It isn't much but...

crochetgal

I AM SO PROUD! :D I am trying to teach myself to knit and so far I can cast on, do the knit stitch and bind off so of course I made a scarf! Knitting is soo much harder for me than crochet and I don't think I am going to continue to do it but at least I made one thing! :lol

post-2788-135897499245_thumb.jpg

congratulations!!:yay Your scarf looks great and you deserve a pat on the back for hanging in there and finishing!!:yes Your post pretty much summed up my knitting career as well. I can do a scarf in the knit stitch and am happy with that but I always say I only knit for someone I really love because it is not my thing! However, I do the occasional scarf - just so I remember.

Great job! That was how I taught myself (with a learn to knit book), just keep practicing and it will get easier. (Knitting does take longer than crocheting, though; that's true..) Your scarf is really cute. :)

Nice scarf! And now that you have learnt to knit, please don't stop - there are so many wonderful knitting patterns available, you can't deprive yourself of the chance to make some of them.

I'm also trying my hand at knitting. I haven't started any projects, but I appreciate where you are coming from. Your scarf is very pretty.

Great job! Good for you for sticking to it! I learned to knit when I was about 12 and at age 20 started - and actually finished a sweater! Looked pretty good too! Haven't knitted a thing since! lol For me crochet is much easier and quicker. Your scarf is beautiful though!

Thanks everyone! :ty I would like to try to make other things but I just really can't get the hang of it....it feels so awkward and I am probably doing it wrong. There are some really nice purse patterns that I would like to make but I don't think I'll ever get that far, lol! :lol Oh well maybe I will try a dishcloth next. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You've done a great job with the scarf. I learned to knit about 20 years ago, but I haven't done it since. I need to go to a class again to learn how to begin. There is that channel on TV that is called Knit & Crochet that might be able to help you. I do know there are two ways to knit and one of them is called picking which alot of crocheters tend to do. If you do not knit that way, you might want to try. It might feel better to you. I remember the big problem I had knitting was keeping the tension. I had a real hard time with that. I do intend to take some knitting classes real soon, like within the next month or two. My wonderful son gave me a gift certificate to my favorite yarn shop that has classes that I will put towards my lesson. Keep up the good work. Don't give up too soon like I did and know I have to go back and re-learn again.

Very cool. I know it seems strange to work with 2 needles, instead of one hook, but you can make some neat things.

I also found, that when my corpal tunnel is acting up, I can pick up the needles and it does not hurt as much. The Dr. can't figure this out either.:think

I learned Oh I guess about (mumble mumble) years ago and I only picked up the hook 19 years ago. I have not done much if any knitting since, but once I got the 2 needles in my hand, it all came back. Just needed a book to refresh my memory of some stitches.:knit

Archived