The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Awesome job on the squares Julie. :clap And as for the rest.......ummmm......you're scaring me. :scared I think the martians have probed at the last bit of sanity you had left. :2eek

I'm off for the night. Have a great night everyone!!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie your afghan is real looking great. I can see all the different squares. I can't wait to start attaching my squares together, which I don't even know how to do for I never crochet individual squares and put them together. I know someone here will walk me through it.

For the HealthNut Group, I started on one square, I'm hoping to have it done hopefully by later tomorrow morning, than I'll start another square.

Tonight all my TV shows on channel 7 are on so I'm saying good nite and sleep tight, don't let the aliens into your homes tonight. :lol:lol:lol

Thanks Cindy

Enjoy your visit with your grandsons !!

Tab- your ornery thing ... you'd better watch out. You know I get even ... so be on the lookout. I'll have my alien pals come hunt your town up next .

Cheeria-- Not YOU too !!! Holy smokes, Tab.. what have you done ????

JUST JOKING GUYS -- Really, I dont care -- it's all in fun ..

It's me.. the trouble maker. :neener

But now it seems I'm an official twinkie. Yeah ! Go Twinkies !:cheer:cheer:cheer

One little problem. Shay's super power is crochet. We best be on the ball fellow twinklites. :sweat

Julie, Seems I missed the green dots. There's just a red Y yahoo thingie there now,same as before. Maybe they were working on the inner workings of the ville and keeping it up and running at the same time ? I've seen odd things like that happen in the past, on other sites.

Cindy, Beautiful squares again. Think I'll do that #28 tonight. I copied one of yours the other day too. ;)

Shay, Great to see you. :hug

It's me.. the trouble maker. :neener

But now it seems I'm an official twinkie. Yeah ! Go Twinkies !:cheer:cheer:cheer

One little problem. Shay's super power is crochet. We best be on the ball fellow twinklites. :sweat

Julie, Seems I missed the green dots. There's just a red Y yahoo thingie there now,same as before. Maybe they were working on the inner workings of the ville and keeping it up and running at the same time ? I've seen odd things like that happen in the past, on other sites.

Cindy, Beautiful squares again. Think I'll do that #28 tonight. I copied one of yours the other day too. ;)

Shay, Great to see you. :hug

haha...i don't no...i have seen you and Judy fly on these things to :lol

Great to see you over here to Pam :hug

Well im off to bed now...i got 3 squares done last night while eating carrots :yuck they were really good,no really :scared:lol

My DH wanted to know what i thought i was doing since i don't need to lose weight(I weigh 115 wet)....he says he spends all week buying me fatty foods to fatten me up and im blowing it :lol

Night Ladies!!

ETA-Julie.....did you want me to get photos of these 3 or wait till Monday??

This is your Captain Speaking :lol:D:lol

First, I'll say a big hearty welcome to Holly !

Holly- Our HoHo Down is just a goofy name I came up with in here for a weekend contest we are having .

We got onto the subject of healthy foods vs. not-so-healthy ones . Then decided to make up 2 teams -- a healthy eaters and none healthy eaters group .We are competing to see which ones can make the most afghan squares for our projects by the end of the weekend .

I just called it a HoHo Down ( Like HoeDown,which I think is like a square dance ), and HoHos, I'd guess are not very healthy things to eat .

So, that's where the name came from . My ODD sense of humor . :lol:think:lol

Pam- Great to have you on the team ! :hug

And I'm glad Shay signed on so we'll have an even number on both sides .

You are right though. She is a powerhouse on squares and can crank those things out til her hook smokes, so we have our work cut out for us .

Shay- Had to laugh when you said how small you were and we put you on the health-food eaters.:lol I bet you are the type who could wind down a Big Mac every day and not gain a pound .

That's ok, though,this is all in fun, not really for any weight issues of any kind, it's just me and Tab goofing around .

As for Photos today --(if you have posted photos of any you already posted during the week, you dont have to re-post them today )

We'd love to see photos --- those of you in the ho-ho down can just post a photo of one ,or if you want to wait and post photos Sunday night or monday morning of all the ones you got done, that's fine too .

I'll be getting my cards in the mail today.

I have kinda been keeping a running tally here by my chair of who made a square this week, so please correct me if I am wrong, or if you need added to the list and I don't have you on it.

I tried getting everyone, but I may have forgotten someone. If I did, it wasn't intentional .

