Hi! This sounds like a great group...

craftyrefunder

Hi,

This sounds like a great group I just joined. I have been a crafter for quite a few years. My mom used to do boutiques about 25-30 years ago, and now I love to do crafts. I mostly crochet, but am trying my hand at sewing. I haven't sewn for quite a few years, since I had put the sewing machine needle in my finger not once but twice in Home Ec in high school. But, I have always wanted to sew, so one day last year I actually sat down at my mom's sewing machine, looked at it and said " I am not afraid" over and over. So, since then I have NOT put the needle in my finger yet again.

I mostly crochet and sew for charity, though. I do have a 6 month old niece that I am trying to get a few things done for her, but they grow sooooo fast. The charity groups I crochet for are:

All Crafts For Charity ( a yahoo group)

Ship Support

our local homeless shelter,

and our local gospel center rescue mission ( also a homeless shelter)

Right now I am trying to get an old shed finished up so I can have a real craft room- as the yarn and fabric is taking over my bedroom ( not to mention the pattern books, thread, scissors.......). My finished shed will be 10x15 feet, with a french door I got at an awesome sale at Home Depot, 2 windows, 4 recessed lights, etc. I can't wait, although the guy doing the job can only come over 1 day a week.

I'm really excited to be a part of this group!

Kris Miller

:welcome to Crochetville, Kris!!! This is the best place on line for crocheting, I think. My name is Melannie and I am in Alberta, Canada. This place is really the best....its like one big happy family here. We look forward to seeing your WIPS and UFO's :lol We are happy you joined us!

Hi and welcome! I'm very new here myself, and I have to say that this has been probably the best experience I've ever had within a community. You'll find that everyone here is so kind.:)

Hi Kris and :welcometo Crochetville. You're right .. This is a fun group! Glad you joined us.

Hi Kris :welcome

I've always been drawn to sewing too, someday I'd like to be able to sew like my grandma. She could sew an outfit after seeing it just once. Do you prefer clothing or home (accessory) sewing?

Your up-and-coming craft space sounds wonderful :)

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards,

Holiday

Bonjour Kris!! :waving Welcome to Crochetville from Belgium from a former Michigander now living across the deap blue in the land of chocolate, frites, beer and really expensive yarn!! :lol Glad to have you join us! :hug

Archived