The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

I live in the laziest state of the union. We cannot be bothered to change our clocks. Ever. So we hang out with California sometimes and other times we bug out and hang with the folks to the east. We're party animals. :yay

And sorry Julie, there ARE guards guarding the guards. And police too.

Well, it's only 9:30 in my world. I will pop Pride and Prejudice in the DVD player for the one billionth time and see what I can get done.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in to see how things are going!!Dont you worry Tabby i am on a roll...i sat here all day watching stupid shark movies on syfi so i was rolling,i even surprise myself sometimes :lol 8 done today so far and i still have 2 more movies to watch :yesand i only ate one box of mint chocolate girl scout cookies :blush What there is milk in them.

Just dropped by to see how contest was going. I thought I was doing good at having 6 squares done, but now I am not so sure.

DBF cooked supper tonight. He does southern food a lot better than I can. Of course, he is from Alabama. We had Ham and Beans and Cornbread (made from scratch with no measuring cup) and Breaded Okra. How much more southern can you get? He even has a special cast iron skillet that he only uses for cornbread. Heaven forbid that I use it for anything. But that is OK.

Well going to try to finish one more square before bed even if I am losing and hour the DST. I will get it back next fall. Or maybe tomorrow.;)

good night all. Sleep tight.

Attention Team Twinkie

Although 2 of the Healthnut Team Members have willingly admitted to eating candy&cookies (yea,Shay....we hear you ... they have MILK in them ....) :lol

They are whooping our behinds from what underground info I have heard .

This means we really need to fuel our bodies for battle for today,our last day of square making .

Pull out the gravy & biscuits

Cinnamon buns too

Pancakes and sausage

Homefries too

For lunch,have a cheeseburg

With a side of fries

How about a milkshake

And a slab of apple pie ?

Then for supper order pizza

With pepperoni and double cheese

Then for dessert have some Cake

When asked for seconds, say YES, please !

Final day for squares. I don't know about you guys, I am getting a tad bit tired of working on them, but I'll give it a whirl again today and see what I can get accomplished .

Whether we win or lose, we will be good sports and shake hands and congratulate the winning team,with smiles on our faces .

RIGHT ?:D

Denise- yea,some states don't change their times back and forth like we do. I kinda like this time of year when they do that -- I guess we're just used to it . Only place I ever lived.

Wanda- did your husband have a Banjo on his knee ?

Sorry ,couldn't resist . You ladies who have cooking husbands are lucky.

If you tell me he can make gravy and biscuits, I'll pay his airfare to Ohio to come make me some . My ALL TIME FAVORITE FOOD .

Good Morning. I have had a longggg night. I didn't get to bed until after 11 p.m and then my Hubby woke me up at 5a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep until 7 and then the kids woke me up yelling around 8. I finally got tired of hearing them yell and fight so I got out of bed around 10 AND through all of that I have not started my paper yet. I am TIRED with NO motivation at all. My whole plan got messed up and now I have to do this paper all day, UGHHH!!

Julie~I might just eat a cookie or two today too. I need them!! :yes

Afternoon everyone, just got up. Where I live one part of the area got flooded. I didn't get much done on my squares yesterday for we are doing spring cleaning and my son is painting the larger bedroom for me. So it is quite busy in my house. I plan on sitting down some today and try to crank out a few more squares. I'm not a fast crocheter but I will help out as much as I can. For some reason I was hungry last night so I got out of bed and ate two chocolate cookies. :think

Good morning everyone. I am currently working on a square but I don't think I will have time today to complete another one. Also I'm sort of tired of making squares.

Its cold and gloomy here today, and raining off and on. I was hoping to go out and walk for an hour or two this afternoon, but I don't know if I want to go out in the yucky weather.

Howdy folks

It sounds like lots of us are in the doldrums today .

Tab- how's come Doa can wake you at 5 AM and HE doesn't have to eat his food run through a meat grinder ,but if I want to bang a pan in your front yard, you say I have to eat my creamsticks through a new body part ?

Eat some cookies, go ahead, you deserve some . Do the best with your paper, if you don't finish, are you allowed to ask for an extension of some kind ?

