!

Got a nice little happy in the mail today!! Thank you CindysSweetThings for the beautiful squares!! Kalie also thanks you!! And I love your sweet note telling me about them!!! So nice!!

Just laying around working on more squares and such. Good news is I'm getting several more puffies ready to go out whenever I can get going again!! :lol

Sorry to hear you've had a relapse. Hope you feel better soon. :hug

I got two squares in the mail today!! :clap Look how pretty!!! :D Thank you so much, baseballmom 18 and kimgoodie! :hug I love them both. :manyheart

Today was our kids' first day back to school. My 8 year olds' first time riding the bus to school, and it was HALF an hour late this afternoon! I almost started to panic. :blush (Plus, I had put banana bread in the oven at 3, thinking I would be back in plenty of time.. Didn't get back til 4!! Thank goodness it didn't burn.)

Anyway, what a nice surprise ending to a stress filled afternoon. :P Thank you, both. :hug

Very pretty squares!!! Scary times with the school bus! Glad everything worked out ok.

You're very welcome! Glad it finally made it to you!

Beautiful squares lately! My goal is to get two out every payday week. Hope everyone is doing well! My eye is bugging me so no crochet today and not much computer. Should be right as rain in a few days (crosses fingers).

Archived