4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This falls in line with the items for older kids. I had posted earlier about beaded/charm bookmarks and I still plan on doing those. My question is about charm necklaces. I was in Hobby Lobby today (a dangerous situation to say the least) and was looking at charms for bookmarks and I got the idea to do necklaces. I had done some similar for my neices and step-daughter for Christmas, so I thought why not for charity. I whipped these up this evening and figured I would get your input. Would you be interested in charm necklaces.

I make every effort to make sure that all crimps and clasps are attached securely but would be more than willing to put a label stating "Not intended for small children."

Those are so pretty!

So, I thought that maybe we'd keep a running total as afghans come in... anyone like that idea?

Here are afghans 19 and 20 - from Jenn. The MAM is so soft, I just want to cuddle it myself! and the RR - well, I think everyone knows how I feel about those! These are wonderful and are going to make a baby feel so loved and a family feel so cared for!

post-2886-135897496216_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897496224_thumb.jpg

So, I thought that maybe we'd keep a running total as afghans come in... anyone like that idea?

Here are afghans 19 and 20 - from Jenn. The MAM is so soft, I just want to cuddle it myself! and the RR - well, I think everyone knows how I feel about those! These are wonderful and are going to make a baby feel so loved and a family feel so cared for!

Beautiful!

Could you please email me your address so when I get blankets done I can send them to you. I lost it again! And email is better. I am not on here too much lately. Thanks!

You don't have your email as a link in your stats page... but I've sent you a PM and included my email address

I acutally got 2 afghans done this week. Normally it takes me about a week to do one by the time I get dinner made- homework done and kids in bed.. my crochet time is limited.

However, yesterday we had the carpets professionally cleaned and I was forced to not move about the house... nothing else to do but crochet! So, This week, I got two more Aggie May RR's done.

Loops N Threads yarn and my Jimbo hook. I could the combination of that pattern, that yarn and my Jimbo all day every day!

post-2886-135897497195_thumb.jpg

I acutally got 2 afghans done this week. Normally it takes me about a week to do one by the time I get dinner made- homework done and kids in bed.. my crochet time is limited.

However, yesterday we had the carpets professionally cleaned and I was forced to not move about the house... nothing else to do but crochet! So, This week, I got two more Aggie May RR's done.

Loops N Threads yarn and my Jimbo hook. I could the combination of that pattern, that yarn and my Jimbo all day every day!

They're beautiful!

You don't have your email as a link in your stats page... but I've sent you a PM and included my email address
Thanks! I am glad I get my pms sent to my email. I cant get into my pm's for some unknown reason. Its irritating.

They are beautiful!

Very nice Kathryn.

#21 and #22 are great Kathryn. But I'm partial since purple and green are my favorite colors.

You all are a bad influence :devil on me. I have completed two ghans and decided since I have colorful scraps left over I should pick up some Pound of Love in white to use them up. I see RR's in my future as well. :hook

Look at what arrived from Marsha (Redbird51)! Eight beautiful afghans ranging in size from extreme preemie to something suitable for a one year old and all sizes in between.

I folded everything in half to try to get it all in one picture.

The yarn has a lovely shiny bit running through it - it makes each ghan just shimmer. Absolutely lovely!

post-2886-135897499416_thumb.jpg

[quote=cshell;1983121

You all are a bad influence :devil on me. I have completed two ghans and decided since I have colorful scraps left over I should pick up some Pound of Love in white to use them up. I see RR's in my future as well. :hook

Welcome to the Dark Side! Once you start RR's you'll never look at another pattern! Everytime I think about doing another baby afghan, I end up doing a few rows, then frogging and going back to my beloved RR!

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! :cheer:cheer:cheer

( Sorry, I have no self control- couldn't stop myself :blush:lol )

Those are great :manyheart . All beautiful. But love, love, love the pastels that start in yellow and go all through the spectrum. Just lovely.

TFS- :hook

I would love to contribute too. I have to get my son's team through Relay For Life first. I've always been very thankful and greatful for the gifts of talent and skill to do the things that I do and know that my rewards will be great in the end when I share what I know and what I can do with others. That's why I took on the challenge of 15 teenagers (13 and 14 yrs. old 13 boys, 2 girls) of the relay for life team so I could give back and I've made it my personal mission to do for others. I'm not sure how many things I can get to you by Thanksgiving but I will surely try to send something. You've given me inspiration to do something like this in my area as well. The relay for life team is comprised of 6th grade graduates from a Catholic school and I think as a group they should do some service projects as well. It would be nice to do this for the children in Children's hospital in Pittsburgh. I know that several groups bring toys to them. I will keep my eye on this post.

Who lives in South Hamilton MA? I got two beautiful ghans today in the mail - but no name on the box. I'll be posting pics (hopefully tonight- finally am getting the Christmas mess put away) of the first ghans we received from JenniferElyse and I want to post pics of these as well, but I don't know who to credit them too.

So sorry not to reply sooner - I haven't been online in awhile. I sent the ghans from S. Hamilton. I must have forgotten to put in the note! Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for all you do for the babies!

-Sharon

Somehow I haven't been getting emails notifying me that there were new posts in the thread. Sorry that I've been gone! I haven't been online much and when I saw no email notifications, I didn't think anything new was posted!

Sharon, a belated thank you to you for the ghans!

Thank you to you all for your help and offering to help and even thinking of helping!

Afghan #31 comes from Aggie May - it's a genuine Aggie May RR all the way from New Zealand! It's a beautiful RR, with a different start to the pattern than what I've been doing. It gives it a lovely lacey center.

It's going to make the family of a sick baby feel so loved and cared for!

post-2886-135897500231_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897500236_thumb.jpg

Here is what I've done in the last 2 weeks. 3 RRs and 2 crocheted edged fleece. I folded the fleeece in half that you see on the right side of the pic so that everything would fit in one photo.

The darker colored ghan on top is actually a royal blue and a maroon... not quiet as dark as in the picture. My DD picked out the colors for it!

post-2886-135897500611_thumb.jpg

thanks for posting pics of my ghans. i was glad to be able to send something for the little ones. cshell, don't worry about the marsha thing-i've heard it since the show was on way back then.

thanks for the compliments. those rr's are aggie may's pattern that she so graciously shares with us. the shading idea came from a thread on here. i can't remember who's idea it was but there were good directions. i'm sorry i can't remember and i don't know how to post the reference. tech challenged.

the new blankies are so pretty. i love to look at everyone's work.

thanks again for letting me help out.

Oh, Colleen's is wonderful isn't it?

Your little helper did a great job with picking out colors for you. :cheer All are lovely as usual.

This has been your week! A round ripple from Colleen, our RR mentor and now Mary Jo has welcomed you into the "Bag Lady" club.

:jumpyay:party:c9

Archived