The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Tab

No need to feel bad at all. As I said,we all have different things going on and different amounts of time,so it's ok .

I'm glad you completed your paper on time,because I know it was frustrating you .

I hope you won't have any more that are that difficult .

We'll add your total to your teams, so you now stand at 29 too .So we are tied !

We may stay tied, since Jude was without power and they had such bad storms, flooding etc over her way. I don't know if the flooding part hit her area, but she may not have had any chance to complete any squares, which would CERTAINLY be understandable .

The most important thing is that they stayed safe .

So,the moral of the story is that I think our contest was fun, I think it got us motivated to complete more squares ,and I have an idea for on down the road if we seem to get into a slump and have trouble completing the task ,to maybe motivate each other again.

But we'll let a few weeks go by and let everyone work at their own pace,do what they want when they want for awhile.

If anyone needs a break to work on other things,that's totally fine . I plan to do a little of that myself this week,altough I am gonna try to get another couple squares done and attached so I will have an updated photo for Friday this week .

Thanks again to everyone who played. I hope you all had fun,because that's all it was for, just fun,and to get you further along on your afghans .

This can be quite a long challenging project,and most people who start it ,don't complete it. It gets frustrating at times when squares don't size up right ,when you don't like a certain stitch, etc... I've been in lots of these groups where you make multiple pattern squares and I'd say only about 1/10 actually complete their afghans .

I'd like to see a higher amount in here,so I just try to think of ways to keep ME motivated right along with you guys. I lose my interest just as easily as anyone else does,so it keeps me interested in working on it if I can keep you guys interested .

Anyhow, take some time off if you want ,then come back to it in a few days or so .

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone, it rain again last night and we still can't watch TV for the cable is out. The computer also is running very slow. I don't think I can spend another day lock up in the house, I want to get out and see the world even though it is grey and ugly looking out, I guess I have cabin fever.

I am impressed with the teams total of squares. Great work everyone. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Talk to you all later.

Hey Cheeria

Hang in there -we are in the home stretch now. spring will surely be here soon then good weather to follow .

I know March is the worst month for me, you think that the snow and cold should be gone by now, but it usually isnt in our area . Sometimes we get really big snows in March which is really frustrating .

So ,I just try to be glad if I hear a bird tweet in the morning or I see grass instead of snow, even if it IS grey out ( which it has been for the past few days ) .Any sign at all of good weather helps .

I'm at the library where it's nice and toasty -and brightly lit!

Tired of the cold and dark house...even the pups seem to know something isn't right,

Anyway, I wanted to reach out to my peeps and see what's going on here.

Will try and check in tomorrow!:hug

Thanks for stopping in Jude !

we're all hanging in here, but sure do miss you .

We had a wonderful good lot of squares made. We were actually tied until we got your total ,so our group won by your 7 squares .

Looks like the other team better put down the carrots and pick up the Twinkies .

( Just joking, gang , you all did great, and most of you did better than me ! )

Anyhow, hoping things will get shaped up over there soon Jude so you will have light, warmth and a computer again .

Which one do you miss the most ?

:artist

[ATTACH]17851[/ATTACH]

Sixteen ! :bow

at almost midnight , so now you know why I wait till outdoor daylight to take pictures

Very nice.....

You know this is getting a little embarassing. I thought I was doing great to get 7 done.

Here is my contribution to the Twinkie team. 8 squares. I thought I would get one more done, but that didn't happen. DBF was watching that declutter show and decided it was time for that here. :scared:2eek:ohdear Had to guard my stuff. :lol:lol And hold on to something so I wouldn't go out with the rest of the clutter. Anyhow........

More beautiful squares!

No, you didn't lose me but since I can't send pictures I am only a half participant but I am enjoying this CAL. I am getting to the "I am getting tired of it" part, I have 4 strips finished and together, and 6 more squares, so I am on the downhill slide. :crocheting;) My gd is helping me write this she is fancying this up for me. Di

Congrats to the Twinkies :cheer

I had a great time doing this and i got alot done for my blanket...Everyone did a super job :yes

Pam....love all the colors you used,it should be stunning!!

Judy...hope things get better for you soon....we had lots of sun today so maybe it will move your way soon.

Tabby....congrats on getting your paper done.

