The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

TAB ---

Doggone, you are slipping, girlfriend !!! Better sharpen up that noodle of yours ....might need it one of these here days .

Somedays it's nice to have a sparring partner and all the rest of these ladies are too classy .

Me & you are good hillbilly feudin' ,moonshine drinkin' ,coonhound huntin ' sparrin' buddies. I bet I can STILL spit tobacco juice further than you .

And me almost twice your age .

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TAB ---

Doggone, you are slipping, girlfriend !!! Better sharpen up that noodle of yours ....might need it one of these here days .

Somedays it's nice to have a sparring partner and all the rest of these ladies are too classy .

Me & you are good hillbilly feudin' ,moonshine drinkin' ,coonhound huntin ' sparrin' buddies. I bet I can STILL spit tobacco juice further than you .

And me almost twice your age .

ICK! I will take your word for it. :yuck And maybe you should put the moonshine down because that was my cousin you married, not yours. :yes:lol:P

Gardener (Cindy?) Thanks , I think #13 will be next. I am going to take the advice I have collected and try to fix my other one tonight and move on. I have spent all of my free time trying to fix my computer and still no luck. I have some heck of a stubborn virus, so I don't think I will get a picture in today. Also, yes it was me worrying about putting these together. The only afghans I have completed were giant granny's squares, and I have been making a small granny's square every time I buy a new color of RHSS, but all I have is a stack that I have not attempted to join yet. This is a stretch for me, but I have been enjoying it. Really! Meeting all of you has been very fun! I didn't know the CAL's would be so social!

Anytime, Jude -- I have a blast shopping for cards and stickers. I'm a sticker fanatic ,and look for cards in every store I go to ... :)

Tab- it's probably a GOOD thing I married YOUR cousin instead of MINE .

I LIKE my cousins, but not enough to MARRY one of them .

Denise- well, I can't speak for all the CAL groups,because I don't have time to visit many of them to keep up with what they are doing ,but in mine, they are always social -- lots more social,and lots less BUSINESS like .

I have been in crochet groups in the past where they have a rule of NO OFF TOPIC TALK - only CROCHET .

I like to crochet, but dang -- I like my CAL's with some LIFE in them ,so that's why I YAK so much and try to get the others to yak-- we make friends and get to know each other better ,so it's not just a group of strangers who come in like this next post :

Well,Tab

I might consider it if Sam wasn't my old pal,but we've known each other since 13,been married almost 33 years .

That's a lot to toss down the drain to be a certified hillbilly. I thought I'd be close enough to one without having to do that .

*And since WHEN is going to the Dr BORING ????

THAT would be the last term I'd use .

How about scared spitless , nerve-wracking, terrifying, etc .

The only good part is the PEOPLE watching .. watch the nervous tics in other people - feet twitching ...jerking at the slightest sound , flipping through a magazine so fast you cant even see the pictures ...

That's why I go around and work the crowd .

It's also why my Dr schedules me at 8 AM -- so I won't work the crowd -I'm first one in .

She said sometime she's gonna do an experiment and just leave me in the exam room ,and have someone outside the room with a timer to see how long I go before talking to myself .

I talk to myself the whole way there, so I'd say about 13 seconds ...

Good night Judy.

I didn't make any squares this week, but I have sewed a lot of squares together.

Dh and I went out to Grand Haven this afternoon, which is a town on Lake Michigan. Its too early for tourists so we were able to walk the boardwalk to the light house without fighting the crowds. It was so nice to spend time outside by the lake. It was cooler there than it is here, but it was still warm enough to be outside comfortably. We visited an antique mall, which had two different booths that sold yarn, old crochet and knitting patterns, etc. I didn't buy anything though.

Cindy,

Great photos !:cheer I really like the separate ones, and see now why yours are consistently the ones I pick one to copy. I always see one there that I just have to go and crochet next. :hook

Hi and good nite everyone, Sorry for jumping in here so late but it has been a very busy day for me today that I haven't had a chance to even take a picture of my squares. Before the week-end is over I will post a picture. The squares that was posted are all beautiful and I love how the afghan look once the squares are sewed together.

I probably will not be on to late in the afternoon tomorrow, it is suppose to be 72 degrees, so I have a breakfast date in the morning than I'm going spring shopping.

I didn't have no time today to finish the square I'm working on and hopefully I'll sit up in bed and work on it later tonight. So with that said have a great evening. :manyheart

Denise,

I see you got a couple good ideas on how to finish your square. I agree with undoing that top row so it's shorter when you start the final row. Well done.:hook

Wish I had thought of Julies plan to do the half db , chain 2 and a single. Think I'll try that on another one. I also saw someone ? Cindy ?.. say one other way is to to a single at the very top of the peaks, a half db on either side, and three doubles in the valley. That's what I did. The square ended up the perfect size.

Turns out I needed 10 rows of aligned shells and the final faking it row to get my square. I have a picture, but it's not so great.( in next post. ) It's the blue one..but I see it's upside down. I'm having wind problems during my picture taking, so it is what it is for now. :badidea

Oh well.. you can get the general idea of how it ended up. Yes, it doesn't match the bottom row but in the grand scheme of things, once in a big blanket, it's really okay in my view.

Here's what got done since the last photo on Monday.

post-3434-135897514059_thumb.jpg

Sorta a funky photo but the wind in really blowing. My goal was to stay on my feet and get a snapshot with all the squares in the picture. It took several tries and catching them and putting them back, while waiting for time between gusts .:rofl

I really need to make a blocking board and get all fancy in these final stages. I'm thinking this is the time I'm going to try a little steam to tame some of these. I've read all kinds of advice / comments on blocking / killing acrylic and most times it seems just wrong. But this right be the right opportunity. I already have a couple squares I don't really like, so they could be sacrificed it it all goes wrong. :scared

If nothing else it will put off deciding how to arrange these little beauties.:think

Denise,

I see our blue block....it's backwards.:lol But you can see how the final row worked out. Sorry it's not a great picture.

Archived