Let It Snow 2010 (Crocheted Snowflakes CAL and Share)

marikamum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snowflake made from metallic gold thread. Heart for Valentine's Day.

Very lovely! :manyheart Can you give me the pattern reference for the flake so I can add it to the front page?

I am sorry for being so quiet, my subscription seems to have slipped a cog, because I didn't get any notifications this week, so thought nothing was going on over here! :think

Jrnlyst - lovely valentine flakes... I will try to add them to the front page this week :)

Cosmo, hope you can get out from under all that snow... we don't have any shovels here, so I'll just lend a :2magic, okay?

Cheers all!

Here's another valentine flake, and this one I call Cold Heart.

Very pretty flake. Checked out your store on ETSY. Beautiful items. Love the Cereal Bear. Don't know if I have the patience and nimble fingers to do something like that. :cheer:cheer

Welcome, Ru-berry!

I was eyeballing my flakes for YEARS, just pinning them in what looked like straight and even. Then about four months ago I found this link, printed out about 20 copies of the "ultimate blocking diagram", stuck them on my pizza boxes, covered them with clear plastic wrap and have been using that to pin and stiffen my flakes ever since. I thought I did a good job eyeballing until I got my first few flakes completed using this diagram. Now when I hold my new flakes up to my old flake, I see what an eyeball engineer I'm not. :)

I have one of my most fun flakes ever coming on Monday. Stay tuned.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Welcome, Ru-berry!

I was eyeballing my flakes for YEARS, just pinning them in what looked like straight and even. Then about four months ago I found this link, printed out about 20 copies of the "ultimate blocking diagram", stuck them on my pizza boxes, covered them with clear plastic wrap and have been using that to pin and stiffen my flakes ever since. I thought I did a good job eyeballing until I got my first few flakes completed using this diagram. Now when I hold my new flakes up to my old flake, I see what an eyeball engineer I'm not. :)

Have a GREAT weekend!

What a wonderful site. My eyeballing days are over. :cheer:cheer Your snowflakes are wonderful!!!

Welcome, Ru-berry!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Thanks for the link.

Here are three flakes that I had pinned before I saw Gardener's wonderful link. I am sure that additional ones will be much nicer thanks to that great graph. Thanks Gardener. :hug

post-35625-135897508663_thumb.jpg

Here are three flakes that I had pinned before I saw Gardener's wonderful link. I am sure that additional ones will be much nicer thanks to that great graph. Thanks Gardener. :hug

Beautiful!

I would have posted the graph link months ago if I had known it hadn't already been shared here. I apologize!

So now we'll all have beautifully stiffened, uptight flakes, right? Ha ha!

Here is my latest snowflake pattern. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I think this probably is my most favorite pattern so far.

post-31952-135897509303_thumb.jpg

I would have posted the graph link months ago if I had known it hadn't already been shared here. I apologize!

Here is my latest snowflake pattern. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I think this probably is my most favorite pattern so far.

Very pretty flakes here. I like the middle sized one. Sorry for not giving credit to you for posting graph. Need to pay more attention. :yes:yes

This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for your generosity in sharing your patterns.

I would love to join this. I decided at Christmas that "snowflakes" were going to be my new decorating theme. So, I should probably get started early. Also, I gave crocheted snowflakes that I made to all my daughter's teachers. I attached them to Bath & Body handsoap and they loved it. It was quick and easy and I plan on doing it again next year. So the idea is to make one snowflake a week. Is that right?

I would love to join this. I decided at Christmas that "snowflakes" were going to be my new decorating theme. So, I should probably get started early. Also, I gave crocheted snowflakes that I made to all my daughter's teachers. I attached them to Bath & Body handsoap and they loved it. It was quick and easy and I plan on doing it again next year. So the idea is to make one snowflake a week. Is that right?

well, yes...but I have to admit, for me its more like one snowflake a month. And I still ahve to stiffen all the ones I made last year. I think I did about 30 of them.

Anyhow, welcome, and looking forward to seeing your snowflakes.

Omgosh..............those are beautiful!!!!

:heart

:mug

Archived