Julie...received your card today and it just made my day that much brighter :hug

Hi everyone. Wow, I am so amazed at all of the work everyone did in just a few days. I forget who it was that had all of the colors, but that is going to be one heck of an afghan! Ha ha, I only managed 2/3 of a block in the same time. I am actually stuck, but my computer dumped on me and won't connect to the internet. (some software called "magic" something is blocking it and I don't know how to make it stop) I wanted to post a picture of my dilemma, but I guess it will have to wait until I figure out what to do. (Shh, don't tell anyone that I am posting from work right now!) I just had to congratulate everyone and thank them for the inspiration!! I'll beg for advice later...

Great job everyone. :clap:clap Hope you all had as much fun as I did. I guess I work better under pressure. :lol:lol

Julie, I got your card today. It was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise grey and dreary day. :hug

Sping is on the way here in Illinois. The robins are back. I have been saving some of my little ends of yarn. I put them out in a mesh bag and hang it outside. The robins pick at it and use the bits and pieces in their nests. Fun to watch them.

Hope every can stay safe in this season of storms and other bad weather. :manyheart

I love all the squares that everyone made. I just got in from food shopping, picking up meds and etc... etc... that we couldn't do because of the storm. It rained off and on all day but everyone was out taking care of what they need to do for the week. There are many branches down and large puddle of water here and there, I think we had more than a storm here in New Jersey. Our cable is back on and the computer is working better, I'm praying that Judy will get her power back very soon. We lost power but it came bacck on and we are told to boil water, but I use bottle water for drinking. Enough about the storm.

I didn't work on any crafts today but I do plan on working on my unborn grandbaby's knitted blanket. He will be here in 3 more months. I think I will look at some squares to crochet this week. I love how all my squares look together and I can't wait to start putting them together. I want to have a total of 14 squares done then I will start attaching them together. I need to make 5 more squares. As soon as I get some time I will post a picture of the squares I made for my team. :manyheart

Hey gang

Thought I'd make ea check in tonite and see who all was on .

Cindy-- don't feel bad at all about your total. You made more than I did. It's ok, it was all in fun, not to make anyone look bad ,or feel bad, it was just something fun to do to motivate everyone to keep on going. This is hard to keep with it, so it's best to try to think of ways to make it fun once in awhile if we can .

As for photos, I'm just gonna wait and take one of mine on Friday photo day ( and hope to get my 2nd strip completed before then so it'll all be attached in the photo . I'm trying to attach them as I go to save doing it later .

To those who got their cards today, glad you liked them. I had fun making them out for you all . I worked today on some for those who were in the contest on the weekend but will wait til Friday to send them in case we have anyone else who also makes squares by then so I can send them all at once .

Di, it sounds like you are really going to town on yours . Wish we could see photos ! You must be a speedy crocheter !

Cheeria ! Another new grandbaby ! Lucky you ! What color knit blankie are you making ?

Wanda -thats a cute idea for your yarn ends- now all the bird's nests in your area will be colorful !

Hey Shay - glad you liked the card ,and had fun with the challenge. I have another fun one coming up later, but I wanna give everyone a few weeks rest first, to let people work on other things, or to slow down on this a little if they need to .

Denise- I hope you get your computer issues straightened out. Sorry I wouldnt be much good to you. I have no clue how to fix them when they mess up . My husband always has to do that for me, I am clueless on that stuff .

Hi Everyone. Just stopped in for a few. Finished another square today. #7 Acacia Stitch. That was a bear. Glad it done. DBF is drunk again or should I say still. About 4 days now. Not a good day. Hope yours was at least passable. :hug:hug

Boy oh boy.. when you people say your sick of making squares, you really mean it ! Nothing.. na-da...

Squares continue here. They're like potato chips..I keep wanting one more. Only three new ones complete, but I did finish the afghan I put aside when I became a Twinkie. :)

Off to start a new square !

oh, oh..the aliens are back..I can't get the smileys to work by clicking on them..only typing the old fashioned kind! :(

Wanda- sorry you are having some problems out there. I hope things straightem up soon .

Good job, on crocheting right on throughit into completing another square .

Pam-yea, it's been pretty quiet in here today, hasn't it ? Good job on getting even more squares complete ! You are on a roll aren't you ? You'll have this whole thing done before we know it .

Wanda, hope today is the start of better times over there.

Good morning Julie.

Pam, I have to confess that I'm one of those people who are sick of making squares. But remember that my 63 squares afghan has been a WIP for over a year already. However, I plan to start sewing squares together this week, although probably not today, and once I do that, I will want to make more squares. I hate sewing squares together, so I'm avoiding looking at that pile of squares.

I did finally finish one of my WIPs this week though, a baby round ripple for the local pregnancy resource center.

Archived