Cindy-I'm with you, I am just about squared out myself today . Not good under pressure, to HAVE to work on something as fast as possible. At least it only has today, then the race is over .

It's gloomy looking here today too. Not raining, just real grey and dark like it might .

Cheeria- That's nice you are getting a new color for your bedroom. I bought paint several months ago for ours, but havent felt well enough to do it, and my husband absolutely hates painting worse than any chore on the planet . None of our kids live around here ,so we have no one else to ask ,so until I get so I can do it, it aint getting done .

Don't worry about the squares- whatever you do is just fine .

Stay safe from them flood waters .

Julie~He paid for it, BELIEVE me. I made him stay awake until I could fall back to sleep AND I made him get up when the kids got me up this a.m. :devil Oh, and I did eat some cookies. After the teacher sent me feedback for yesterday's assignment I needed them. Yup. :yes I have not started my paper yet because he told me I was wrong, yet again. :angry How does a person have a 94 average yet the teacher keeps saying I am doing it all wrong? :angry :angry So, now I refuse to start my paper until I hear back from him so it isn't all for nothing because the paper is on the information I handed in yesterday. It would be a big waste of time to write about the wrong stuff. :angry :angry :angry Did I mention I do not like this teacher? Well, I don't. I will probably have to hand it in late by time he gets back to me which could be tomorrow. They take a percentage of points off for each day it is late. I am so discouraged. :(

Julie, Sausage gravy or plain? He can do either very well.

No banjo and he cheats on the bisquits. Buys Pillsbury frozen. They are almost as good as homemade. :lol:lol Actually better than any I can make.

No need for airfare. Ohio is not that far from Illinois. We are on state line between Il and Ind. Just a nice road trip.

Still working hard on squares. Don't want to let you all down. Fueled up on pumpkin spice cake made by DD. Will probably finish 2 more before posting late tonight.

It been a busy day today cleaning out my closet. I want to get rid of any clutter I have for last year I couldn't do any spring cleaning for I was in and out of the hospital. I am also working hard on completing the squares I'm working on for I'm working on two at once. :hook After this I will be taking a break from these squares for a while and probably make one or two for the next week. I haven't had time to work on any other of my WIP and I miss them.

Tab - Sending you a Hug :ghug I remeber the papers I had to do for college. I use to stay up until 2 AM in the morning just to finish them.

I'm going to say have a nice evening and a good nite. Talk to you all later tomorrow after I come back from washing blankets. :hug

Tab

Sorry this class and teacher are giving you such a rough time. You will certainly be glad when it's over and you can move onto something new . Just hang in there and get through this one, then maybe the next won't be as bad .

Cheeria- we spent the day going through lots of old papers, etc trying to clear out some clutter too, so we got a lot of old things cleared out that we no longer needed. We have lots more to go, but it's a start .

Wanda- I like gravy- it doesn't matter WHAT kind, I'll eat it , and that goes for biscuits too. ANY of them . Always HAS been my favorite food ,even as a kid .

Sorry about the banjo comment, I couldnt resist, as soon as I heard your husband was from Alabama, that song started singing through my head "Came From Alabama With a Banjo on My Knee " .

I've always been a little mixed up about a BANJO on the knee ..... why you'd WANT it on your knee, but anyhow, I like the song .

Anytime you wanna make a road trip and drop off a tanker truck gull of gravy in Ohio, let me know and I'll send you gas money, how's that ?

A BIG THANKS to all who competed in the Square-Off this weekend, and no matter of you made one or 10, you got closer to your goal of completing your afghan, so we all did a good job !

I'll be posting my amount tonite before bed,the rest can post tonite or in the morning ,whenever you get the chance.

Poor Jude is stuck with no electric, so it may be a couple days til we hear from her. I hope she's staying warm and dry .

We miss you Jude !

Gonna check out for now -I have one more square that is almost finished. I THINK I can get it done before bedtime, so will try and see .

Talk to you all tomorrow !

Poor Judy, hope its not too cold there.

Here is my square count: I only made 7 squares.

All of them were from the first book. I have to admit that I looked for patterns that had easy 1 or 2 row repeats. I had a few more marked to make, but I am tired of making squares.

Good night everyone. I have to work tomorrow and am going to shut down pretty soon.

