The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Julie. I am sure I will be counting on the more seasoned crocheters for help as I go along. My only "instructor" has been a lady named Teresa on You Tube videos!! If she didn't have it on a video, I didn't try it. This is only the 3rd or 4th pattern I have tried without video back up, so I guess I should be happy about that. You can see that I have been lurking here since June of 2007, but never looked anywhere but show and tell until about a month ago.

I went to Joanns to try to find color #2. They didn't have "my" purple or any other shade of purple in stock. They had RHSS on "sale" 2 for $5. Ptoo, I say. I'd rather wait until it's full price and use a 40% off coupon. 2 for $5 is only about 30 cents off.

Well, my relatives will be here in an hour, so I guess I'd better go. I am glad I had the day off work today to get my picture posted!

Ok, after I figured out the wierd "make 25 sc even though there are only 22 stitches" part of the instructions, I *finally* finished my block![ATTACH]17750[/ATTACH]

I would have loved to join the carrot stick team. I have put on 12 pounds in one year because of my ankle reconstruction surgery. But we have company this weekend which = no time for fun stuff like yelling at my new 63 book. I have been slowly allowed to work out and one week ago got the "all clear" for any kind of exercise I want. So bye bye 12 pounds!:nahnah

Awesome job on the square! :clap Good luck on your wt. loss goal. :cheer

Group, I have a question about one of my squares I just finish crocheting, the length is okay but the width came out about 1 1/2 inches too short, what should I do?????? I spent all afternoon finishing it. The whole square came out 7 1/2 L x 6 1/2 W, Arrrrrggggg :think I wonder should I toss it. I haven't put a border around it yet. WOW it is a pretty square , but no amount of streching will get it to the width that my other squares are at. HELP

:yay:yay:yay You are really going fast with your squares. I am not sure How many I have finished, I did have to tear out a few a little bit, they were just to big and when I sewed them together it was poofy. It will be cold here this weekend so I hope I can catch up with everyone. di:clap

babypoohsmom, nice purple square. Hope you can find another shade of purple to go with it. I'm doing all my squares in Aran, although I have to say that it is a little dull at times. Still no color decisions to make!

I had to work today, but I am making some squares for my team. I also have to work Monday so I will post my totals on Sunday night. Pictures might have to wait until I have a day off next week though. My computer has been very slow lately and posting pictures takes a long time.

Thanks. The color choice happened like this: I picked a block and said "hey, that looks easy" :( and grabbed the closest skein of yarn to my hand so I could get started. Amazing thought process, huh? So I am off to Joanns today to see if I can find a light purple to go with it for color #2 and then color #3 will be the ecru. Well, assuming that I can get any two blocks the same size. I am putting off starting another one because I don't want to be disappointed. I read how some people have had to fuss with the patterns and I am too much of a novice for that. :think

Don't worry too much about a small size difference (up to 1/2 inch give or take). As long as you have 25 stitches between the corners, they will match. I have had to change between a G and H hook to get close. On the squares that call for less than 30 ch. I have to use H hook. G hook on longer chains works for me. A little tug at the ends of the rows makes the squares closer to same size. (experts, please don't have a fit over this) I like your color choices. They should make lovely ghan. Good luck.:) Wanda

Good evening team twinkie. I am working hard not to let the team down. Have made 3 and plan to do 2 or 3 more this evening. Supper is in the crock pot so that will give me a little more time. Hustle team.

Hi Diane !

Glad to see you again ! I thought we'd lost you there for a bit . I'm glad you are still working hard on your squares . Keep in touch when you get the time. Don't send any more cold weather this way. I actually got to go out without a coat on today for once .

Cheeria -

Give this a try for your square -- Don't tear it out or throw it away . See how it looks if you try this :

Make your border around it, only doing sc's along the top & bottom ,but do hdc's along the sides .

See if that will make your sides wider to even it out a little more .

Cheeria -

Give this a try for your square -- Don't tear it out or throw it away . See how it looks if you try this :

Make your border around it, only doing sc's along the top & bottom ,but do hdc's along the sides .

See if that will make your sides wider to even it out a little more .

Funny you posted this...I was just finishing a simple square and have had to do a row of hdc's around it to bring it close to the others after doing the rows!...and I haven't even done the actual border yet:lol

Julie, I was just coming on to tell the group that I dc around the sides to make it wider and sc on the bottom and top and it work, IT WORK and look real nice. Now the square is the size it should be, so dc also work for these squares to bring them to sizee. I did put hdc around some of my squares. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Go Team Healthnut Go

Great Cheeria ! I' m glad you got it figured out and it worked for you !

Jude, that's funny, you just did the same .. Works every time, if you mess with the borders you can get them to size up pretty well .

Tab- have fun LISTENING to Spongebob .. I like Patrick -- reminds me of ME anymore ... UUUuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................

Jules, as I tell everyone...I fudge alot. I wasn't about to let all that work and time be for nothing!:lol

'nite ladies:hug:manyheart

Evening every one these are the two squares I made this week:

downsize

The first one is from book 1 square 16, the other one is from book 2 square 1. I don't particularly like crocheting dc or hdc around the square for it gives it a different look, but I will still continue on for I like this project and no matter which way this afghan comes out I will love it for it is for me. I am thinking about just making a throw and not an afghan for my bed. Nite every one. :manyheart

Wow, I never thought of (egads! :eek) deviating from the pattern instructions and using a "larger" stitch to change the size. Did I mention that I am a bit type A?

And can I tell an off-the-topic funny story? Two years ago I went to London with a friend (my husband hates long flights and 12 hours qualified as long). We were burned out on local food one day and went to Burger King where I got "Patrick" in my happy meal. I had never heard of him before, but Patrick happens to be my DH's name, so we joked that he was there all along and took pictures of him everywhere, like the lawn guy. Here he is at the Abbey Road Crossing and "Minding The Gap" in the tube station. It was pathetic tourist bahavior.

post-13802-135897512114_thumb.jpg

By the way, I made a scarf on the plane ride over and wanted to buy more yarn for the trip back. I asked a few locals where to buy yarn and you'd have thought I asked them about American Football. I never found any yarn in London. I still have Patrick, but he hasn't had many adventures latley. And PS to any Londoners here, we were SO QUIET on the tube because we heard how locals dislike chatty people in the train!

post-13802-135897512093_thumb.jpg

Oh, and to Cheeria, please let us know (or at least let me know) if you decide to try the larger stitches to make the block size correct and how that works. I'm betting I'll need to know for future reference!

Wow, Denise

what a trip ! how exciting would THAT be !!! And how did you find a cowboy Patrick ?

My grandson has all the spongebob guys when BK had them but his Patrick isn't a cowboy .

Thanks for telling us about your trip .

What was the neatest thing you got to see while you were there ?

Just a good morning shout out to all you guys out there --

How's it going to those working on the HoHo down ???

Go Twinkies !!!! Sit up and grab hold of a big old chocolate donut this morning. That'll give you some power to get the weekend off to a running start .

Speaking of, I need to get busy on squares myself -- will drop in later this morning when normal people wake up and see how you all are doing .:)

Archived