Let It Snow 2010 (Crocheted Snowflakes CAL and Share)

marikamum

Well I'm definitely going to have to go scouting for that issue! (Although I usually buy every issue anyway...) Congratulations! That is so awesome! And I'm very glad you posted it here. I probably wouldn't have seen it if you posted it elsewhere.

I'm getting in the spirit of the upcoming holiday...

the first of a pair of valentine flakes.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found the booklet that started me on snowflakes. It is Leisure arts leaflet 255. Crocheted Snowflakes and Angels by Wilma Stash. It has 12 snowflake and 4 angel designs. Also templates for stiffening snowflakes from 4 to 8 points. Copyright 1983.

If I want to post picture do I just use the attach file at the bottom of the page?

:hi

I'll try to pop that reference on the front page :)

Yes, with the attach file feature you can upload pics directly from your computer - check the file size requirements in the dialog box that opens to save yourself the headache of waiting for processing that gets rejected :lol you know, hypothetically :rofl

Hi All,

I have a snowflake story to share. I made a dozen snowflakes as requested by my DH. He gave them to a friend for Christmas. The friend is an optometrist with an office near Pittsburgh. The snowflakes were on display in a window of the business. When DH's friend arrived at work this past Monday he realized something was missing. 10 of the flakes managed to untie themselves and are no where to be found. ?????????

Does this mean I'm now famous????? :lol They say famous artists don't usually get recognized until after they die or have their art stolen! And, I'm not planning on going anywhere soon! :lol

I guess I have something to do now during the big snowstorm we're supposed to get tonight. Make more snowflakes!

Hi All,

I have a snowflake story to share. I made a dozen snowflakes as requested by my DH. He gave them to a friend for Christmas. The friend is an optometrist with an office near Pittsburgh. The snowflakes were on display in a window of the business. When DH's friend arrived at work this past Monday he realized something was missing. 10 of the flakes managed to untie themselves and are no where to be found. ?????????

Does this mean I'm now famous????? :lol They say famous artists don't usually get recognized until after they die or have their art stolen! And, I'm not planning on going anywhere soon! :lol

I guess I have something to do now during the big snowstorm we're supposed to get tonight. Make more snowflakes!

Oh, my! Stolen snowflakes! Who would dare such a dastardly deed?

Hi All,

The only possible catch I can see is that unless your friend had a card attributing the snowflakes to you, you are anonymously famous! :rofl

What I want to know is - why did they leave two of them :confused?

Hi All,

Well, here's hoping that those flakes melt and drown the dastardly villain!

The only possible catch I can see is that unless your friend had a card attributing the snowflakes to you, you are anonymously famous! :rofl

What I want to know is - why did they leave two of them :confused?

"anonymously famous", now there's an oxymoron!

Hi All,

I guess that you sould take this as a compliment. They must have been very lovely if someone thought they were worth stealing.

Hi everyone,

I tried and tried but there was no way to keep up with mother nature's snow machine. I surrender. We had 26" of the white stuff overnight. The lump under the heart flag is my car.

My shoulder will be so sore from shoveling I won't be able to crochet snowflakes!

post-7401-135897502419_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I tried and tried but there was no way to keep up with mother nature's snow machine. I surrender. We had 26" of the white stuff overnight. The lump under the heart flag is my car.

My shoulder will be so sore from shoveling I won't be able to crochet snowflakes!

Oh, WOW!!!!!! :eek Unbelievable. Until I read you comment about the lump being your car, I didn't even see it as a car. WOW!!!!! :eek Take it easy digging out.

Hi All,

If it wasn't so cold there I would say they melted, but as cold as you are getting, I think your right and someone "lifted" them.....:hug

Hi everyone,

Holy Blizzard, Batman! You really did get dumped on! Wish we could get another big one like that!

So sorry your snowflakes turned up missing, but yes, I do think this means you don't have to wait until you die to become famous! We need to tip off the Associated Press and get this story out! :)

Snowflake made from metallic gold thread. Heart for Valentine's Day.

Those are gorgeous! I love the valentine!

Aternoon all……….

I am so behind in this…….. :sigh

I really want to get some snowflakes done for my little Christmas trees!!!

I’m caught up in making hubby a Valentine Flannel’ghan right now. Then the Olympic Games will start and I’ll be working on projects for that…I need to find some time to get some snowflakes made!

I love all the ones that have been made … they are all so pretty!

1wani: too pretty!!!

jrnylst: WOW… love those!!! Gosh darn… I need to make some!

Okay… off for a coffee refill… and crocheting

Catch up in a while!

:heart

:mug

Archived