last minute gift for dh?

my dh and i had a deal that we weren't doing a whole lot for christmas this year because we didn't have much to spend. so, i only got him a watch and then i found out that he has 6 gifts for me under the tree. i want to give him more, but we don't have the money for me to do more shopping. i have a huge stash and a couple days to do some crocheting though. i was thinking maybe making him something quick and easy. i made him a scarf last year that he never wore, so i don't know what to make. he's very into anything geeky/nerdy/video game/sci-fi kinds of things. anyone have any ideas?:think

How about a cheap dvd movie from walmart. Here in Canada we can get them for five bucks each, mind you they are not the latest movies.... How about going to a dollar store and looking for stocking stuffers. Hope I have helped.

Slippers. Once I've given people slippers, they never stop asking for more.

Fingerless gloves. These are very popular and there are lots of easy patterns.

His own coffee cup coasters or cozies.

A "Man Bag" for hauling around his stuff. Lots of guys love these. Essentially you make a tote using 2 strands together for strength. And with 2 strands, you can make a tweed look if you want.

My hubby loves homemade cookies and candy. You could make him his own special treats if hats and scarfs won't do :) I know my DH would rather have the treats.

Seconded! My hubby doesn't really need anything I can crochet and not interested in much, but he absolutely loves my home made cookies! I also do special dinners for him =)

well, this may be a bit corny, but what about a coupon book? print them out on the computer w/ things like "a special dinner", or "a back rub", or something he may be more interested in. maybe have 1 "will crochet you anything you ask for".

and i also like the dollar store idea. if you like doing puzzles together, the store here has some nice 1's that are not overly easy. they also have some decent books at times if he is a reader.

good luck on finding some things for him.

Sandy

you mentioned he likes video games....

make him a mario mushroom hat, I made one for my son a red beanie with white circles sewed on like this one -----> http://www.gadgetvenue.com/mario-crochet-hat-07303541/

does he have a favorite animal? you can crochet him one if he does.. (I am making my hubby a polar bear hehehe)

how about making him this ------> http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107803&highlight=scraper

good luck

Coasters to use around his geeky toys. Nothing worse than water rings and electronics!

You could use Video Game images to make them fun!

A Crocheted basket fo holding game discs.

(a quick gift to purchase: extra sylus for his gadgets, they always seem to get lost.

yea i was gonna say that.... Make him a Funky hat of one of his things he likes. Men are so hard to Gift to begin with.. Mine is I know that... Never know what to get him... I'm sure he'll like whatever you come up with :)

How about socks, I get request every year for socks. I make them with worsted weight and they are so warm while sitting at the computer or watching a movie. I made 11 pairs so far and have a few more to go. If they don't get socks they are not happy. I have 3 grandsons and one son in law who ask for these socks and they are quick and easy to make.

• 1 month later...
How about socks, I get request every year for socks. I make them with worsted weight and they are so warm while sitting at the computer or watching a movie. I made 11 pairs so far and have a few more to go. If they don't get socks they are not happy. I have 3 grandsons and one son in law who ask for these socks and they are quick and easy to make.

what pattern do you use?

my dh and i had a deal that we weren't doing a whole lot for christmas this year because we didn't have much to spend. so, i only got him a watch and then i found out that he has 6 gifts for me under the tree. i want to give him more, but we don't have the money for me to do more shopping. i have a huge stash and a couple days to do some crocheting though. i was thinking maybe making him something quick and easy. i made him a scarf last year that he never wore, so i don't know what to make. he's very into anything geeky/nerdy/video game/sci-fi kinds of things. anyone have any ideas?:think

:think :think What did you end up doing for him & did he like it?

Archived