4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

These beauties are from Jennifer. Twelve ghans and look at the hats too! The hats are in matching colors to the ghans, so some little one is going to be quiet fancy!

These are all lovely and soft. I think my favorite is the pink and camo ripple. It's stunning!

post-2886-135897514729_thumb.jpg

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy's (RecycleCindy) afghans arrived today. She posted a pic in the thread already - so I'm just left to tell you that you wouldn't get over how soft an afghan made from an old sweater feels! Wow!

They are both lovely!

(anyone notice we're almost at 100? :cheer)

Vanessa sent these wonderful scratch mitts! Two of them have matching hats! Vanessa is a new villager and she's already being so generous with her time and talent! These are sure to make a family feel cared for!

post-2886-135897516629_thumb.jpg

Where do we send donations for the NICU? I would love to donate some. I would also like to know how to get ahold of the person that does the RR I would love to know how to do them. thanks

Where do we send donations for the NICU? I would love to donate some. I would also like to know how to get ahold of the person that does the RR I would love to know how to do them. thanks

Sending you a PM now!

I have a package here without a Crochetville name. I'm getting ready to take pictures of the ghans and I want to credit the correct person. Will Debra in St. Louis please stand up?

(what show was that line from? To Tell The Truth?)

Drumroll please! We've hit 100 afghans!!! We're a Third of the way to our goal with less than a third of the time in! We're on target to exceed our goal! :cheer

Debra sent us these three beautiful afghans. The yellow and purple is large enough for the largest baby in the NICU. The afghan on the right, is actually purple - they are all lovely and soft and will be treasured I"m sure!

post-2886-135897517918_thumb.jpg

I posted a while back about a friend at work telling her church women's group about our effort. These 6 knit blankets came from her fellow parishoner. The yellow one and the two white are very lacey and delicate. The largest has a lovely basketweave pattern. These are all preemie size and will be so comforting to the family of a tiny baby.

post-2886-135897517923_thumb.jpg

I had a busy month! I didn't want a repeat of February where I didn't hit my goal of a ghan a week, so I really picked up the pace. Remnants were on sale for 50% off at Joann's - so I did the fleece ghans for about $2 a piece.

The RR's are done in Vanna's and Loops N Threads. The straight preemie ghan is done in Baby Clouds leftover from a project last year.

post-2886-13589751832_thumb.jpg

I had a busy month! I didn't want a repeat of February where I didn't hit my goal of a ghan a week, so I really picked up the pace. Remnants were on sale for 50% off at Joann's - so I did the fleece ghans for about $2 a piece.

The RR's are done in Vanna's and Loops N Threads. The straight preemie ghan is done in Baby Clouds leftover from a project last year.

Wow you have been a very busy girl. And the total is over the 100 mark already. :cheer

I have a feeling this could be a banner year for the number of blankies you deliver by December. :manyheart

Unbelievable! You really upped your average this month. :cheer

I will admit today that I cheated and set my goal low so I could not fail :blush shame on me. :lol But I have completed my six and have another started. Since we are in no hurry I'm just going to wait it out and see if I can add more to my total.

All of the blankets look great so far. Because of the photos I now have an appreciation for yellow and pink together, who knew! So thanks for the photos Kathryn.

Have fun everyone! :cheer I think we are going to crush last year's total.

But I have completed my six and have another started. Since we are in no hurry I'm just going to wait it out and see if I can add more to my total.

All of the blankets look great so far. Because of the photos I now have an appreciation for yellow and pink together, who knew! So thanks for the photos Kathryn.

Have fun everyone! :cheer I think we are going to crush last year's total.

Look at you Shelly! Only March and you've already reached your goal? That's great!

I agree with you, I think by the time delivery comes, we are going to be AMAZED at the number we have!

I wish I could thank you all properly - and have you over for a get together.. I'd make cake and coffee and tea ... we'd sit and crochet and then marvel at the big pile of afghans we have!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to take a minute to post a little something to bump this thread back up. I have been crocheting like mad and I believe I have 4 or 5 preemie blankets so far in my box. There is one more that I should be able to finish the border on this evening. For the next several weeks I will be working on a baby shower gift and a Mother's day gift. After that I will jump back in at full force.

Hope everyone is having some lovely spring-like weather. It's starting to get warmer than I'd like for it to only be mid-April. I hope that is not indicative of a dreadfully hot and humid summer ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I so enjoy looking at all the blankets that have already been donated. They are all beautiful.

I am ashamed to say that I have been procrastinating on this project. However, I've just finished a 20 inch box stitch afghan, and am about to start using the leftover yarn in a round ripple.

I try to make a baby blanket for the local pregnancy resource center each month, and my goal was to make a premie blanket for this "ville charity each month too. By crocheting furiously for the past two weeks, I've caught up on the first goal, and now I'm going to work on the premie blankets. They go quickly, so hopefully I will be caught up by the beginning of May. (that is if I don't get sidetracked.)

I won't mail until I have a boxful though.

I have several pictures to post.. I've been a bit remiss, so sorry! Busy schedule, camera problems..DS shoved a cow hoof down our toilet.... :eek etc. Anyway - look at these three lovely groups we have!

I told you all about my co-worker's church group. The two sets of blankets that are fabric (plus a crocheted one in there) are from her chuch friends. Wonderful craftsmanship and bright colors to cheer any baby. Plus, the pic of the three sewn blankets - they are all large enough for even a 1 year old!

Then we have 3 lovely preemie ghans from Smith (Susan), plus NINETEEN baby hats! They are oh so soft and so lovingly done!

post-2886-135897525086_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897525091_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897525096_thumb.jpg

Archived