Let It Snow 2010 (Crocheted Snowflakes CAL and Share)

marikamum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to bump our thread up to the top once again! Here is my latest snowflake pattern. Happy Monday!

Lovely!

One of these days I need to get the oomph to update the first post - my apologies to all for being such a lazy-butt this year :P...

Lovely!

One of these days I need to get the oomph to update the first post - my apologies to all for being such a lazy-butt this year :P...

No worries! We know you have a life, and we expect you to cherish every minute of it you can! Hope school is going well...

When I first found the snowflake that inspired this design, I couldn't wait to make one. This probably is one of my very favorite flakes of all time. Just because it's so different!

post-31952-135897522976_thumb.jpg

I really like this one. You amaze me with all these lovely snowflakes.

Thank you!!! :)

This one's on my way to my mom this week!

Also, I was one of the many participants in Knit and Crochet Blog Week last week. I'm hoping if this happens again next year, more crocheters will participate. I was kind of hungering for more about crochet, although I do love knitting, too. A list of this year's participants may be found on the lower right sidebar of this blog. Many of the posts are so worth checking out. Hope to see some of you in there, too, next time around!

post-31952-135897527065_thumb.jpg

very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

I think it's down to just you and I now! Summer fever has hit! :)

Hi, I'm back. I was going strong in 2009, doing both the 2008 list and the 2009 list at the same time. Then personal disaster struck and my crocheting was put to the side to straighten out my life. But I am back now and ready to go again on my snowflakes.

I am in a new apartment and a new life. (Have always owned houses before, but LOVE living in an apartment.) And in my new apartment with my new life, I am going to have a new Christmas tree with only my crocheted snowflakes.

I have a 6 foot green tree, all blue lights, all white snowflakes (with a little silver and gold blending filament added in a few). I am currently working on a garland that will be white baby yarn (with a white silky thread running through it) snowflakes, tied together with blue ribbon.. Last year I started a tree top. I made my own "Pearl" pattern (for my cat that died) and I made one from the heavy stiff plastic canvas yarn. I bought a piece of wood and drew the shape of the star on it. Now I just have to cut the wood and drill holes for the string of 25 clear lights, and then attach the crocheted snowflake for my tree top.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this flaky group. I hope we can have some fun here this year.

Autumn

Welcome, Autumn! I hope you will post pictures of your projects!

I'm sorry you had a personal tragedy, and I hope the happiness you are feeling now lasts!

I've been wearing my bicycle helmet instead of my thinking cap lately, so I didn't think to work up a Memorial Day snowflake. I am trying to finish up a Father's Day project, though...

Meanwhile, here's my latest snowflake:

post-31952-135897535737_thumb.jpg

I also will be publishing my Father's Day snowflake pattern next Monday, but likely won't have internet access all week. So if someone wants to publish the new pattern here next week, you have my permission. (That way, everyone can get it done in time for Father's Day.)

It's called Six Ties for Dad. It's still drying this morning, so I don't have a picture of it yet. But the pattern's written and scheduled for posting on June 14!

• 2 weeks later...
I also will be publishing my Father's Day snowflake pattern next Monday, but likely won't have internet access all week. So if someone wants to publish the new pattern here next week, you have my permission. (That way, everyone can get it done in time for Father's Day.)

It's called Six Ties for Dad. It's still drying this morning, so I don't have a picture of it yet. But the pattern's written and scheduled for posting on June 14!

I'll try to remember to step into the breach :')... thanks to you and Gardener and everyone else for keeping this going. I have not really picked up thread in ages and my crocheting has been sparse at best LOL... too much school! The creative juices are starting to churn a bit again, though, so I hope to call in more frequently now. Someday I may even update the lead post...

If you would like to update the front page list, I'll see if I can get the admin powers to somehow unlock it for you if that is at all possible... or I can pop a link there to some post of yours if you'd like to run a master list of links to your flakes or somesuch...

:hug

Marika

Hi, I'm back. I was going strong in 2009, doing both the 2008 list and the 2009 list at the same time. Then personal disaster struck and my crocheting was put to the side to straighten out my life. But I am back now and ready to go again on my snowflakes.

I am in a new apartment and a new life. (Have always owned houses before, but LOVE living in an apartment.) And in my new apartment with my new life, I am going to have a new Christmas tree with only my crocheted snowflakes.

I have a 6 foot green tree, all blue lights, all white snowflakes (with a little silver and gold blending filament added in a few). I am currently working on a garland that will be white baby yarn (with a white silky thread running through it) snowflakes, tied together with blue ribbon.. Last year I started a tree top. I made my own "Pearl" pattern (for my cat that died) and I made one from the heavy stiff plastic canvas yarn. I bought a piece of wood and drew the shape of the star on it. Now I just have to cut the wood and drill holes for the string of 25 clear lights, and then attach the crocheted snowflake for my tree top.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this flaky group. I hope we can have some fun here this year.

Autumn

Welcome to you, Autumn! May your tree plans come to beautiful fruition :flake :flake :flake:)

:welcome

If you would like to update the front page list, I'll see if I can get the admin powers to somehow unlock it for you if that is at all possible... or I can pop a link there to some post of yours if you'd like to run a master list of links to your flakes or somesuch...

:hug

Marika

Yikes! I could try, but sometimes my internet access is limited too, so I'm not sure I could do more than what you are already doing!

Funny how life gets in the way sometimes, huh? :)

Archived