Attention Team Twinkie

They are whooping our behinds from what underground info I have heard .

Hey.. what am I chopped liver ?:P

Your forgetting I've had time to improve in all this square making stuff. No longer do I spend a day or two of questions and frogging to get one.:flying

What fun ! I get to show you that your patience helping me learn to crochet has paid off !:applause Just wait..you'll see.

Turns out being too tired to do much of anything has paid off. I'm in the zone. :hook My stack of squares keeps getting taller, but I have to admit it's not in danger of toppling just yet. But it's still early here.

Watch out team healthnuts. :box Have a tasty little snack :broccoli as you get ready to taste defeat.

I'm really having a great time making squares. Best part is it's not boring. By the time I'm tired of one, it's done. Yaaa...:D

Oh.. and I bought a couple big ol' maple bars yesterday.. my secret rocket fuel. Unfortunately two days worth of such sweetness, were mysteriously gone by midnight of the first day. :sigh

I forgot to post the amount of squares I completed for the Healthnut Team. I completed 4 squares. As soon as I get a chance I will post a picture of my squares. Go Team Go :cheer:cheer Nite everyone, I'm going to read, our cable is out due to the storm we had. What's next?????????

Thanks for the totals so far, guys --some of you have me beat ! Probably a lot of you do .

I have 5 more done ,but I went ahead and added mine onto my strip,so all of them are put together inton one big piece ,which probably wasted square-making time, but I like putting them together as I go, so they are all added ,saving that big project later .

We'll see how the totals end up. I'm keeping a tally here on a piece of paper .

See you all in the morning -- time for bed, I'm beat .

Those look great Shaylyn !:clap

Your yarn shows details so much better than mine. I had a hankering to play with Simply Soft for now, which fails in the cable department. Those look beautiful !

Here is my contribution to the Twinkie team. 8 squares. I thought I would get one more done, but that didn't happen. DBF was watching that declutter show and decided it was time for that here. :scared:2eek:ohdear Had to guard my stuff. :lol:lol And hold on to something so I wouldn't go out with the rest of the clutter. Anyhow........

post-35625-135897512587_thumb.jpg

:tyJulie for a fun weekend and managing to get me off to a good start on this afghan. It all looks possible now with what I had earlier and now this twinkie group.

As soon as we get some non-leaking sunlight I want to get a picture with the total so far and see how things look at this point. Here it's just a pile.:think Not sure of the end design yet, so that may help.

Here is my contribution to the Twinkie team. 8 squares. I thought I would get one more done, but that didn't happen. DBF was watching that declutter show and decided it was time for that here. :scared:2eek:ohdear Had to guard my stuff. :lol:lol And hold on to something so I wouldn't go out with the rest of the clutter. Anyhow........

Oh my...I'm glad your safe and sound. That decluttering sounds like dangerous business. :eek

GREAT squares !:clap

Yaaa Team Twinkie !:cheer:cheer:cheer

Wow, you guys just amaze me !!!

Great work on all your parts ..

Shay-- all those cable squares in that short a time ! You have the patience of a saint !

Pam- Beautiful selection of colors, and what a pile of beautiful squares !

To Cindy and Cheeria and Wanda-- you all did very well too !!!

You all deserve a round of applause for being so dedicated and working so hard on your afghan squares this weekend !

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

We won't have the official total yet until I hear Tab and Jude's numbers, but totals currently stand at :

Healthnuts- 25

Twinkies - 29

And remember, this was all in fun, so none of us REALLY lose ....

We ALL got that many more squares closer to completing our afghans .

Don't feel discouraged if someone made more squares than you either, because we all crochet at different rates, we all have different lives and different amounts of time to devote to crocheting, so we all do the best we can .

To ME , ALL you guys are winners . :manyheart:hug:manyheart

Thanks for playing, and I'll announce final totals, just so you know, as soon as we are able to hear from Tab & Jude .

Good Morning.

I was up until 2 a.m. finishing that paper because I couldn't stand the thought of it being late. Thankfully my school has a two hour time difference so I handed it in with 40 minutes to spare. Unfortunately, I did not get any squares done yesterday, so my total is only a mere 4.:(

Great job everyone! This was alot fun. :cheer:clap:cheer

Archived