Let It Snow 2010 (Crocheted Snowflakes CAL and Share)

marikamum

:hi......... just poppin' in to say HI!

I have thread and hook ready for tomorrow to create my first snowflake for this year! :yay

I have several I want to make for my two little trees and gifts!

How is everyone else doing?

:heart

:mug

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have a great time Wanda! :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

Love, Cosmo

PS. I know there was a letter mailed yesterday to someone special at your house.

Have a ball, Marikamum!

Thanks, ladies :manyheart. We had a lovely week of :sun and :hot and swimming and circus and family and loveliness :D. (And I all but finished my first pair of socks :crocheting) Now it is back to the daily run of life! :')

PS... that certain someone saw her dad pick up the mail from the mailbox as we got out of the taxicab from the airport and said ":sigh My pen pals haven't sent me a letter back yet...", and guess what was in the mail? Now to see if we can get the reply done and sent before school starts on Wednesday! :yes

Here is my newest flake:

Lovely flake! Thanks!

I agree!

Thanks, ladies :manyheart. We had a lovely week of :sun and :hot and swimming and circus and family and loveliness :D. (And I all but finished my first pair of socks :crocheting) Now it is back to the daily run of life! :')

Welcome home! We missed you!

I finished my socks probably about the same time you left. Wrote about them here. Also haven't answered your question yet about the snowflakes being a little more intricate. Way back before Christmas, I'd bought one of those huge balls of thread because I got tired of running out. It claims to be size 10, but I think it's a little bigger than that. I had to step up from a size 10 hook to a size 4. (Hope I didn't get that backwards!) Then I got the bamboo thread for Christmas, and I got to move back to the size 10 hookj. I wish they had the bamboo in two-mile balls! When I run out, I'll be trying to use up the big, giant, humongous ball again. Boohoo! But, it will make a heck of a lot of flakes!

I can't wait to see how your socks turned out!

How does our CAL keep getting dropped onto the second page?!? Guess we need post more often here, huh? :)

I've posted a new pattern...

THat's the spirit! I always like being on the lead page, too :lol...

Another beaut of a flake...

I have several snowflakes made already. Now I will have to get into gear and stiffen them so I can photo. Most of them are in "American School of Needlework's 101 snowflakes" by Delsie Rhoades and Dathy Wesley. However I will probably use some of your patterns. Love making them, hate stiffening them. I hope that subscribing to thread just means that I will participate. Still trying to learn how to use this site.

I have several snowflakes made already. Now I will have to get into gear and stiffen them so I can photo. Most of them are in "American School of Needlework's 101 snowflakes" by Delsie Rhoades and Dathy Wesley. However I will probably use some of your patterns. Love making them, hate stiffening them. I hope that subscribing to thread just means that I will participate. Still trying to learn how to use this site.

:welcome

It is great to have you on board :).

If you subscribe to the thread in the "Thread Subscription" box in the "Additional Options" section below your reply by selecting a type of notification (other than 'Do not subscribe' of course ;)) all it does is let you know when new messages are posted. This will happen by email on the schedule you've selected (instant, daily or weekly) or some other way :lol (I think maybe you get info through your User CP (or profile) or maybe via PM?) if you select No email notification.

You don't even have to participate if you are subscribed :lol... although it will only notify you once for all activity since your last viewing of the thread (so if you are notified but don't view the thread, you won't receive any more notifications no matter how much activity there is on the thread until you view the thread through your account...).

If I want to keep tabs on a thread I generally subscribe with instant email notification...

Cheers!