These people completed at least one square or more this week :

Wanda

Shay

Judy

Pam

Cindy

Cheeria

Denise (Don't have your address yet )

Tab ? Do you have one done yet ?

If I missed anyone, please let me know .

Thanks --- happy square-making !!!:hook

I'm off to find a creamstick and GAZE at the skies ....... Oh....AND make squares . :D

Hi, Holly - welcome!

Jules...we have this thing in the bag! My hook is on fire - well, WILL be once again as soon as I get myself in gear this morning. It's a rainy day - so it's perfect for hook, needle and book time - once I do a quick cleanup around here.

Jude

I hope so. I have all the confidence in the world in you -- you can make sparks fly off your hook,so I know you are a major force to be reckoned with on our team !!!

I worked on mine last night ..I think I'll be sneaky and not tell how much I have done just to keep the other team guessing . Everyone else can use whatever system they want this weekend, you can tell or not tell ... I'll just keep my numbers quiet until the big "reveal" as some of the tv shows call it .

Be on more a little later - gotta get moving to make a run to the grocery --

Jude

Just got back from HH -- girlfriend, let me tell you, you have made some doozies in the past, but this one wins, hands down .. absolutely gorgeous colors ..

WOW .. I hope you are keeping it .. It belongs on your sunporch this summer .

Tab

Lettuce pray that you behave yourself today little missie . I'm old and feeble. Not nice to make fun of senior citizens.

And how do you know I WASN't abducted ? If ALIENS make spaceships, don't you think they have things like computers, microwaves, Hotpockets, Gameboys ,and other gadgets I don't know how to use ?

And nothing wrong with taking a little afternoon siesta after a good hefty lunch of Double Cheese pizza ,Coke, Tin Roof Ice Cream with a DingDong on the side ?

Jude

Just got back from HH -- girlfriend, let me tell you, you have made some doozies in the past, but this one wins, hands down .. absolutely gorgeous colors ..

WOW .. I hope you are keeping it .. It belongs on your sunporch this summer .

Thanks, hon! I will keep it.

It'll look great draped on my brown wicker chair in front of the white lace curtains I just put up in my office:manyheart

Morning. I will post a pic later my two squares that I made this week. My team I'm working hard on squares. I have my grandson, so between him and playing with him I'm trying to crank out some squares. Talk to you all later. Glad no one was aducted by aliens last nite. :lol:lol:lol

Ok, after I figured out the wierd "make 25 sc even though there are only 22 stitches" part of the instructions, I *finally* finished my block!post-13802-135897511963_thumb.jpg

I would have loved to join the carrot stick team. I have put on 12 pounds in one year because of my ankle reconstruction surgery. But we have company this weekend which = no time for fun stuff like yelling at my new 63 book. I have been slowly allowed to work out and one week ago got the "all clear" for any kind of exercise I want. So bye bye 12 pounds!:nahnah

Ok, after I figured out the wierd "make 25 sc even though there are only 22 stitches" part of the instructions, I *finally* finished my block![ATTACH]17750[/ATTACH]

I would have loved to join the carrot stick team. I have put on 12 pounds in one year because of my ankle reconstruction surgery. But we have company this weekend which = no time for fun stuff like yelling at my new 63 book. I have been slowly allowed to work out and one week ago go the "all clear" for any kind of exercise I want. So bye bye 12 pounds!:nahnah

Nice job! I like the color, too:c9

Thanks. The color choice happened like this: I picked a block and said "hey, that looks easy" :( and grabbed the closest skein of yarn to my hand so I could get started. Amazing thought process, huh? So I am off to Joanns today to see if I can find a light purple to go with it for color #2 and then color #3 will be the ecru. Well, assuming that I can get any two blocks the same size. I am putting off starting another one because I don't want to be disappointed. I read how some people have had to fuss with the patterns and I am too much of a novice for that. :think

You can always make the border bigger to match...and you can also work with them when they're off in size by 1/4 inch or even more,

I fudge a lot:D

Denise

It looks fine, and don't worry ,we'll get the size issue figured out for you . No worries about the team --we have enough people to cover it ,so it's ok .

Have a good time with your company .

Your square is very pretty with the border ,and the rest will match up. There are ways to change things up a little if we have to .

Changing hook size, adding border rounds,etc.

We'll get you through it somehow .

Your card will go out tomorrow--everyone elses were dropped off this morning,since I had all the other addresses then .

If I am forgetting someone ,holler, I posted the list a few posts back .

Archived