Welcome to the group! :welcome

My new flakes are on hold for the time being as both Kim and I have bronchitis and it's really hard to concentrate right now. Kim coughed half the night and I'm so short on sleep I can't see straight. John had a total hip replacement on the 4th so I've been caring for Kim 24/7 since then. Things have been really nuts. He's back at work now which helps some. Our daily routine is getting more normal. He's hoping to be able to get Kim up to the bathroom in another week or so, and then things will get even more normal. Until then it's going to be just getting done what I can when I can. :hug

Hi all,

I know this has nothing to do with snowflakes, but please excuse my excitement over bringing into the world my first ever third-party-published pattern. :c9 You can get a peek of it at http://www.kalmedia.co.uk/ic6contents.jpg

My pattern is the one on page 40 - The Gathery-Up Scarf (which I posted on Ravelry without the hyphen... I'll have to see if fixing that throws out links to it or not...).

If you object to my self-promotion, please just PM me and I'll kill this post :)...

Regards,

Thanks! :blush

I keep watching over it on Ravelry like a little baby :devil:lol...

Congratulations Wanda!!!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer fairy!

The word on Ravelry is the magazine is now available on yudu.com!

"Inside Crochet 6" I'm hoping to locate a copy in print but so far I haven't found a store that will have one on Feb 5. (The official publication date.)

Hi all,

I know this has nothing to do with snowflakes, but please excuse my excitement over bringing into the world my first ever third-party-published pattern. :c9 You can get a peek of it at http://www.kalmedia.co.uk/ic6contents.jpg

My pattern is the one on page 40 - The Gathery-Up Scarf (which I posted on Ravelry without the hyphen... I'll have to see if fixing that throws out links to it or not...).

If you object to my self-promotion, please just PM me and I'll kill this post :)...

Regards,

Congratulations!!! :yay That is wonderful!!! :yay It looks like a great pattern!!! :yay Marvelous news!!! :yay

Congratulations Wanda!!!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer fairy!

The word on Ravelry is the magazine is now available on yudu.com!

"Inside Crochet 6" I'm hoping to locate a copy in print but so far I haven't found a store that will have one on Feb 5. (The official publication date.)

THanks, Cosmo :D... My guess is that the hard copy won't be on shelves in the States on Feb 5 (at least here in Oz foreign mags run at least two weeks to an issue or more behind the on sale date in their home country).

You might also be able to compare sourcing a hard copy from the UK directly. Again, here in Oz, we've found that online purchases from the UK often are quite reasonable in terms of final price. The UK seems to have much more reasonable international shipping rates than Oz and definitely more reasonable than the US.

I've seen my baby because I have a YUDU subscription to Inside Crochet, luckily I don't have to wait for a hard copy to find its way overseas to me :lol...

Congratulations!!! :yay That is wonderful!!! :yay It looks like a great pattern!!! :yay Marvelous news!!! :yay

Thanks, Linda :2blush. I hope things are getting easier in your household/work situation :hugs

Regards,

Marika aka :mdustWanda:mdust

Thanks, Linda :2blush. I hope things are getting easier in your household/work situation :hugs

Regards,

Marika aka :mdustWanda:mdust

John has reached the point where he can get Kim in and out of bed and the chair. So I can go back to a normal sleep pattern and am off the 24/7 routine. Sarge, my kitty, has barely left my side since my return to the downstairs. He is a very happy kitty now that his mommy is back with him in the evenings and nights.

John has reached the point where he can get Kim in and out of bed and the chair. So I can go back to a normal sleep pattern and am off the 24/7 routine. Sarge, my kitty, has barely left my side since my return to the downstairs. He is a very happy kitty now that his mommy is back with him in the evenings and nights.

Oh, good! :manyheart

I found the booklet that started me on snowflakes. It is Leisure arts leaflet 255. Crocheted Snowflakes and Angels by Wilma Stash. It has 12 snowflake and 4 angel designs. Also templates for stiffening snowflakes from 4 to 8 points. Copyright 1983.

If I want to post picture do I just use the attach file at the bottom of the page?

Hi all,

Regards,

Well I'm definitely going to have to go scouting for that issue! (Although I usually buy every issue anyway...) Congratulations! That is so awesome! And I'm very glad you posted it here. I probably wouldn't have seen it if you posted it elsewhere.

Archived